Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2021, 02:00 AM   #91
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Total Posts: 1,376 (0.25 posts per day)
Find all posts by AveryLoren
Find all threads started by AveryLoren

Old 03-07-2021, 02:00 AM   #92
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Like AvLo, what the fuck that's

Oh wait, join date

Old 03-07-2021, 02:02 AM   #93
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Still though.

Ok. Thanks AvLo, u are indeed here and have given me some chuckles/wiggly feelings in my parts.

But there are others who are also here, all the time. And say nothing. Please come down here and tell me your SP story and your BMI

Old 03-07-2021, 02:09 AM   #94
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Forever?
Sorry somehow i messed up my lil message to u there about your positive reputation that u have here in my mind of hearts, so it was supposed to b this feeling below of how i smile when i read some nice several posts like yours on here:

Old 03-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #95
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

I'll most likely be here till I die or till its shut down. All joking aside I have spent a great part of my life here even if it was in the shadows and people think I'm crazy.

Here's another Avlo tale: I was in college for sound engineering and got to go to these seminar things with famous producers/engineers. I usually just went because of the extra credit and sometimes they would have food. Anyways, I somehow got lost in the auditorium place and was walking down this hallway looking for a way out or to the main area. I see a group of guys and walk up to them. My plan was to ask them how I get to the demonstration session when one of the dudes picks me up like a rag doll and carries me to the exit and throws me outside. I walk around the building, go into the main entrance again and get directions to the session. After a while I noticed that the guy giving the lecture/demo, that had me tossed outside, was Max Martin. The dude that wrote like a million famous pop songs.

Edit: it was a bodyguard guy doing the tossing*

Old 04-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #96
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Caught u lurkin Thatchy Corker

C’mon down let us know what u think of that vocal down zeitgeist at least? Or any SP story

Old 04-05-2021, 02:34 PM   #97
run2pee
Minion of Satan

.....and they left

Old 04-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #98
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Old 04-06-2021, 06:58 AM   #99
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Unhappy

i peer thru curtains on empty streets
behind the wall of caller id

hi

Old 04-06-2021, 07:04 AM   #100
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Sorry somehow i messed up my lil message to u there about your positive reputation that u have here in my mind of hearts, so it was supposed to b this feeling below of how i smile when i read some nice several posts like yours on here

If I can make anyone's day better with my ridiculously juvenile sense of humor I'm glad, thank you

I only ever showed up here because of leaks, but since then I've kind of found my appreciation for SP renewed. I tell myself I'll put it all behind me once Machina comes out but being honest I'm probably a lifer

I've had Apathy's Last Kiss stuck in my head for half an hour

Old 04-06-2021, 06:35 PM   #101
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
I'll most likely be here till I die or till its shut down. All joking aside I have spent a great part of my life here even if it was in the shadows and people think I'm crazy.
that's whats up

Old 04-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #102
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

My Smashing Pumpkins story is that SP/WPC is my favourite sitcom/soap opera. I like viewing the sitcom through the disappointed prism of Netphoria.

Old 04-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #103
RAWK
Pledge

I suppose I would qualify as a lurker. I barely ever post here, but I come here everyday.

My best Smashing Pumpkins story is: Me and my 2 best friends camped out for presale tickets in Cleveland for the Mellon Collie tour. It was an event hosted by the local radio station (WMMS). We were first in line and waited all morning and afternoon. Once we got in, they had a Billy Corgan lookalike contest. My one buddy looked almost exactly like Gish-era Billy. It was judged by crowd response and a bunch of people went up and danced around and did stupid things and there was sporadic clapping. Then my friend went up and just stood on the stage with his hands in the air like the Gish cover. The crowd went absolutely mad. We ended up getting free front row tickets. But to get them, he had to shave his head right there in front of the crowd. At first he hesitated, but he knew he had to do it because it was the freaking Pumpkins. It was amazing.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:39 PM   #104
slunken
Virgo

what

Old 04-08-2021, 04:39 AM   #105
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I suppose I would qualify as a lurker. I barely ever post here, but I come here everyday.

My best Smashing Pumpkins story is: Me and my 2 best friends camped out for presale tickets in Cleveland for the Mellon Collie tour. It was an event hosted by the local radio station (WMMS). We were first in line and waited all morning and afternoon. Once we got in, they had a Billy Corgan lookalike contest. My one buddy looked almost exactly like Gish-era Billy. It was judged by crowd response and a bunch of people went up and danced around and did stupid things and there was sporadic clapping. Then my friend went up and just stood on the stage with his hands in the air like the Gish cover. The crowd went absolutely mad. We ended up getting free front row tickets. But to get them, he had to shave his head right there in front of the crowd. At first he hesitated, but he knew he had to do it because it was the freaking Pumpkins. It was amazing.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #106
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWK View Post

Secretly backstage big willies there with the scientists and they’re like ok william if we can get as many hair samples off dudes that have similar look that you’re going for or have gone for, for example on the gish cover, we can sequence those dnas and what’s more rnas to hopefully, you know, one day we can take em out of cryo and u can, like, grow your own hair that’s really yours again—“ “I want 25 on 32 DO IT!!!!!”

Old 04-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #107
RAWK
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
what
It's a true story. One of the most amazing days of my life.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:53 PM   #108
slunken
Virgo

please tell me you have pictures of your friend to post

Old 04-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #109
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWK View Post
It's a true story. One of the most amazing days of my life.
it's just funny because it sounds like a weird fever dream or something

Old 04-08-2021, 07:56 PM   #110
slunken
Virgo

"yea so then my buddy that looked like Billy shaved his head and all my teeth fell out and when I woke up I had cough drop wrappers all around me"

Old 04-09-2021, 05:47 PM   #111
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
At least you're memorable and add value though. Coming back after 11 years away you're one of the people I still remember

Old 04-09-2021, 09:10 PM   #112
slunken
Virgo

this is toxic behavior

Old 04-10-2021, 04:23 PM   #113
Bleakest Harves
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolmos View Post
I visit once every 4 months or so to see how the train wreck is going.
Yeah this is me as well. Kinda love how this place has exactly the same atmosphere and attitude for decades at this point. I keep checking in when Billy starts talking up whatever he's working on to watch you all pre-emptively trashing it. I've been coming here since the Machina era, which I hated at the time but started to love around 2010 or so. Weird. Anyway, I kinda liked Zeitgeist despite its many flaws, but everything since has been varying degrees of shit. Billy's vocals are completely fucked in particular, I can barely listen to them on the last few releases. Yet I keep getting moderately excited every time something new is being recorded *just in case * he finally pulls it out of the bag.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #114
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

there's just not excuse for seeing that that screenname didn't quite fit, yet still choosing i

Old 04-12-2021, 01:38 AM   #115
Bleakest Harves
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
there's just not excuse for seeing that that screenname didn't quite fit, yet still choosing i
I actually agree with you 100%.I've no idea what idiotic mindset I must have been in the day I joined to allow that to slide. Blackwater Park remains one of my favourite albums of all time too, though Opeth kinda died for me when they became just another retro prog band several albums ago.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #116
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakest Harves View Post
I actually agree with you 100%.I've no idea what idiotic mindset I must have been in the day I joined to allow that to slide. Blackwater Park remains one of my favourite albums of all time too, though Opeth kinda died for me when they became just another retro prog band several albums ago.
Blackwater Park! Hell yeah that’s a good one. Havent listened to anything past that double album they did where one was all heavy one was all soft. But all the early albums are so good, too. Like a soundtrack to Mordor is what i used to think, when lord of the rings was just the stuff of books and hadn’t like infiltrated the movie theater and your tv and everywhere

Old 04-13-2021, 06:39 AM   #117
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

does anyone ever feel like a lurker irl too?

***upvote if u liked and pls smash that subscribe button :steaming:

Old 07-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #118
Santa
Pledge

Unhappy

I also visit once every 6-12 months or so to see how the train wreck is going

RIP Eulogy

Old 07-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #119
Teagardener
Pledge

I got banned on my main account for saying something kinda offensive, but I'm proud of my contributions to Netphoria, and I'm a way better poster then all the regulars. I prefer the o board

Old 07-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #120
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
does anyone ever feel like a lurker irl too?

***upvote if u liked and pls smash that subscribe button :steaming:
I've touched a girl's lipps and butts. no sex yet but I believe it will one day come true