Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #541
charade
Pledge

his eyes became really sad... he suffers on depression I`m for sure.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #542
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
the old dreams are dead, and now my life becomes more a trudge of survival, and in some messed up way, as long as I keep working I am o.k….there is a part of me that does not want it to end, because I am afraid of what is waiting for me on the other side…

Old 04-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #543
slunky_munky
Demi-God

Didn't Billy often dismiss questions about Darcy's departure by saying that whatever her faults or circumstances around her leaving, she deserved respect for the years she put into the Pumpkins?

Yet he turns on Jimmy and James when, whatever their faults, they've treated Billy with the same respect in the media as he treats Darcy.

For someone who gloats about playing/writing everything he hasn't been able to stand on his own yet. They all gave him the best years of his musical life and he doesn't have that talent or ability anymore to pull himself out of the rut he's been in for years.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #544
hnibos
Braindead

ill always love you billy

Old 04-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #545
pineapple*soul
Ownz

Quote:
Dressed in long, shiny robes, Corgan played sets that were nearly four hours long, padded by a 25-minute cover of Pink Floyd's "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun," spiced with electronic bird calls. Fans walked out as Corgan berated them from the stage. "It was like burning a bridge, and I'm really good at burning bridges," Corgan says, smiling. "It was crazy - violent like I haven't seen in a long time. The dialogues with fans, they got contentious."

Chamberlin is sober now, but Corgan is convinced that his character hasn't changed, that he is fundamentally "unhealthy."
"Jimmy is a destructive human being, and people who are destructive break things,"
Anyone else see the irony here?
He smiles and indulges in his own violent and destructive tendencies, but fires the most talented, steadfast and loyal friend he ever has had for being a "destructive human being."

Billy is fucking tapped

Old 04-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #546
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

leave the man alone

Old 04-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #547
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple*soul View Post
He smiles and indulges in his own violent and destructive tendencies, but fires the most talented, steadfast and loyal friend he ever has had for being a "destructive human being."

Billy is fucking tapped
I still can't believe what he said in that interview about Jimmy, the other crap I could kind of see coming but that part about Jimmy was completely illogical. I'm amazed that Billy seemed to be dumbfounded that Jimmy would have let out 20 years worth of pent up insults after being treated like that. Sure, Jimmy made mistakes in the past but Billy truly does not realize how difficult, unfair, and demanding he can be. Jimmy stuck up for him after the zwan fiasco and constantly had his back when it came to Billy insulting James and D'arcy too. He was always so supportive of him and always said the kindest things about him. Billy's reasoning was just so twisted, cruel, and nonsensical. I don't think he is even aware of his own hypocrisy, you just don't make statements like that and can be all there.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #548
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple*soul View Post

Billy is fucking tapped
I've said it once and I'll say it again... classic Projection. Billy does it ALL the time. The man simply can't take responsibility for his own bull shit.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:15 AM   #549
rub_the_y
Demi-God

Billy was at the height of his career when he was playing in shitty bars with Zwan. None of this voss bullshit and tabloid expose.. just on the way to making good music, looking respectable and not too outlandish or moronic, and not being an unreasonable dick to people. The only time he's ever really had any shred of humility is when he had no money, and that's only because he knew people weren't going to tolerate his crap if he didn't have the fame and fortune to back it up. He's frightfully lucky now that he even has any fans left at all, especially after having to see all of this trainwreck tabloid bullshit that we've seen lately.

And Jessica Simpson having a $300 million dollar empire.. the only reason i can't see Billy marrying her is if she made him sign an ironclad prenup. As if anyone isn't going to want a crack at that amount of money.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #550
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub_the_y View Post
And Jessica Simpson having a $300 million dollar empire.. the only reason i can't see Billy marrying her is if she made him sign an ironclad prenup.
so we are only a Las Vegas weekend and quickie divorce away from billy maybe hiring a good producer.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #551
Twat Vomit
Pledge

I love how Billy takes credit for all the good things to come from SP and blames all the bullshit on everyone else. He's so fucking stupid it's incredible. If the man had an ounce of self-awareness he could MAYBE, POSSIBLY, still have a career today. Does he truly not realize that every time he opens his mouth he alienates more people and digs himself deeper into his own fucking garbage hole? Maybe his self-involvement was tolerated and seen as a novelty back when he was still relevant to the music and pop culture world, but now it's just cause for people to gawk at a fucking aging freak show and discuss how pathetic his decade-long midlife crisis is getting. He behaves like a drug addict.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #552
Lobster
Pledge

Has Billy ever been diagnosed with any personality disorders, like borderline?

Old 04-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #553
Lobster
Pledge

I'm sorry if my reply was too intelligent for you.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #554
DaveKShape
Ownz

i think it's hilarious that he's kicked everyone from the past out of his life, because now we get to see who gets to be the target of the next round of the blame game. kerry brown? byrne? linda strawberry? oh, the possibilities!

Old 04-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #555
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Kerry Brown is from the past

Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #556
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy is getting worse and worse. He used to talk shit back in the 90s but you forgave him because he was hitting the spot musically and he was keeping himself in check. Now he's missing the ball every time and flinging insults about at everyone who's not a loyal sycophant. I expect Jimmy probably did go off at him and no bloody wonder.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #557
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

I've been thinking the same thing as of late as I listen to bits and pieces of the last 20 years. He's been blaming for too long and never taking any responsibility for anything. As someone said above, just wait till there's no more band members left from the past (Kerry doesn't count, fewls) to blame, and we'll see where we go from there.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #558
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Motherfuckin' BUMP.

Thought this thread needed to be brought back up due to the revelation that Jimmy's son has Juvenile Myositis.

http://forums.netphoria.org/smashing...d-disease.html

With this new information just coming out, I don't think it's too far of a stretch that Jimmy actually left the band (instead of being "fired" like Billy has claimed) to spend time and take care of his sick kid.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #559
paranoid
Minion of Satan

maybe billy viewed jimmy putting his son first and not sp first was the act of a fundamentally destructive human being?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #560
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Cut that little child inside of me and such a part of you...