Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #121
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Gosh, thanks for asking

Burnt out from work, basically. Done a lot to create/promote remote work possibilities for my office but nobody has said so much as thank u and instead i get yelled at for suggesting maybe the bosses don’t actually need people to physically come back in the office when they’re doing a lot at home. It’s all political, tied to our governor letting the stay-at-home expire on Sunday

Gotta find a new job pretty quick it’s clear
yikes

I've said it before but I'm really happy that I don't live in America

as if I cannot see your IP, do you live in rural buttfuck or urban fuckbutt?

Old 04-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #122
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Mostly rural buttcracks with some urban titfucks thrown in for good measure

In my great state, that is

Old 04-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #123
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Hmmm. Wonder why they went with aliens so hard. Lotta folks think those big slow hover things are black ops craft from the USA
I guess it seemed more likely to them. They way they describe the size, the silence, and the way it whooshed away at an incredible speed does sound so far beyond our current aerospace technology I am inclined to say aliens are MORE likely than some kind of secret aircraft. Apparently it was gone from view almost instantaneously. Regardless of all other weirdness here, no object can cross the speed of sound without generating a sonic boom in Earth's atmsphere. it's not physically possible, unless the craft had some kind of tech beyond our understanding to manipulate the air and environment around it as well

afaik neither of them were big on aliens or conspiracies, what they saw just convinced them there was no way it was human.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #124
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
rural buttcracks with some urban titfucks
wat about the local beavescrotes?!?

Old 04-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #125
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
wat about the local beavescrotes?!?
Yeah we have them, really hairy ones too

Old 04-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #126
FoolofaTook

You should gift them a comb. And maybe some shampoo, too.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #127
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I guess it seemed more likely to them. They way they describe the size, the silence, and the way it whooshed away at an incredible speed does sound so far beyond our current aerospace technology I am inclined to say aliens are MORE likely than some kind of secret aircraft. Apparently it was gone from view almost instantaneously. Regardless of all other weirdness here, no object can cross the speed of sound without generating a sonic boom in Earth's atmsphere. it's not physically possible, unless the craft had some kind of tech beyond our understanding to manipulate the air and environment around it as well

afaik neither of them were big on aliens or conspiracies, what they saw just convinced them there was no way it was human.
That’s so kickass man, thanks. Especially interested in the whooshing silently out of view at impossible speeds thing — that’s reported so often with UFO sightings and always gives me the willies, cause like what is it, then

Old 04-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #128
redbreegull

yeah it's a cool story that has always fueled my imagination cause they were never jokey about it. regardless of what they saw, they both saw something that made a serious impression

Old 04-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #129
redbreegull

world's largest lowest fastest weather balloon

Old 04-29-2020, 05:39 PM   #130
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Some more John Mack stuff cause i friekin love this guy:

Quote:
NOVA: Many say that this is just really a function of cultural images.

MACK: ...I have been looking at this phenomenon as it manifests in indigenous people, in Native Americans—the Cherokee, the Hopi, who know these beings as the star people. We've looked at this in South Africa, particularly in interviewing in depth a leading South African sangoma, or medicine man, who calls these beings "mandingdas".

We've investigated it in Brazil with a farmer in—outside Belo Horizante who had identical abduction experiences to what have been reported in this country. I'm getting recent—I received a letter about abduction experiences from a person in Malaysia today. In other words, this is—as far as we can tell—a worldwide phenomenon. This is not restricted, as some people have thought, to Western or particularly American culture.

....I found that the higher or the greater the stake that a person has in this society, in their position or their job, the more reluctant they are to admit that they've had abduction experiences......When abductees went on television with me during the spring of 1994, during my book tours, and wanted to communicate and educate about it, a number of them received threats to their jobs. Some of them lost them....we have one man in management consultation, lost an important contract. A woman that worked for the federal government, who was an abductee, was threatened with loss of her job. In other words, this is not something that is regarded as acceptable.

I've interviewed airline pilots who have had sighting—close up sightings of UFOs. They will not report it, because they will be removed from their work. Even if they've had abduction experience, they will not talk about it. And 25 to 30 percent of airline pilots, according to a survey that one of the people I've talked with did, have had close up sightings, but will not discuss it.

This simply is not something that is accepted as OK to talk about or—And that may be changing. I recently saw a Harvard Divinity School student, and I asked him these questions. I said: Do you talk about this among your fellow students? And he said: 'Oh, yes.' And it turned out several of them had also had abduction experiences. And even the ones that had not, were fascinated, interested, didn't ridicule 'em. So maybe the climate is changing.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #131
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Old 04-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #132
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Maybe the best bit:

Quote:
NOVA: Aren't you really at risk of losing quite a bit, personally and professionally, because of ...criticism?

MACK: I think that, in some ways, I've gained more than I've lost in terms of inviting people into this mystery, having a dialogue with all kinds of very wonderful, open, intelligent, brilliant people from many different fields. It's been quite exciting. I mean I've been attacked, but the attacks have not been really nearly as serious to me as the openness that I've found among many people throughout the culture and internationally, who are saying: Yeah, I always suspected something like this was going on, and I'm glad you were willing to come forward and report about it.

......It's often said that I'm a believer and sort of have gone and lost my objectivity. I really object to that. Because this is not about believing anything. I didn't believe anything when I started, I don't really believe anything now. I'm come to where I've come to clinically. In other words, I worked with people over hundred and hundreds of hours and have done as careful a job as I could to listen, to sift out, to consider alternative explanations. And none have come forward. No one has found an alternative explanation in a single abduction case.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #133
FoolofaTook

wtf is going on here why are you guys all being polite and talking like civilized beings i was hoping for some blood and gore

???

Old 04-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #134
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
CHEER UP MY BROTHER, IT’S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Old 04-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #135
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
wtf is going on here why are you guys all being polite and talking like civilized beings i was hoping for some blood and gore

???
Did u miss the part where topleycat unfriended me with the long slow ellipses of ridicule, after breeg teased me, snickering all the while, with fake tales of skunk apes that didn’t even occur irl?

You’re lookin at the new pariah of the board, here. Might as well put on my blue jump suit and go on tv to talk about how ive been chosen to reveal the reptilian/zionist agenda, the way everyones recoiling from my posts in here

Old 04-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #136
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

netphoria is too old to be unfriended on it

Old 04-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #137
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
I mean I definitely believe we're not alone

Old 04-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #138
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Have we talked about the idea of UFOs actually being time machines and their occupants people of the future?

Old 04-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #139
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Have we talked about the idea of UFOs actually being time machines and their occupants people of the future?
no because time travel is not possible and you can sign me up for the probability of aliens on earth before time travel

Old 04-29-2020, 07:32 PM   #140
FoolofaTook

Ya'll should read this. Best story ever about time travel. Mad propz to my man-cat-bird.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #141
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
no because time travel is not possible and you can sign me up for the probability of aliens on earth before time travel
If we didn't talk about things that aren't possible, why was there ever a petition to stop Took's shitposting?

Old 04-29-2020, 08:04 PM   #142
redbreegull

maybe it hasn't happened yet and you are the time traveler

Old 04-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #143
FoolofaTook

Four things do not come back: the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity.
--Arabic Proverb

From Publishers Weekly:
"This curious time-travel novella from Hugo-winner Chiang (Stories of Your Life and Others) is a gracefully told lesson about accepting fate—or, as better suits this medieval Arabian setting, the will of Allah... Half lyrical Arabian Nights legend and half old school cautionary SF tale, this skillfully written story and its theme of insurmountable fate may comfort as many readers as it makes uncomfortable."

From Booklist:
"In the manner of the Arabian Nights, Chiang wraps stories within a story... Eventually, interconnections between the four stories surface, and they boggle the mind, more so, perhaps, than any of the tales of similar effect in Chiang's dazzling Stories of Your Life and Others (2002). Could fantasy be more intelligently exquisite and, ultimately and surprisingly, morally sound than this?"

From Scalpel Magazine:
"It would be easy for Ted Chiang to rest on his laurels, especially after winning so many awards for his previous works, but his mastery of the written language continues to evolve. This novella charmed me down to my strings, a science fictional tale clothed in the silks and linen and scarves of the fantastic, and I do hope another five years will not have passed before seeing another major work from this phenomenal writer."

Old 04-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #144
redbreegull

what if I told you that time is only a perception and there is actually only causality

Old 04-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #145
Shallowed
Braindead

Have we as a forum gotten any closer to understanding this thing itt, or is it just shitposting

Old 04-30-2020, 12:04 AM   #146
redbreegull

Cool

I posted shit on your dad last night

Old 04-30-2020, 12:05 AM   #147
redbreegull

I mean your dad shit on my post

Old 04-30-2020, 12:09 AM   #148
Shallowed
Braindead

thanks for clarifying

Old 04-30-2020, 12:13 AM   #149
redbreegull

tl;dr aliens almost certainly exist but almost certainly have not come to Earth. people can say otherwise but they would be on the wrong side of probability based on available information

Old 04-30-2020, 12:13 AM   #150
redbreegull

I'm right and anyone who disagrees is wrong basically