Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2015, 10:48 PM   #151
fuzzyroes
Banned

lol sadly you're kinda right trotsky. My focus has shifted from music to sports wagering to a large extent in the past 5 years

Old 05-13-2015, 10:49 PM   #152
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

do you think fuzzy has a personality disorder? isnt that usually what causes tenhous grip on reality, inconsistent logic/standards and above all delusions of grandeur?

Old 05-13-2015, 10:50 PM   #153
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
lol sadly you're kinda right trotsky. My focus has shifted from music to sports wagering to a large extent in the past 5 years
groan

Old 05-13-2015, 10:50 PM   #154
fuzzyroes
Banned

once I turned 25 it was pretty clear that the chances of having a living off of music all relied on what family members you shared and who you can schmooze on up to to make you famous.

The music industry is in shambles and is dead...No reason to really work my ass off all day long in hopes that I can make a living off of music when theres no chance of it even if I am at the top of my game.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #155
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
Also Gotye may have only had one big hit in the states but he's been a massive staple of "alternative"/college radio here for years now. Also I think you're confusing hitting the end of an album cycle with dropping out of favour
yeah, sure, we'll see if Gotye will return to the charts with his next release... My guess is NO

Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #156
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
do you think fuzzy has a personality disorder? isnt that usually what causes tenhous grip on reality, inconsistent logic/standards and above all delusions of grandeur?
ahhh another office chair MD... Nice to hear your diagnosis Trotsky

Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #157
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
possibly just low iq or even mild intellectual disability with some personality disorder traits. i think it's mostly Dunning-Kruger effect on a globalized scale, as in most aspects of his life. i think autism spectrum is possible too but he seems oddly social for that. really i don't know but my wager would be primarily intellectual disability or sub-clinical low iq

no offense fuzzball

Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #158
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm really surprised to see you of all people give me some superficial psychiatric evaluation.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #159
fuzzyroes
Banned

as if you even have the slightest clue as to what you're babbling about aside from your own personal evaluations

Old 05-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #160
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
I'm really surprised to see you of all people give me some superficial psychiatric evaluation.
Almost leads you to wonder if you're behaving like an awful prat doesn't it?

Old 05-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #161
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
generally i refrain from doing such a thing, that's true. in your case you are a bit of an oddity and it's fun to think about

just a layman's opinion who has an above average grasp of psychology. nothing more, not meant to mean anything more than that.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #162
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

People might be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on occasion if you hadn't displayed such a comprehensive unwillingness to concede that you're wrong from time to time, even in the face of demonstrable evidence to the contrary of your position.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #163
fuzzyroes
Banned

well Reprise has always struck me as an open minded woman who's recognized the vast universe as far as psychiatric and mental inference can go and for her to start flapping her gums off the tee about what she feels I succumb to is a little perplexing

Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #164
fuzzyroes
Banned

really the only mental disorder I've ever had was OCD tendancies... which I've learned to control and minimize in adulthood, So I guess I am a bit of a mental fuck up, but I always have to laugh when people start throwing around autistic claims and shit like that

Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #165
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Do you understand that people just don't go accusing you of being mentally ill because we're all just arseholes and we want to pick on you, right?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #166
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
well Reprise has always struck me as an open minded woman who's recognized the vast universe as far as psychiatric and mental inference can go and for her to start flapping her gums off the tee about what she feels I succumb to is a little perplexing
i didn't say you succumb to anything. i am an open minded person. your diagnosis or lack thereof does not define you, no matter what it is (or isn't)

Old 05-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #167
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
People might be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on occasion if you hadn't displayed such a comprehensive unwillingness to concede that you're wrong from time to time, even in the face of demonstrable evidence to the contrary of your position.
I'm very passionate and outspoken about music. It's my main passion really. So it's hard for me to refrain when people prop up some "of the moment mainstream" act that'll fizzle out after the hit single fades from the charts.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #168
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
really the only mental disorder I've ever had was OCD tendancies... which I've learned to control and minimize in adulthood, So I guess I am a bit of a mental fuck up, but I always have to laugh when people start throwing around autistic claims and shit like that
your behavior on this board is abnormal. i dont think you are autistic though, as i said. you seem to have the mentality of about a 16 year old (that might be a little generous, even). maybe that's a good thing. i don't know. just my observation.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #169
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

It's actually based on an observable pattern of behaviours yknow.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #170
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
I'm very passionate and outspoken about music. It's my main passion really. So it's hard for me to refrain when people prop up some "of the moment mainstream" act that'll fizzle out after the hit single fades from the charts.
It's not about "refraining", it's about engaging with the things other people are saying to you instead of just reflexively going "lol yeah thats a good one but no you are all sheep lolololol"

Old 05-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #171
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Do you understand that people just don't go accusing you of being mentally ill because we're all just arseholes and we want to pick on you, right?
Yes, it's cause some of you are pretentious, unaware snobs who think that you have any sort of psychiatry knowledge to the extent of actually handing out diagnoses to people.

I mean, it's gotta be hilarious to anyone with a sense of awareness.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #172
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

You're a manchild

Old 05-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #173
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
your behavior on this board is abnormal. i dont think you are autistic though, as i said. you seem to have the mentality of about a 16 year old (that might be a little generous, even). maybe that's a good thing. i don't know. just my observation.
I could easily say the same about you... You don't seem to have any of the ordinary attributes associated with adulthood. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #174
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
see, regardless of if Hozier ever has another hit song, he has a great album and i will continue to like him and probably his future work. i dont care if he is popular or not. he is a good songwriter with poignant lyrics and seems like a good person who i can relate to.

i dont give a fuck that he's popular except that it affords him the ability to tour so i can see him live.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #175
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I could easily say the same about you... You don't seem to have any of the ordinary attributes associated with adulthood. Pot calling the kettle black much?
I'm going to refrain from getting into this with you out of respect.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:08 PM   #176
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
You're a manchild
Thank you... And you're the bitter, grumpy old man yelling about kids accidentally stepping on his grass

Old 05-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #177
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Okay now you can just go fuck yourself.

Reprise has been through huge trauma, has fought hard to return to some semblance of "normality", and on top of that has counselled more netphorians through their own struggles than you could imagine. She's a deeply self-aware, caring, and strong human being and you ought to show her a little respect.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #178
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

being an adult is pretty cool really.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #179
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

What've you ever achieved? Dropped out of high school, played awful riffs in some shitty punk bands, gave up on yourself and now you gamble for a living.

edit: @fuzzy, duh

Old 05-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #180
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I'm going to refrain from getting into this with you out of respect.
well, it seems from my perspective that we're both pretty much in the same boat as far as life successes go. We're both losers nearing 30 working shit jobs, living in a modest home, no immediate family of our own.

If I have the intelligence of a 16 year old it must be pretty sad for you to be in the same shoes as mine.