Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2021, 06:02 PM   #31
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

I guess it's up on Amazon Prime streaming now? I've only ever seen the shitty rip on YouTube and I have to imagine Bezos put up a better version. Not sure if that would improve or detract from the experience, honestly

Old 11-11-2021, 02:43 PM   #32
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Jonathan Creek is lit af, y’all.

Old 11-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #33
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Jonathan Creek is lit af, y’all.
What is this shit it looks like it should be called "If Frodo was a real person size and The Shire was real"

Old 11-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #34
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i don't understand BBC tv series that have 5 seasons over 20 years. WTF? Like you have to wait 5 years between new episodes?

Old 11-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #35
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

That sounds pretty fucked, yeah. What's an example or two? I've probably seen some and don't realize it 'cause it's all just streaming for me.

Not a detective show, but I find Gardener's World very serene. I don't really know what I'm doing in the garden, and half the advice is inapplicable because the English and American climates are so disparate, and they keep talking about horticultural grit which doesn't fucking exist over here, but just watching Monty Don explain how to cut hydrangea back so it grows bigger next year or something is just, like, so calming. Also love his dogs. RIP Nigel.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:09 PM   #36
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Jonathan Creek includes 5 "seasons" which are each 4 or 5 episodes long. Plus there are six one episode "specials". The three seasons aired between 1997 and 2000. The other seasons aired in 2004 and 2014. And the 6 special episodes aired over the span of 2 decades, with the last one in 2019.

BBC is way less consistent with TV seasons than US network TV. They air it when they air it.

I'm watching a German show called "Der Usedom-Krimi", which In the UK I think was released under the name "Baltic Crimes". And here in the USA is called "Nordic Murders". These English names don't make a lot of sense.

After watching a few episodes I started to notice that the show was kind of uneven. The lead character was wearing a wig in one episode, then no wig in the next. Time seemed to jump weirdly. People looked much older between seasons. I looked up the show to find that it's a series of 16 Television movies released over the past 7 years. It's not actually a TV series..

Imagine if Murder She Wrote was a 90 min episode 3 times per year instead of the Decade long weekly ratings bonanza that it actually was... That's Der Usedom-Krimi

Old 11-11-2021, 08:40 PM   #37
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I suspect that the British aren't quite as inclined to treat shows as intellectual properties to mercilessly wring cash from until the profitability equation tells them to cancel.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:45 AM   #38
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I suspect that the British aren't quite as inclined to treat shows as intellectual properties to mercilessly wring cash from until the profitability equation tells them to cancel.
UK Office v US Office.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #39
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

US

Ruck Ricky Gervais