Old 07-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #121
cork_soaker
full of longing

and no closing quotation marks

must be symbolic

Old 07-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #122
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
that was a whole word salad of nothing
is wasn’t compleeetely nothing, he did start to offer his excuses

“i didn’t have an easy life, my brother died”, etc.

:eyeroll emoji:

Old 07-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #123
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Ryan Adams apologises for 'mistreating' women

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53306131

Old 07-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #124
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I couldn't even get through the article. sorry bro, don't care. you ruined yourself

Old 07-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #125
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

The fact that he didn't personally apologize to the parties involved and casually mentioned that he has written six albums worth of music during his time away does not bode well. And I was a huge Ryan Adams fan before all this. Just, ugh.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #126
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

That last Jenny Lewis album is so damn good. A shame that this chud's name is all over the credits for it.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:56 PM   #127
Eulogy
huh

I mean she says he was only in the studio for five days.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #128
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I couldn't even get through the article. sorry bro, don't care. you ruined yourself
in three years he'll be raping and recording again

Old 07-07-2020, 04:31 PM   #129
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I mean she says he was only in the studio for five days.
Yeah, I dunno. You look at the liner notes, writing credits etc. it tells a different story.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #130
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

it's almost as if personal wrongdoings have nothing to do with artistic achievements

Old 07-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #131
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Right. It's still a shame. I'd prefer his grubby mitts not be on the music I enjoy.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:40 PM   #132
buzzard
Minion of Satan

This isn't just sowing the seeds ahead of a Lostprophets appreciation thread, is it?

Old 07-08-2020, 06:06 AM   #133
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Nah, just a repeat of that Louis CK conversation a few weeks back that everyone involved clearly enjoyed.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #134
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Whoa - that Daily Mail page where the letter was posted is easily the most ad-riddled page I've ever been on - and I used to come HERE without and ad blocker.

To save you that hassle, here's what he said:

There are no words to express how bad I feel about the ways I've mistreated people throughout my life and career.

All I can say is that I'm sorry. It's that simple. This period of isolation and reflection made me realize that I needed to make significant changes in my life.

I've gotten past the point where I would be apologizing just for the sake of being let off the hook and I know full well that any apology from me probably won't be accepted by those I've hurt.

I get that and I also understand that there's no going back.

To a lot of people this will just seem like the same empty bull***t apology that I've always used when I was called out, and all I can say is, this time it is different.

Having truly realized the harm that I've caused, it wrecked me, and I'm still reeling from the ripples of devastating effects that my actions triggered.

There is no way to convince people that this time is truly different, but this is the albatross that I deserve to carry with me as a result of my actions.

Realizing the consequences of my actions, I took a hard look inwards and sought to find the truth behind them. What pain was I carrying myself that was so poorly and wrongly being projected onto others?

I made a promise to myself that no matter what it took, I would get to the root of these issues and finally start to fix myself so I could be a better friend, a better partner, and a better man overall.

That being said, no amount of growth will ever take away the suffering I had caused. I will never be off the hook and I am fully accountable for my harmful behavior, and will be for my actions moving forward.

In my effort to be a better man, I have fought to get sober, but this time I'm doing it with professional help. Sobriety is a priority in my life, and so is my mental health. These, as I'm learning, go hand in hand.

But I will not bore anyone with stories of my demons or use them to excuse what I've done. I really want to express that I've internalized the importance of self-care and self-work. I'm really trying.

Music is how I lay my soul bare, and in working through this, I have written enough music to fill half a dozen albums.

Some of these songs are angry, many are sad but most of them are about the lessons I've learned over the last few years. Those ones an expression of my deepest remorse.

I hope that the people I've hurt will heal. And I hope that they will find a way to forgive me.

Interesting that this apology came this far afterwards: it seems pretty hollow still, but the fact that he's choosing to do this NOW instead of right afterwards does bode a little bit well in my mind that he means what he's saying.

As was said earlier - yeah, holy crap that last Jenny Lewis album rips. I liked "The Voyager" but the latest one, "On the Line" is just seriously damn good. Sounds like the best elements of my favorite Ryan album (the self titled one) ratcheted up even better and paired with Jenny's awesome voice.

Old 07-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #135
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Right. It's still a shame. I'd prefer his grubby mitts not be on the music I enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Nah, just a repeat of that Louis CK conversation a few weeks back that everyone involved clearly enjoyed.
it is similar in that i'm not even really a fan of Adams so i probably just shouldn't have weighed in

Old 07-11-2020, 07:30 PM   #136
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Interesting that this apology came this far afterwards: it seems pretty hollow still, but the fact that he's choosing to do this NOW instead of right afterwards does bode a little bit well in my mind that he means what he's saying.
Or that he needs to get it out of the way before he releases the first of those half-dozen albums.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:21 AM   #137
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Or that he needs to get it out of the way before he releases the first of those half-dozen albums.
Probably more likely than my theory, yeah... good point.

In related news: same day as I was cruising this thread the other day, I was in an Urban Outfitters and found a copy of the latest Jenny Lewis on vinyl for $6, so that was p radical and def a sine!