Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #61
Graveflower
Pledge

Thumbs down

i just found this out from another netphorian who migrated to another board with me randomly in a PM they sent last week
i had basically quit message boards and then logged into that account for the first time in a month (i haven't even read this place in years i think - "Welcome, Graveflower. You last visited: 09-20-2019) and that was like the first thing i saw
(no after basically 22 years of boarding i am not going to stop making things about myself and in a way that's irrelevant sorry)
obviously like a few people i used to troll eulogy a lot but we eventually became really friendly both on here and FB when FB was a thing people under 70 used after I made an effort to be a better person (didn't take) but he was an actual good person and I constantly feel like shit for how I used to be horrible to everyone on here because I thought they were "corny" and it's why i mostly stay away but i heard (read) about this and like felt compelled to say something

edit: look i know i lampshaded how everything is about me but jesus christ it sucks seeing it at the top of a page
i hope everyone uses a different number of posts per page than me

edit 2: i should have mentioned that after we became friends it was because he was a really nice and forgiving person and this sucks for everyone not just me i swear i don't only think about me personally but it's hard to type out thoughts that indicate otherwise

Last edited by Graveflower : 06-16-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #62
slunken
Virgo

So so sorry to hear this. Thank you for your candor. I am speechless. Can’t think of anything to say that doesn’t feel like an empty gesture. I can’t imagine what you must be going through. So so sorry.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #63
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Bro. Remember when Eugoogoly wasn't gay? I'll always remember his story. It is kinda hard typing this. He was a good dude..

Old 06-18-2021, 11:21 AM   #64
Shallowed
Braindead

It's okay, Graveflower. Everyone grieves in their own way.

we've mostly been in a state of vigil here.

Old 06-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #65
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Just got a text from Graveflower. I am shocked and saddened to hear about Chris's untimely death.
Eulogy was great! He used to get so mad and annoyed with me when I'd post about pop on the music board then in recent years he got into it and was like "yeah you were right." I love that kind of growth.

Tom, I can't imagine what it's like to mourn the love of your life at such a young age. He didn't deserve this and neither did you and your families. My sincere condolences and virtual hugs.

Old 06-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #66
noyen
Immortal

gflower let me know too... I'm so sorry Tom, immediately thought about you, my heart dropped hearing the news and hurts for you.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #67
Graveflower
Pledge

Thumbs down

This isn't ok
Like anyone here dying wouldn't be OK
I'm making it about myself more than I mocked but
I am not handling this well and I only became even kind of close with Chris for a couple years
I'm glad I did I just
I can't handle death
I
Apologies to Tom obviously you have it worst of all I just don't know where to try and work this stuff out myself anymore

Old 06-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #68
Graveflower
Pledge

A lost of us have been here for more than two decades and it does not make it easier to hear even though it's inevitable

Old 06-22-2021, 10:37 PM   #69
slunken
Virgo

i found this quote in a .txt file:

"But Eulogy and scotty's whole thing is that ideas are not justifiable if they come from religion, regardless if they are good or bad ideas, and regardless if they helped develop civilization and establish order and morality. However that is not to say all religions are good religions."

Old 06-22-2021, 10:38 PM   #70
slunken
Virgo

such a chill quote i wish i notated the author more

Old 06-24-2021, 09:30 PM   #71
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
This isn't ok
Like anyone here dying wouldn't be OK
I'm making it about myself more than I mocked but
I am not handling this well and I only became even kind of close with Chris for a couple years
I'm glad I did I just
I can't handle death
I
Apologies to Tom obviously you have it worst of all I just don't know where to try and work this stuff out myself anymore
I don’t know that anyone handles death -well-…

but I am happy to hear that you had positive interactions with him.

y’all have been very kind and I appreciate that.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:59 PM   #72
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 07-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #73
Fattening Ass

First, let me say that I don't know what made me check to see if forums.netphoria.org still existed, but I did, and seeing this place has never changed is strangely comforting.

I'm sad to hear of his passing, even tho I'm pretty sure we argued endlessly and he hated my guts here. I can't say I blame him, I bet if I look back at old posts I'm pretty sure I'll find that I was quite obnoxious in my efforts to bring hilarity.

I wish we did get along, because I fucking love Failure and it's quite sad that we never connected on how awesome they are, maybe we could have found common ground there. I'd like to think I've grown a lot over the years, enough so to say that I would have been glad to say hello to him after all this time and let bygones be bygones.

My sincere condolences Caine.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:58 PM   #74
Mooney
Socialphobic

So sorry to hear this news. My condolences to everyone whom his life has touched.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #75
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

My whole heart goes out to you, Caine. Will be thinking of you, especially tomorrow if the memorial indeed ended up being held then. The love you share with someone is there always, outside of time.

Old 08-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #76
Toby

Rest in peace, guy.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #77
Xteenmachine
Ownz

I am sorry for your loss, CW.

I liked and respected him. He was always kind to me.

Sending hugs

Old 08-29-2021, 10:51 AM   #78
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I heard about this shortly after it happened, and have tried to write a response a half a dozen times with no success. I am not going to pretend I knew him in any sense other than what he posted on here, but I will say that I was shocked to hear about it. It was awesome seeing him grow up and change with his posts, as it has been with a lot of you. It was nice finding common ground, weird mutual likes, and even arguing. Being a weird, introverted social idiot, I honestly do not think I'd turn down having a beer or otherwise having a chat with any one of you. It's very weird coming back here and it looks like nothing has changed but everything else always keeps moving on. My condolences to Caine and the rest of their family.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #79
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I can't pretend I knew him on more than a superficial level, but I will miss talking about Jimmy Eat World with him.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:01 PM   #80
kristin xp
Minion of Satan

My condolences to you Tom. Sorry for being so late. I never thought I'd be back here. I also never thought the news of someone's death I never met would be so shocking or such a reminder of how sweet and short life can be. I only knew him a brief time in my life, but he was noticeable and impactful. Once I heard of Chris’s passing I felt compelled to post though. He was memorable to me as a genuine kind person. Its so odd that particular time in our lives before social media posting on messagbboards….refreshing the pages over and over getting in flamewars. Like a time capsule. Eulogy always offered a well defined point and honest opinions. I can say I learned a lot from his perspective and appreciated his posts.
Eulogy was also my favorite tool song, so I'd notice his name popping up whenever he posted. I remember he went to Notre Dame. I remember he was so young. I remember he always got to the point. I too loved the flame wars, but honestly he had so much inquisitive kindness . He always sought to be morally correct, and at least righteous in a message board filled with tubgirl pics hidden under a link. He never struck me as malicious even though that ran rampant on the boards. He stood up for what he believed in and was a quality poster. He was always someone I paid attention to and wondered how his life was going. I remembered the eulogay era very little but am glad to know he came out and found love. He was kind to me when a lot of people weren’t and that’s what i’ll cherish about his memory.

All I can say is rest in peace, and may his memory live on in the best of lights here where we all cut our teeth in the wild west before moderators, getting therapy, or any kind of actual self care. Our comic relief. Our stomping grounds. The places memes were made. He was here in the beginning. His memory will live on in us for sure. I'm sorry I was so late to the news, but his time here was appreciated, and he left an endearing impression on so many of us. I hope you find healing.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #81
john's ego
Ownz

gone too soon, obviously. we tussled a lot but weren't adversaries exactly. i remember even since he was like 14 he had this litigious style of arguing that was annoying as shit if you disagreed and very satisfying if you did agree. and with like political disagreements he was uncomfortably close to the center, but fundamentally was into social justice. and i don't remember him gloating when it turned out he read the tea leaves correctly. definitely one of the main sources of good energy on the board

and since people have already mentioned it: i, too, remember when eulogy posted about his defloration, which also happens to be true for multiple other posters in this thread. i don't find that profound or anything. just kinda funny. and now i work at a job alongside adults who were born after 9/11. feeling fuckin old.

tom, i remember meeting in chicago april 04, when we were slotted into the final "church session" together with like 20 other troofans. that was a wild few weeks for me, but you stick out as one of the nicest netphorians i met during my time there. and though i mostly ghost on social media now, where we are mutuals, i find it remarkable how recent pictures of you look basically identical to my memory of you that day. the persistence of the "edit: fuck this is eulogy/caine" meme i feel is evidence of how supportive you were of each other, and i hope you're getting the support you need these past few months.

i looked at netphoria randomly on the day this was posted. hesitated on coming back. but it fucked me up at the time. this was also the same month that condo collapsed, and my favorite footballer had a heart attack on the pitch. so june 2021 was an especially bad month of obsessively fearing sudden death. and now i'm really high, and thinking about eulogy again, and figured out how to recover this old username. edit: fuck, this is ******

Old 02-19-2022, 12:23 AM   #82
Meursault
Demi-God

Fuck. I don't know what possessed me to think about Netphoria after God only knows how long (the last login thingies is telling me Nov 2004?), but it's crazy that Eulogy was one of the posters I remember enjoying, and it's heartening to see familiar names on this thread, sharing their condolences and memories.

Thoughts and warm wishes to the family. A terrible loss.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:05 PM   #83
BumbleBeeMouth
Apocalyptic Poster

Sorry to hear this.

I remember the story about Eulogy coming out, and very much enjoyed watching him and trots piss each other off.

Old 04-08-2022, 06:21 AM   #84
Mo
Immortal

What an unexpected kick in the gut.. I'm so sorry for your loss, Caine!

Old 04-09-2022, 05:27 AM   #85
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Damn. This is really awful news. RIP.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:55 PM   #86
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Fucking hell.

I very rarely check the site anymore + haven't posted much since I moved city back in 2013.

Today, in a nostalgic mood I logged in to see if any old posters are still around + saw this thread. I can't believe Eulogy is gone - I knew he was still a young guy. Very belated positive thoughts to Caine Walker + to Eulogy's family.

I can't say I knew him like many of you, but he was a familiar poster when I joined the board in early 2006. I stuck to the Pumpkins boards generally + when I was active I remember him as a big fan of Adore + Machina. He always had something interesting to say + seemed a good guy.

This feels really weird. In some ways, what Netphoria was to me is frozen in time, with all the posters like characters in a book that kind of go on in your mind. If I'd never logged in again, then - not knowing anybody from here irl - everybody kind of just continues in perpetuity. Knowing that the person that was Eulogy is no more, it's kind of hard to get my head around it.