Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2021, 09:22 PM   #1711
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i thought the united states was dead when Obama was elected? Which is it?

Old 01-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #1712
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
the election fraud evidence wasn't blown off by corruption though. that was Antifa.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:52 PM   #1713
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I wonder if he still wants to be one of Hoover's boys now that he knows they are part of the Deep State (along with the CIA, NSA, CISA, Pentagon, Congress, Supreme Court, every single state-level court, and every polling-station volunteer in every state that Trump did not win).

Old 01-08-2021, 11:38 PM   #1714
buzzard
Minion of Satan

He did attempt a move from the call centre into Human Resources, but "personal politics" saw him swiftly returned to his original posting.

Once again, the world conspires against old Belte and there's no way he's the common denominator in a life typified by rejection. It's everybody else that's wrong.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:11 PM   #1715
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Hey now, there are people who believe in Belte. His wife's espionage assignment, for example, rested on the hope and expectation that he would actually be successful in his bid to become an FBI agent.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:07 PM   #1716
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Can anybody imagine what it's like to be Mike Pence right now? You're an evangelical born-again Christian who wants to bring your nation more in-line with your religious convictions. You become the running mate of a non-establishment candidate who doesn't embody the values of your religion, and even contradicts your party on a couple of key policy issues, maybe rationalizing to yourself that because god works in mysterious ways, he must be working through this unlikely figure to do his will, and that throwing in with Trump is somehow ironically the best way to bring decency and morality to the nation.

Eventually, because the president is upset that you're not using your largely ceremonial powers to break institutional conventions and try to reverse an election for him, he incites his supporters to turn on you, and a mob of people, some of them carrying zip-ties and IEDs, come storm your workplace, chanting that they intend to hang you from the nearest tree.

You took this position as a stepping stone toward later running for president yourself. Now, you're radioactive to the political mainstream for being complicit in a fascist's regime, and even that fascist's own base despises you because it thinks that you are a traitor for not being complicit enough. Your political career is over, and everyone hates you.

Even though the religious right will use rationalizations to contradict several of their religion's teachings while shoving fundamentalism down the throats of others, you have to think that these guys have a sincere belief in their god and their scriptures on some level. And if Pence sincerely believes in anything he preaches, he should be praying for his god's forgiveness right now, because he sold out everything he believes in for a modicum of power, and severely damaged the democratic institutions of the country that he thinks his god uniquely favours in the process.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:08 PM   #1717
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Pence is done. He'll never be president

Old 01-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #1718
Alice
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Can anybody imagine what it's like to be Mike Pence right now? You're an evangelical born-again Christian who wants to bring your nation more in-line with your religious convictions. You become the running mate of a non-establishment candidate who doesn't embody the values of your religion, and even contradicts your party on a couple of key policy issues, maybe rationalizing to yourself that because god works in mysterious ways, he must be working through this unlikely figure to do his will, and that throwing in with Trump is somehow ironically the best way to bring decency and morality to the nation.

Eventually, because the president is upset that you're not using your largely ceremonial powers to break institutional conventions and try to reverse an election for him, he incites his supporters to turn on you, and a mob of people, some of them carrying zip-ties and IEDs, come storm your workplace, chanting that they intend to hang you from the nearest tree.

You took this position as a stepping stone toward later running for president yourself. Now, you're radioactive to the political mainstream for being complicit in a fascist's regime, and even that fascist's own base despises you because it thinks that you are a traitor for not being complicit enough. Your political career is over, and everyone hates you.

Even though the religious right will use rationalizations to contradict several of their religion's teachings while shoving fundamentalism down the throats of others, you have to think that these guys have a sincere belief in their god and their scriptures on some level. And if Pence sincerely believes in anything he preaches, he should be praying for his god's forgiveness right now, because he sold out everything he believes in for a modicum of power, and severely damaged the democratic institutions of the country that he thinks his god uniquely favours in the process.
I don’t know about Pence specifically but it’s my impression that relatively few Americans actually read the Bible. They have it read to them. Their understanding of it comes primarily from their pastor or priest. And in my experience churches don’t tend to cover much of the Bible. They have a very narrow focus on the bits that’s support their ideology and they go over the same handful of stories over and over again. Of course there are exceptions but it seems to me that Americans are generally not coming to informed conclusions based on an independent understanding of the text. They’re just buying into someone else’s interpretation of it. Which interpretation they buy into depends largely on their location and family. I think this is probably true in all of America, but especially so in the places that produce people like Pence and vote for people like Trump.

This is just my interpretation based on personal experience but I’ve seen little to contradict it. I’ve met very few Americans that can competently discuss the Bible. I’ve met more than one person who called themselves a Christian and had never opened it on their own. The person with the most in-depth understanding of the Bible that I’ve ever met wasn’t religious at all. I guess what I’m saying is that you might be overestimating the frequency of genuine conviction among the religious right. And I suspect there’s even less of it among those in positions of power because religion is a valuable tool they can and to a some extent must use to ascend to those positions of power in the first place

Last edited by Alice : 01-10-2021 at 03:00 AM.

Old 01-10-2021, 01:36 AM   #1719
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

The people I know who are most knowledgeable of the (christian) bible are atheists. Many of them tend to have read it much more thoroughly than 99% of christians. I think that reading it critically helps. Most christians never apply critical thinking to their texts.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #1720
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Vice President Mike Pence has not ruled out an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment and wants to preserve the option in case President Donald Trump becomes more unstable, a source close to the vice president says.
The source said there is some concern inside Pence's team that there are risks to invoking the 25th Amendment or even to an impeachment process, as Trump could take some sort of rash action putting the nation at risk.

If only there were a special amendment thing that would prevent him from taking any such rash action.

Old 01-10-2021, 04:56 PM   #1721
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

This is for Took

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 01-10-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:50 PM   #1722
Disco King
Minion of Satan

There's a pro-Trump/anti-mask/anti-lockdown rally in my city today.

Imagine how much of a cuck you have the be to fly the campaign flag of a losing candidate for an office in a country you don't even live in.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #1723
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

sounds like something fuzzy would be quite into.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:00 PM   #1724
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

The March For Fuzzy

Old 01-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #1725
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Fuzzy: "i've got great quality free national health care, good public schools, very low crime rate, high standard of living, a functioning democracy. People all over the world view my country positively and think of me and my fellow citizens as good honest people........ But i'd rather have none of that... Go Trump!!"

Old 01-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #1726
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
There's a pro-Trump/anti-mask/anti-lockdown rally in my city today.

Imagine how much of a cuck you have the be to fly the campaign flag of a losing candidate for an office in a country you don't even live in.
Your country isn't woke till a Q follower liberates a pizza restaurant from a Pedo ring.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #1727
buzzard
Minion of Satan

We're probably giving fuzzy way too much credit to imagine that his thoughts have progressed at all since about April of last year.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:44 PM   #1728
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I'm not saying its a pedo ring. But it's a pedo ring.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #1729
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Your country isn't woke till a Q follower liberates a pizza restaurant from a Pedo ring.
Is this good enough?

Old 01-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #1730
Shallowed
Braindead

https://www.theroot.com/surprise-sur...cou-1846029959

some of those that work forces really do be the same that burn crosses

Old 01-11-2021, 12:18 PM   #1731
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This is for Took

Gold. Have you seen Andy Serkis read Trump tweets?

Old 01-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #1732
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Gold. Have you seen Andy Serkis read Trump tweets?
OMG no. Link please!

Old 01-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #1733
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Didn't Mark Hamill start the thing of "actor reads Trump tweets in supervillain voice?" I remember Josh Brolin doing it next, and me being like, "wtf, purple glove guy doesn't even have an iconic voice, he just talks like Josh Brolin." Purple-suit guy, though, his voice is literally iconic.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:33 PM   #1734
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
OMG no. Link please!
Go to 4 minutes in

https://youtu.be/64mWOoj68qo

Old 01-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #1735
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

his crying is amazing

short compilation of other Trump supporters being arrested or detained at airports last week.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:07 PM   #1736
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
his crying is amazing

short compilation of other Trump supporters being arrested or detained at airports last week.

YAY been lookin for content like this

Old 01-11-2021, 05:42 PM   #1737
buzzard
Minion of Satan

What are those liberal snowflakes whingeing about now?

Old 01-11-2021, 06:30 PM   #1738
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

antifa?

Old 01-12-2021, 02:51 AM   #1739
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 01-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #1740
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Government has deployed 10,000 national guard troops in District of Columbia. I think that is still less than the number of federal troops that were here to beat up Black Lives Matter protesters last summer.

the inauguration is next week and I would love to walk down to the Mall to see it. But I don't trust that someone isn't going to do something stupid that day. And also COVID