Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #61
Shallowed
Braindead

I don't know why you put so much effort into it rather than a simple "lol check out this guy"

Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #62
Caine Walker
Braindead

he's not a blathering idiot, for starters.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #63
ryoga
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
damn, are you a priest or something?
ha, no but my uncle is. i come from a strong religious background but i grew up in a much more spiritual household so i don't consider myself “religious”.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #64
Delicieuxz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
yeah yeah blah blah i'm embarassed about being shown to be a stick in the mud and saying something stupid and ignorant online so i'll use my "you have low self-esteem" escape hatch. nobody's being defensive here except for you. Lets rewind to how this all started, i asked if you lived in a cave and you got all butthurt about it. Next time before you open your fat mouth maybe you'll figure out that you probably need to know what you're talking about so you don't get called on it. I don't think you really understand what this comes down to, it has nothing to do with twitter specifically, but just a general get with the times you assclown and don't blurt out pretentious things about stuff you don't have any clue about in the first place.
You actually suggest you are not defensive, yet you could possibly be the most easily wounded forumer I've seen in maybe forever. Saying that you aren't acting defensive in the midst of dropping a butt-hurt diatribe doesn't count for much, it just lets me know the type of special needs kid I'm dealing with. Seriously guy, take a look at what you say and think about it at the same time. I think I hit the nail on the head with the low self-esteem comment. Oops, you're going to have another cry-fest about that, aren't you?

Quote:
i mean not only do you look stupid for not knowing what twitter is (i mean seriously, how the fuck do you not know about this already?),
Ok, so you think that knowing all about twitter makes someone better than someone else. Like, I said, that's some real child shit you're into there. Don't forget the hypocrisy.

Quote:
you were also made to look foolish by asserting that this couldn't possibly be billy, and everyone that thinks it is is a moron, which was entirely debunked by a mere visit to sp.com. Follow all that up with a good old fashioned holier-than-thou slur against anyone that socializes online. I mean good job all around, really.
Reading comprehension you have not, only crack-headed interpretations of what I said. I said I was missing the details that revealed that this was actually Billy and simultaneously stated that I was sure those details existed and that someone would point them out to me, and they did - and so I visited sp.com, where they have a link on the front page saying "Billy now on twitter," and a link directly to that account. So yes, a visit to sp.com logically clarified things.

Besides all that. what you erroneously interpreted as a holier-than-thou slur against anyone that socializes online, and probably poor people too, was said by someone who socializes online and isn't rich. When I said "I thought only poor people," I could have said "I thought only us poor people," and it would have been exactly what I was aiming for, as it was a joke at myself while asking why is some dude who can do anything online every few hours to post inane one-breathe rhetoric. Why does that cause you to get sand in your vagina?

Quote:
this is just hilarious though. yeah why would anyone get the idea you were talking down to them.
While that's not my intent, it's hard to think that you don't feel that way when you put such effort into trying to have it known that it doesn't bug you. It's the same deal as you making a point that you aren't defensive by means of typing out what sounds like armageddon taking place in the midst of your poor psyche. The only reason I'm now going to think that you feel talked down to is because you're showing that it's important to you that people specifically know that you don't feel talked down to. But again, that's some shit I don't care for.

Quote:
lets revisit this as well

Yes because I hear about twitter from NPR (several months ago and often since) I live in a superficial online world. I don't really think you understand how pervasive twitter is at this point. It's not obscure internet phenomena it's common knowledge. The fact that noted technophobe John McCain has a twitter account should tell you how completely main stream this is.
So twitter's been around a few years, but you think that there's a cut-off date for hearing about it not equating living in a cave, which is somewhere around several months ago when you first heard it on NPR. The "Do you live in a superficial online world?" comment is just, in response to the lame "do you live in a cave" comment. It means that if that's a deal to you, you need to get a better grip on reality. The part where you really dropped into defensive mode was in response to "Twitter = world. I'll email the dozen news sites I visit daily to let them know that they're failing me by not reporting on the scope of twitterland." After that, you've just been off the page, trying overly hard to insist that you are neither butt-hurt or a retard, while evidence of the reverse seems pretty definitive.

Last edited by Delicieuxz : 04-19-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #65
Shallowed
Braindead

Wall of text apparently about Twitter = blathering

Old 04-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #66
russian iha
Apocalyptic Poster

Now you get why twitter is limited to 140 char.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #67
Caine Walker
Braindead

it's frustrating!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #68
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

meh

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #69
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

twitter = too much information

Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #70
Trotskilicious
Banned

twitter is like sbt said, basically the worst thing ever

Old 04-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #71
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.

I defy anyone who claims to understand what twitter is all about to explain what the fuck is going on in this article:

99 Essential Twitter Tools And Applications | Developer's Toolbox | Smashing Magazine

"99 essential twitter tools and applications"

Do these words, taken in sequence and linked together, form a meaningful expression to anyone here

Old 04-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #72
Shallowed
Braindead

"Twitter" and "Essential" doesn't sound right together.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #73
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

" You must first fill your cup with love before you can pour it into the cup of another."

Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #74
Kahlo

Hey Rolmos, I read your most excellent magazine today. Just thought I would let you know.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #75
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

<3

Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I defy anyone who claims to understand what twitter is all about to explain what the fuck is going on in this article:

99 Essential Twitter Tools And Applications | Developer's Toolbox | Smashing Magazine

"99 essential twitter tools and applications"

Do these words, taken in sequence and linked together, form a meaningful expression to anyone here
Twitpay

really says it all

Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #77
ryoga
Ownz

Quote:
You must first fill your cup with love before you can pour it into the cup of another.
Billy's twitter reads like a book of religious and motivational quotes. Has he been this way for a while now or did something happen to him recently that has made him so positive? An epiphany perhaps.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #78
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolmos View Post
" You must first fill your cup with love before you can pour it into the cup of another."
I think his twitters are hints as to the name of his two new bands.. quick, register www.2cups1billy.com before he gets to it

Old 04-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #79
yoshinobu's revenge
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoga View Post
Billy's twitter reads like a book of religious and motivational quotes. Has he been this way for a while now or did something happen to him recently that has made him so positive? An epiphany perhaps.
he's probably just getting laid regularly. shit i'd be happier if i was.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #80
ryoga
Ownz

But he's a rockstar. How is it that he wasn't getting laid on a regular basis anyway

Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #81
ryoga
Ownz

On a serious note....this all reminds me of those positive reinforcement techniques that is used in cognitive behavioural therapy. It's about focusing on changing thought patterns in order to solve psychological and personality problems. Basically you constantly say/think positive things to yourself/others until you eventually start believing it. This constant positive reinforcement is supposed to diminish negative thoughts which many therapists believe is the root of depression - and thus learning to be happy and loving yourself.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #82
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

Twitter is possibly a sign of the apocalypse considering how fucking irrelevant the whole mini-post thing from cellphone bit truly is.

Awful stuff.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #83
redbull
Immortal

Lightbulb

Quote:
he's been completely insane for roughly a decade

Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #84
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

Motherfucker's been crazy since the Pumpkins got ink. Really, in Gish-Adore, did he ever sound clear-headed and rational and calm?

Old 04-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #85
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

hey guys. "Anything that you can see or touch or dream of represents active consciousness that IS Love"

you know, fyi.

i really can't poke any holes in his logic there. anything you can dream of represents active consciousness that is love. got it.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #86
ryoga
Ownz

I think he means “active consciousness” in the new age sense. though it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #87
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

noosphere, guys. noosphere.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #88
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
But he's a rockstar. How is it that he wasn't getting laid on a regular basis anyway
because he hasn't been a rockstar since 1995

Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #89
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
On a serious note....this all reminds me of those positive reinforcement techniques that is used in cognitive behavioural therapy. It's about focusing on changing thought patterns in order to solve psychological and personality problems. Basically you constantly say/think positive things to yourself/others until you eventually start believing it. This constant positive reinforcement is supposed to diminish negative thoughts which many therapists believe is the root of depression - and thus learning to be happy and loving yourself.
sounds revolting

Old 04-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #90
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

"If God is Love and Love is Truth than anything not born of Love or Truth is not born of God."

i really wanna punch this guy in the face