Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default Will Trump Keep In President?

Predict how America ends!

I say Biden wins by 10-15 million votes (which doesn't mean much if he doesn't win majority of Electors). But Trump's party uses Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida state legislatures (which they control due to radical gerrymandering) to throw out Biden win and instead send Trump electors to the Electoral College. Several states will have inconclusive vote totals (because mail in ballots are lost or delayed) and Trump will proclaim them all to be fraud.

Second prediction is that Barr will order the arrest of Biden and maybe Obama and Hillary in October in hopes of turning voters back to Trump. None of them will stay in Jail. But it will wreak havoc in the days leading up to the election.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 08-14-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I personally hope trump does not get "re-elected" but he does have his fans out there.

(Thanks to the You Might Be A Covidiot... Part 2 thread on ts.com)

Old 08-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

cool

Old 08-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Honestly it changes very little if Trump wins or loses. The real damage he has done with the rise of trumpism and emboldening hate groups is still gonna affect the US for the foreseeable future. Biden winning is not the vanquishing of evil some claim it to be but a return to an old failed style of politics. Compromising instead of fighting for sensible policies.

In the 4 years of Trump no lessons were learned by american liberals. They simply upped their performative allyship with no real substance behind it.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Unfortunately, the innate cynicism of politics will more or less guarantee that the "successful" aspects of the Trump era will likely live on regardless and I imagine that this would at the very least come in the form of populism in general and a communication style more akin to marketing in the internet age than any roll-out of policy.

While I have tended towards viewing Trump himself as more the symptom of a problem than anything else, his loss would at least signal to the ambitious Machiavellian that better vetting their celebrity and/or provocateur candidate will form a crucial aspect of any long-term strategy — where this one has quite evidently been impossible to keep on-track and now frequently takes inexplicably stupid bites from the hand that feeds. Marjorie Taylor Greene in Georgia, for example, is currently considered a major headache for Republicans in the House of Representatives quite specifically because of her mirroring Trumpism at a time when it is viewed as a threat to maintaining the power it had seized for the right four years ago. Were the Donald himself riding a wave of popularity and cruising towards a likely victory, gun-themed restaurant owners peddling conspiracy theories and run-of-the-mill xenophobia might be beating neurosurgeons in primaries throughout the entire country ahead of November.

P.S. Remember me if, someday, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is elected president under the banner of whichever party circumstances demand.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:43 AM   #6
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I am absolutely certain that it is fairly probable, I think.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:50 AM   #7
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Honestly it changes very little if Trump wins or loses. The real damage he has done with the rise of trumpism and emboldening hate groups is still gonna affect the US for the foreseeable future. Biden winning is not the vanquishing of evil some claim it to be but a return to an old failed style of politics. Compromising instead of fighting for sensible policies.

In the 4 years of Trump no lessons were learned by american liberals. They simply upped their performative allyship with no real substance behind it.
100%

Old 08-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #8
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

rbg is one of those performative liberals, which is why he seems to be shaming people who either won't vote for biden or are critical of him because yes that is true. and compromising in this situation will have disproportionate impact; it's a luxury for the largely unaffected to get to vote without those consequences in mind (and a certain kind even have the nerve to say if one cared about "minorities" like they do, then one would vote how they do without question even though voting Biden and a liberal cop in is going to be oppressive, but with feigned sympathy this time).

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-15-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #9
ovary
Ownz

biden is better than trump, so you should vote for biden. it's not rocket science people. yall are too woke for your own good.

yall want to talk about liberal performativity, maybe you should look in the mirror while you're spouting off this "biden is as bad as trump" fuckin nonsense. get a grip.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

If Trump "wins" there will be extreme unrest. People aren't just going to stand for it. If he loses, there still might be. But I don't believe there's any way he wins the electoral college (obv not the popular vote), even with fucking the post office.

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-15-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #11
ovary
Ownz

i also don't get the civil war predictions. who would these factions be? what politician can you imagine calling people to arms? like what would this look like? i feel like americans are way too unhealthy anf lazy and addicted to luxury to voluntarily endure the ultimate hardship of war.

like i can see violent protests across cities and the national guard coming to put it down but i do not see those protests organizing into an actual militia. antifa, for instance, is not organized at all.

Old 08-15-2020, 11:27 AM   #12
yo soy el mejor

damn, ovary. ya ol' bonehead

i never said i wasn't voting for biden. someone else did. but motherfuckers like you can't even stand to think about the ways in which biden and harris are problematic. makes it easier to pretend you're doing something 'helpful', i suppose. the inherently racist and sexist bills they made and supported (that don't impact you), things they did and didn't do, and biden's sexual assault allegations at least make them no better than trump.

i'm not going let myself pretend voting for biden should be celebrated-especially when the DNC shoved him down our throat. he shouldn't even be the nominee-it was rigged for him for reasons you can imagine. white people like you only want to support "minorities" on your terms and you certainly don't want to hear about concerns for their livelihood because they're not your concerns. and then you've got the audacity to tell them to forget about those concerns-don't even bring them up. that's not even performative. that's just ignorant and hypocritical.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #13
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So wait, we're not arguing about whether or not Americans should vote for Biden, but about how much enthusiasm they should exude while doing so?

Old 08-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #14
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Shout out to people who expect fascism and racism to die in America but aren’t willing to do a single thing about it in November for symbolic reasons. Poor people really appreciate the gesture, while being chained to their work in Covid America.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #15
yo soy el mejor

not quite, dk. keep up, keep up.

Old 08-15-2020, 03:38 PM   #16
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i never said i wasn't voting for biden
clearly

Old 08-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #17
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
clearly
therein lies the problem. even white people who don't live in this country refuse to be critical of the democratic nominee and how he became the nominee. it's pathetic and insulting that these are the options. on one side you have an alleged sexual assaulter who is clearly racist and his milquetoast racist running mate mike pence and on the other another old white man also accused of sexual assault who perpetuates white supremacy and his cop running mate

biden isn't worse than trump, sure, but he sure as shit isn't better. honkies get the luxury of getting to put all their faith in biden/harris because their punitive measures haven't and won't impact them. black and brown people are essentially having to opt for the less oppressive oppressor and those who refuse to pick between them or even criticize the one of "lesser evil" get honkies insisting they don't care about other "minorities". i mean, you need to look in the mirror at that point and check your privilege and figure some shit out

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-15-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Old 08-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #18
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Shout out to people who expect fascism and racism to die in America but aren’t willing to do a single thing about it in November for symbolic reasons. Poor people really appreciate the gesture, while being chained to their work in Covid America.
But muh moral purity >>>> the material wellbeing of real, non-abstract human beings whose lives will be significantly more harmed under Trump than under the lesser of evils.

It's not like one can vote as a form of harm reduction, and then spend the 1460 days between elections engaging in substantive activism and direct action outside of the electoral system. Nope, voting completely neutralizes that possibility and means you support the establishment.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #19
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Everyone left of center must be extreme left. There’s no middle ground. I won’t compromise, they will.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #20
yo soy el mejor

Old 08-15-2020, 09:07 PM   #21
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
therein lies the problem. even white people who don't live in this country refuse to be critical of the democratic nominee and how he became the nominee. it's pathetic and insulting that these are the options. on one side you have an alleged sexual assaulter who is clearly racist and his milquetoast racist running mate mike pence and on the other another old white man also accused of sexual assault who perpetuates white supremacy and his cop running mate

biden isn't worse than trump, sure, but he sure as shit isn't better. honkies get the luxury of getting to put all their faith in biden/harris because their punitive measures haven't and won't impact them. black and brown people are essentially having to opt for the less oppressive oppressor and those who refuse to pick between them or even criticize the one of "lesser evil" get honkies insisting they don't care about other "minorities". i mean, you need to look in the mirror at that point and check your privilege and figure some shit out
almost everyone on this board is critical of biden/harris and how biden got the nomination though

of course you shouldn't be happy they are the better choice and not a good choice but that doesn't change that they are, yes, better

and it's supremely fucked that we have to chose between a rapist and a probable-rapist - and even if joe isn't a rapist, he's fucking creep-ass motherfucker who clearly has boundary issues with touching people and getting too close. people 'believing' or not the accusers is a pet peeve of mine because some shit either happened or it didn't, and if you don't know you don't get to opine on reality in my fucking view. but that is another subject clearly

don't get me wrong, people on the news and shit are totally saying harris is the new liberal messiah and it's gross and it shouldn't be this way but seeing the differences between shitty candidates is important. at this point i care what they probably will or will not do and yes, one is Better than the other

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-15-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Old 08-15-2020, 09:51 PM   #22
buzzard
Minion of Satan

That's one less vote for Trump with his kid brother officially dead, at least.

Sucks to be the late Bob that suing his niece for being honest was among his last acts in life and for The Don that it's still way too early for this to result in any sympathy votes.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:01 PM   #23
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Now's the time to mercilessly push memes suggesting that Robbie died of coronavirus-related complications, President Xi.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:34 PM   #24
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:

if I would still believe you're being sincere and not just trying to get a reaction troll-style I'd say yes, if you completely ignore everyone who's always said exactly this, or somehow call people who reluctantly vote for Biden now that there's basically no other option 'centrist Biden fans', then yes, excellent point

but you're either a troll (my bet is on this) or you're simply only capable of projecting

Old 08-15-2020, 10:36 PM   #25
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
damn, ovary. ya ol' bonehead

i never said i wasn't voting for biden. someone else did.
Quote:
People like Biden are manufactured and designed to win and I really don't want to show I support that with a vote.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #26
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
bernie isn't dropping out so i'll save the hypothetical for later. did fg and malstaper confuse you because they want to vote for biden over sanders?

Old 08-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #27
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

man i want to live in the US. as my friend YSEM and as I've always said I'm so jealous of your political system! it's just so clearly the best

Old 08-15-2020, 10:53 PM   #28
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

also, guns

say I'd go to whatever gun store, can I just be honest and ask for advice about what gun would be the smartest choice in accomplishing my plans to kill everyone?

Old 08-15-2020, 10:54 PM   #29
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

or should I make it more about "protecting my family, Unreal Tournament style!"

Old 08-15-2020, 10:58 PM   #30
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I just wanna protect a LOT of families!