Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face Breaking NHL News. Forsberg to Nashville

possibly

Predators acquire Forsberg
TheFourthPeriod.com

TFP has confirmed that the Philadelphia Flyers have traded Peter Forsberg to the Nashville Predators for forward Scottie Upshall, defenseman Ryan Parent, a first-round draft pick and a third-round draft pick.
Forsberg was a healthy scratch for tonight's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs and the NHL is expected to accept the trade and make it official at approximately 7:40pm ET.

A source with knowledge of the situation told TFP Thursday evening that Forsberg met with Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider this morning to further discuss the captain's future with the team.

Forsberg, 33, apparently had some time to notify the Flyers whether or not he is willing to waive his no-trade clause.

In 40 games with the Flyers this season, Forsberg has picked up 11 goals and 29 assists.
The native of Ornskoldsvik, Sweden has played in 640 career NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche/Quebec Nordiques and Flyers, and has accumulated 246 goals, 610 assists and 662 penalty minutes. He was originally drafted sixth-overall by the Flyers in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft.

Upshall, has played in 14 games witht the Predators this season and has notched two goals and one assist.

In 77 career NHL games, Upshall has accumulated 11 goals, 18 assists and 52 penalty minutes. He was originally drafted sixth-overall by the Predators in the 2002 draft.

Parent, 19, was drafted 18th overall by the Predators in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

...T Bay, then Carolina, now possibly Nashville as Cup Champion. When will the horror end?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
neopryn
let's see your penis!

wow, i'm glad the Pens played them before this. if he can stay healthy they're the big favorite I'd say, at least from the West.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Forsberg is damaged goods. Wings will beat them for the division, San Jose will knock them out in the first round.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
neopryn
let's see your penis!

Sharks are ass. Wings, Canucks, and Flames could take the Predators.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

This is a monumental gamble on the part of Nashville. They're giving up quite alot for an injury prone rental player. It could put them over the edge, but of the eight West teams in the playoff picture there are some tough phsyical teams and none of them are pushovers.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Mood ring
Banned

doesn't seem like Nashville gave up much to get him...rumours had the Sharks giving Cheechoo and Nabokov and a pick for Forsberg, which I didn't want to see happen for the Sharkies.

who are not ass btw, neopryn. give me a break on those Canadien teams...

anyway, it's all about matchups in the playoffs and the pesky Predators will get better if this trade happens.

I'd love to get Bill Geurin from the Blues for the Sharks...and a quality Defensemen, but everyone wants that before the trade deadline.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
neopryn
let's see your penis!

Kiprusoff carried the Flames to the finals before, he can do it again.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
Mood ring
Banned

the Flames? without Sutter as coach, they don't have the moxy.

Sharks got worked by the Pred's last night 5-0 after beating the Blues 6-5 the night before...so they're 2-1 now on their longest road trip of the season.

they're 1 point behind the Ducks for first in the Pacific and just 3 ahead of the Stars, who they play on NBC this Sunday...so, if you got the time, check out the Sharks this weekend.

they got enough to deal with in their own division at the moment.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #9
neopryn
let's see your penis!

i'm gonna be watching the Pens/Caps on NBC. i actually haven't seen the Sharks more than twice this year so I don't really know what I'm talking about. they're probably better than the Ducks.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #10
Mood ring
Banned

Sharks at times this year have looked like the best team in Hockey...they have that kinda game to them, but their off nights are quite horrid.

Ducks were what to start this year...25-4 or some such record...it was ridiculous and the Sharks were playing well and were 12 points behind at one point.

With Pronger and Neidemeyer on their D-line, it gives that whole team a lot of confidence. Once Pronger got hurt, they've been knocked off their steamroll and are feeling the pressure now from the Stars and Sharks.

the Flames...yes, I remember all too well former Sharks coach Darryl Sutter and Kipper working the Sharks in the Conference finals that year. Iginlia was the difference, totally outplaying Patrick Marleau...that series gave the Sharks the impetus to trade for Joe Thornton last year.