Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #91
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's funny that jimmy won't touch billy

Old 12-02-2022, 03:24 PM   #92
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Yeah Maynard seems like a creep. But I’ve never heard anything bad about Billy Howerdel. He seems like a cool dude who is all about the music.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #93
absof
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Yeah Maynard seems like a creep. But I’ve never heard anything bad about Billy Howerdel. He seems like a cool dude who is all about the music.
Why does Maynard seem like a creep? Is it the way he acts or looks or something else?

Old 12-02-2022, 04:17 PM   #94
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by absof View Post
Why does Maynard seem like a creep? Is it the way he acts or looks or something else?
There were allegations made against him in 2018 but I don’t think they were proven. But what the person said sounded believable.

This quote from his book is creepy:

“My biggest concern was to get laid. My priority was to be validated, to be desired. This was my ticket to undo all of the dismissive behavior from family and teachers and the army of people that had ignored my potential. It was my chance to have somebody who I didn’t even know and who didn’t even know me give me everything in a moment, without question. Just surrender. I’d never had that. That power was new.”

Old 12-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #95
absof
Demi-God

Thanks for the reply.

I wondered whether it was based on something or just a ‘feeling’

Old 12-02-2022, 05:53 PM   #96
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
There were allegations made against him in 2018 but I don’t think they were proven. But what the person said sounded believable.

This quote from his book is creepy:

“My biggest concern was to get laid. My priority was to be validated, to be desired. This was my ticket to undo all of the dismissive behavior from family and teachers and the army of people that had ignored my potential. It was my chance to have somebody who I didn’t even know and who didn’t even know me give me everything in a moment, without question. Just surrender. I’d never had that. That power was new.”
Woah that’s a slippery slope there huh

Old 12-02-2022, 06:35 PM   #97
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Fucken zwan, damn i miss that band

That fox news bit, just listen to jim chimbs, talking how everyone in the band could write a song and anyone could bring it in and etc and man oh man. After the supreme disappointment of turning into an SP nut just as the breakup was happening (missed the last chance to see them since i was so invested in my dads doomsday cult at that point that i couldnt dare express open admiration for a band he deemed as severely satanic) it was so, so exciting to me that big willie and jim chimbs were back and doing music seemingly without any kind of boundaries, but in general just some of the best guitar/drum music i still have ever heard, i mean, A NEW POETRY

A NEW POETRY, MAN

Fuck! and then big willie had to call it off. That was the beginning of when i started to go "...hmmm u know maybe billy corgan isn't like, the smartest or best artist ever?"

Old 12-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #98
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Actually, it happened before that, when the album came out. And it was like i'd been spinning my Blue Note bootleg, and then i heard "Honeslty," and i went. "Huh. That doesn't sound at all like this zwan band, does it?" And then i thought oh ok it looks like they at least put some of the good ones on there, and it came out and i thought...hmm.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:41 PM   #99
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

In my opinion they never needed Paz. They should have stayed a four piece with Pajo on bass. They probably would’ve stayed together longer. She added tons of drama to the band with everyone fighting over her and that ultimately led to their demise. It didn’t help that Billy made the album sound like Christian rock either.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #100
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Paz was cool for selling the band but MSOTS the album killed them stone dead.
It was further evidence of Billy’s disconnect with his own material, the market and reality in general.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #101
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
In my opinion they never needed Paz. They should have stayed a four piece with Pajo on bass. They probably would’ve stayed together longer. She added tons of drama to the band with everyone fighting over her and that ultimately led to their demise.
I know, man, it's like you let girls in the army and the men just fight over them instead of doing their job and killing the enemy, they can't help it, it's not their fault

Old 12-02-2022, 07:03 PM   #102
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

This country used to STAND for something, man

Old 12-02-2022, 07:06 PM   #103
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Angry

Shit I bet this uppity broad didn't make little meals for the boys at the rehearsals, not once, not fucking once

Old 12-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #104
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
This country used to STAND for something, man
And now it sits to pee.

Pathetic.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #105
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote: