Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2015, 02:10 AM   #301
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Can you just fucking acknowledge that you don't have all the answers to all the questions, that you're not actually some genius authority with broad and diverse tastes, and that some things just aren't your cup of tea?

*WITHOUT* saying that it's all shit?

Old 05-14-2015, 02:10 AM   #302
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
But if you don't understand something or you don't know anything about it, how about you just acknowledge that it's not for you and just back the fuck away from talking about it rather than needing to convince other people that they're stupid for liking it in the first place.
I do know about it though. I don't criticize anything unless I listen to it all and give it a fair chance.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:12 AM   #303
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

But it's really very apparent that there's some stuff - like DJing and rap music - that you demonstrably don't have a fucking clue about that you're happy to pass judgement on anyway.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:13 AM   #304
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

And even then if you do know about it and you don't like it can't you just leave your assessment at "I don't like this"

Old 05-14-2015, 02:13 AM   #305
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Here watch i'll do it in your thread. Watch this.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:13 AM   #306
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
But don't be telling me that DJing is "sad" when you clearly don't understand or appreciate the culture, probably for the most part because you've never actually been exposed to it. Because that's not about stating how you feel about it, it's about trying to make other people look bad or feel stupid for feeling differently to you.
I was just trolling you at that point cause you were pissing me off. I actually used to be into the rave culture a bit and had a lot of awesome times in it. The music wasn't my cup of tea, but I must admit, once I got into it- it helped elevate the mood.

I do think good electronica is probably the future. My hope is that the artists that make the music will learn to incorporate guitars with it and make some cool hybrid...

What I think is lame is jsut people playing other peoples music... Sure it provides a need... Any good party needs music. But it's not some skill that should be championed. People should make their own music as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:18 AM   #307
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
But don't be telling me that DJing is "sad" when you clearly don't understand or appreciate the culture
my biggest problem with this is the total lack of self awareness

"BRO, THAT'S FUCKIN SAD."

Old 05-14-2015, 02:19 AM   #308
Trotskilicious
Banned

NOT LIKE ME, COOL GUY MCGEE WHO IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING AT SPORTS BETTING

Old 05-14-2015, 02:20 AM   #309
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm gonna post a nice pick in the next day or so. Everyone throws that haggard one in my face all of the time

Old 05-14-2015, 02:22 AM   #310
Trotskilicious
Banned

that is the most honest picture tho

Old 05-14-2015, 02:38 AM   #311
fuzzyroes
Banned

it was like 6 in the morning after I worked 10 hours and had been blazing and drinking for 5 hours lol

Old 05-14-2015, 03:14 AM   #312
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

exactly

Old 05-14-2015, 03:15 AM   #313
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

in any case, what is your obsession with people needing to "make their own music" when that's not even their goal or desire or whatever, there's already enough shit-heads polluting the musical airstream with lame garbage as it is, why not add to it?

Old 05-14-2015, 03:19 AM   #314
fuzzyroes
Banned

if you don't wanna make music, that's fine... But don't act like your some kinda artist if you're just uploading someone elses music on a flash drive and then plugging it into a laptop with your system at some club.

Any old jackass can pick music that'll play in a party atmosphere, it's not something that should be payed for.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:49 AM   #315
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think johnny made his own music also but he gets paid to plug in his magicjack into someone's butt at a rave and play other people's stuff so you're just jealous

Old 05-14-2015, 04:32 AM   #316
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Yeah I produce my own electronic stuff, just started playing bass in a thrash/grind band, I'm writing for my new band where I'm playing guitar and singing. And I'm producing/engineering a friends solo album.

And I just sold two beats to a hip hop label.

So yeah I'm doing more creatively than you are fuzz

Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 AM   #317
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Like DJing is literally a hobby. It just happens to pay more than your job does.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:47 AM   #318
Trotskilicious
Banned

hey shut up

Old 05-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #319
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

thing is fuzzy - yes they play Hozier at the mall. yes the (American) masses love it.

but it wasn't some major label plot - guy got lucky, is all.
the album was released on some Dublin indie label - after the Church song got so popular that he got a chance to shit out an album. The guy was living in his parents' attic on some isolated Irish countryside.
and now he does what everyone in his shoes would do - ride the wave.

as for you being a better guitarist - you do realize he is a blues guitarist, right?
and second, a trained choral singer, guy has been on stages since he was 8.

tldr SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY. you complain when people come in your hairmetal
nofx whatever threads just to tell you that you have hilarious infantile taste.
but what exactly are you doing in a thread of a musician you don't like?
stating that you are 10x better than a blues guitarist. jesus christ, have some self awareness. you act like a 13 year old delusional asswipe.

A simple "I hate this stuff, not my thing" would have been enough, but no, you have to embarrass yourself and annoy everyone else with 20 posts why xy sucks.

just trying to help you out maaaaan, maybe you have enough self awareness left that you can start to see why your posting style is annoying as hell to some people on this board.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #320
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lol i have awareness- and I realize I'm an opinionated asshole... Not trying to say I'm not.. Theres just at times that lame music pisses me off and I'm always very argumentative about it.

I just hate reading "reporters" rant and rave about some unoriginal musician... Yes, I have no grounds on which to spout on about it, and as Johnny pointed out: It's simply an opinion. But I find Hozier to be about as safe and generic as it gets- so when the good brethren at Netphoria discuss loving such music- I just have to chime in.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #321
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I produce my own electronic stuff, just started playing bass in a thrash/grind band, I'm writing for my new band where I'm playing guitar and singing. And I'm producing/engineering a friends solo album.

And I just sold two beats to a hip hop label.

So yeah I'm doing more creatively than you are fuzz
That's cool man. I respect your passion and love for music- I'm the same way.

It just sometimes seems to me that you try and come across as though you're a holier than thou music fan just because you partake in some electronica stuff. Like you'll argue about music and constantly remind everyone that you're cutting edge because you're into the club scene or something.

I'd probably do the same thing, not hating on you for it man... But that's the reason why I poke fun at you for it.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:14 PM   #322
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

No I act holier than YOU because you're an ignorant fuckwit who acts like an authority on music despite the fact that you clearly only listen to a very easy, narrow band of popular music, and then you talk down to me for being a DJ cause you think it's "sad". Go fuck yourself you stupid cunt.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:29 PM   #323
fuzzyroes
Banned

I fuck myself every night. I call "her" Palmella Handerson lol

Old 05-15-2015, 01:31 AM   #324
fuzzyroes
Banned

exactly Poots. Theres some pop hits that I just can't help but like... But every now and again theres a song like Pharell Wiliams' Happy and I just find no redeeming qualities in it at all. I put Take Me To Church in that same category.