Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
No. Fuck off.
Barbara Walters has had discussions with serial killers.

You can't judge a person based on who they're willing to have a conversation with.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:34 AM   #32
Catherine Wheel
Banned

How is there something lighter and sweeter to SP when they sound just like Queens of the Stone Age? I mean having Darcy in the band doesn't make them sound any less QOTSA. Rated R and Siamese Dream could've been made by same person.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:05 AM   #33
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
How is there something lighter and sweeter to SP when they sound just like Queens of the Stone Age? I mean having Darcy in the band doesn't make them sound any less QOTSA. Rated R and Siamese Dream could've been made by same person.
https://media.giphy.com/media/lPP4Crb4efP8s/giphy.gif

Old 03-05-2019, 02:10 AM   #34
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Barbara Walters has had discussions with serial killers.

You can't judge a person based on who they're willing to have a conversation with.
That's such a false equivalency it isn't even funny.

Barbara Walters is the host in that situation. If she's promoting anything by having serial killers on her show, it's awareness of serial killers. While the media certainly has its way of celebrating these types of humans, I don't think this counts as actively promoting them.

Alex Jones is a nutcase, and his show rampantly promotes disinformation, which is shredding the fabric of our society right now. I've always looked at the Alex Jones thing as proof that Billy is so desperate for attention that he's willing to stoop to the lowest dregs to find a platform. I've never watched his appearance on the show, because the fact that it exists is all I need or want to know.

Imagine a kid who looks up to his older brother, and has glossed some SP fandom from being around him and hearing his music. He gets the idea that SP is super cool. His politics are obviously still forming. He sees Billy Corgan go on Alex Jones, and wants to watch the show just because of Billy Corgan. He then delves into the self-isolating paranoia of Alex Jones, because Billy Corgan made that shit look cool.

It matters who you promote. Fuck Billy for going on that show.

Last edited by LoveIsSuicide42 : 03-05-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:45 AM   #35
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lol well little kids looking up to rockstars and other celebrities as moral or intellectual compasses is one of the moral deficiencies that we have within our Western culture.

Little kids shouldn't be looking up to these knuckleheads. It breeds a culture of egotism and self-obsession. But it further pounds the religion of consumerism into the heads of the mentally vulnerable and as one knows, that means big business for the corporations. Enlightenment signals bad news for the corporate money making machine, so it's in their best interest to keep the young and mentally vulnerable looking up to shallow fools such as Taylor Swift and Cardi-B.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-05-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:09 AM   #36
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

Quote:
Lol well little kids looking up to rockstars and other celebrities as moral or intellectual compasses is one of the moral deficiencies that we have within our Western culture.

Little kids shouldn't be looking up to these knuckleheads. It breeds a culture of egotism and self-obsession. But it further pounds the religion of consumerism into the heads of the mentally vulnerable and as one knows, that means big business for the corporations. Enlightenment signals bad news for the corporate money making machine, so it's in their best interest to keep the young and mentally vulnerable looking up to shallow fools such as Taylor Swift and Cardi-B.
Why are you people so into blaming the defenseless?

Old 03-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #37
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Josh doesn’t really know how to flesh his songs out as much as Corgan on rated r and he relies too much on other singers but outside of that rated r might as well be Siamese Dream. And lullabies to paralyze and Siamese Dream could have been made by same person. For the most part I just don’t see this sweeter side to sp. D’arcy being in the band doesn’t mean anything

Old 03-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #38
Eulogy
huh

Quote:

What’s wrong with t swift and Cardi B.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:31 AM   #39
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Josh doesn’t really know how to flesh his songs out as much as Corgan on rated r and he relies too much on other singers but outside of that rated r might as well be Siamese Dream. And lullabies to paralyze and Siamese Dream could have been made by same person. For the most part I just don’t see this sweeter side to sp. D’arcy being in the band doesn’t mean anything
Hey buddy, how 'bout you retire this one for a little while eh? Not to say you're utterly batshit, we just need some time to chew on it, you know?

Old 03-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #40
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

or alternately, that gif that breegull posted

Old 03-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #41
buzzard
Minion of Satan

We need to Chu on it, you know?

Old 03-06-2019, 03:40 AM   #42
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Hey buddy, how 'bout you retire this one for a little while eh? Not to say you're utterly batshit, we just need some time to chew on it, you know?
....and then course there’s the fact that both band names are clearly ironic sarcastic joke names

Old 03-06-2019, 03:49 AM   #43
Catherine Wheel
Banned

And nick and D’arcy both had similar substance abuse issues and were both eventually fired.....
I could go on and on but it should be obvious by now. You see where this is going.

Last edited by Catherine Wheel : 03-06-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:48 AM   #44
Catherine Wheel
Banned

But I will go on. Billy recruited jimmy for his side project Zwan and josh recruited Grohl for his side project TCV

On their influences Wikipedia page it’s mentioned they invented their own scale that was influenced by Hendrix

Old 03-06-2019, 05:01 AM   #45
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Talking

Queens of the Stone Age = Smashing Pumpkins

Old 03-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #46
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

for the love of all things christian... UNSHEATH THE HAMMER

Old 03-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #47
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I love how you always manage to single out celebrities who have expressed left-leaning views as "shallow fools" while simultaneously claiming that a celebrity's politics shouldn't matter to the audience. We're not stupid, Fuzzy. We see what you're doing. Go put on your MAGA hat and fap to Trump's unhinged CPAC rant again.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #48
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
for the love of all things christian... UNSHEATH THE HAMMER
You ever notice how similar early dandy Warhols are to early verve? And they both tried to license the shit out of those songs they made that ripped off The Rolling Stones? Verve failed and got sued. Makes you think

Old 03-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #49
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i never listened to Dandy Warhols, aside from that one tacky song that was a semi-hit-

Old 03-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #50
Catherine Wheel
Banned

They were like 2 hit wonders in the states.
I think the verve were so desperate for big hit they didn’t stop to think about the mess they were getting into far as being sued.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:07 PM   #51
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
What’s wrong with t swift and Cardi B.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d7/33...0d3b099b9e.gif

Old 03-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #52
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
I love how you always manage to single out celebrities who have expressed left-leaning views as "shallow fools" while simultaneously claiming that a celebrity's politics shouldn't matter to the audience. We're not stupid, Fuzzy. We see what you're doing. Go put on your MAGA hat and fap to Trump's unhinged CPAC rant again.
Dude, one of my favorite bands is Rage Against The Machine. An artists politics truly don't matter to me. If you think one calling Taylor Swift and Cardi-B shallow and assume it's political, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #53
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
They were like 2 hit wonders in the states.
I think the verve were so desperate for big hit they didn’t stop to think about the mess they were getting into far as being sued.
Yeah, you always gotta feel for the one-hit wonders who scored their hit with a cover. Somewhere out there the fellows in Alien Ant Farm are mowing lawns or doing janitor work.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #54
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I’m sure orgy are glad that stitches and fiction ended up being sizable hits after blue Monday and blue Monday wasn’t the beginning and end of all their traction

Old 03-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #55
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Yeah, you always gotta feel for the one-hit wonders who scored their hit with a cover. Somewhere out there the fellows in Alien Ant Farm are mowing lawns or doing janitor work.
& Soft Cell are stuffing snow cones

Old 03-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #56
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Hey Fuzzy, you know who else is intellectually shallow?

https://i.imgur.com/iDMXF9H.gif

Old 03-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #57
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

say what you will, he's got some solid pecs going on

Old 03-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #58
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Oh for godssake. He said nothing controversial on those broadcasts. Get over it
Just the act of going on the show speaks volumes.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #59
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

And Jones has fuck all to do with politics.

He's a fear monger who attacks innocent people and sells shit supplements.

I couldn't give two fucks about where he falls on the political spectrum.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #60
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

what about the autistic spectrum