Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Default I'm open minded but I'm not free spirited

When it comes to spirituality and music and other aspects of culture I have a very open mind. But I'm not the type to be adventurous and spontaneous and just down for anything.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Hey that's cool. I'm into getting anal sex but I'm not gay.

I am the type to be adventurous and spontaneous, and actually pretty socially irresponsible.

But mostly I like weird objects in my butt.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Shallowed
Braindead

All I know about you are the observational threads that you start and they're pretty spontaneous. Like...

Old 05-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I've made lots of posts about myself. Or at least enough to get a good idea of me.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

When it comes to spirituality, music and other aspects of culture I'm pretty close minded. But otherwise you know, I'm open to anything. As long as it conforms to my completely arbitrary and demanding standards of morals and like, quality.

But other than that though, very open minded. Like, friends say I'm fun to be around and by friends I mean people I just made up.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #6
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I would never get a tattoo. And I don't drink hard liquor at all. I stick to beer. And I only drink when I'm out socializing with someone.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I wouldn't get a tattoo either but it's not cause i mind them on other people. I just can't think of anything that would be meaningful enough to me I'd want it tattooed.

I don't drink alcohol at all because I don't like being drunk (I did it a lot as a teen like everyone) and I don't like the taste of alcohol anyway. Ok well that's not really true, those past few years I've picked up girlie drinks. The kind that are really sweet and in which you can barely taste the alcohol. but I probably don't even get the equivalent of like 500ml of alcohol in me within a full year.

Raymond Chandler said you should get drunk once a year on principle so you don't let yourself get snotty about it. I got snotty about it a long time ago. Last time I was 16.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #8
Elphenor
Braindead

Weak...

I get fucked up whenever possible pretty much

Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
slunken
Virgo

Raymond chandler was an alcoholic. He was saying that about people who claim they don't drink.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
slunken
Virgo

Such as yourself

Old 05-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
I'm Hardcore
Banned

city slicker came, and he said "i'm mighty tough"
"i wanna get a taste of that powerful stuff"

Old 05-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #12
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Weak...

I get fucked up whenever possible pretty much

That's called alcoholism. There's nothing glorious about it. But you have the excuse of being young. When people are still pulling that shit past 30, it's probably time to get on meds or at least seriously re-evaluate your life.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #13
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
When it comes to spirituality and music and other aspects of culture I have a very open mind. But I'm not the type to be adventurous and spontaneous and just down for anything.
Is this from your OK Cupid profile?

Old 05-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
That's called alcoholism.
pretty sure it's actually just a 20 y.o. douche being what they do

not saying there aren't 20 y.o. alkys but he's probably not one

Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #15
Shallowed
Braindead

Boys will be boys!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's not just boys

do you have any friends or do you stay inside mostly

Old 05-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #17
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I don't know about this "at that age, that's unlikely alcoholism."

Last edited by pavementtune : 06-02-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #18
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post

Drinking when "socializing" and "only beer" - heard that before. Fast forward and I realized the guy I lived with couldn't only drink 14 0.5 beers in a night out, "for fun", there was an unfunny side, too.
Never saw myself as an alcoholic, either. Never drank alone, no problem to go without it for weeks, 19-year-old girls simply weren't called alcoholics, no matter if I drank like one.
It's called party.
Drink the same amount at 30 or 40 and the health checklist will say - alcoholism.
Yeah. I had an ex who pretty much got wasted every weekend (and once in a while in the week too...only thing that stopped her doing that too much was fear of losing her job). Never drank at home but got wasted every time she went out, not just slightly drunk. I stopped following her in her nights out early on (after once freaking the fuck out about where she'd disappeared to, i found her asleep on the doorstep when i got home)....but that didn't help of course (because she really could have used someone to look out for her in her state...) That's pretty much (kinda indirectly) the reason we split. It's hard to stay in love with someone who comes home incoherent and then pisses the bed.

People tend to see alcoholics as people who are permanently drunk and drinking at home and all that, they don't have to be. If your main hobby outside of work days is getting drunk, i think that's a form of alcoholism for sure.

Last edited by The exploding boy : 05-31-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #19
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
i knew a bunch of dudes like him that would say dumb shit like that and they'd pass out in a corner after 2 or 3

or they have binge sessions but then they grow out of it once they find a pretty girl that puts up with them

i mean i'm talking about elp, specifically. i lived with a raging 24 year old alcoholic

Old 05-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #20
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

How did that go? (Living with the 24yo)
Nothing better than trying to get a flatmate out of the tub after he managed to vomit, piss and shit simultaneously. Good times.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #21
Trotskilicious
Banned

really fucking terribly. he was popular but a bum. he was drunk all the time and never had a job, then his unemployment ran out and we let him live for 2 mos without paying (and being a dick about it anytime i asked said all i cared about was money etc) and then i said he had one month and at the end of it he said that someone stole half his money (he had about 80 dollars which wasn't enough even if he doubled it) so i threw him out

since he was popular he basically told everyone i was the jerk and my social life never recovered and i sit here today bitter, angry and alone

Old 05-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #22
Elphenor
Braindead

Lol.
No I'm just kind of depressed honestly. Life blows.
Life sucks a lot less when your shitfaced.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:00 AM   #23
Elphenor
Braindead

Did I ever tell you how this girl I was involved with slept with everyone I worked with, turned out to be an ex heroin addict, drank herself Into oblivion and then ran off to Arizona?

I've never seen anything more terrifying in my life.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #24
pavementtune

Last edited by pavementtune : 06-02-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:05 AM   #25
Elphenor
Braindead

I always feel pretty good the next day as long as I can get a little sleep

Old 05-31-2014, 12:20 AM   #26
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I never found fun in drukenness even as a teen.. I'd start feeling pretty nauseated early on, never puked except but once but felt like it a lot. Then the day after it was worse AND i'd have a horrible headache. And as miserable as i am sober, i was worse drunk. It didn't make me happier, and didn't make me better socially.

And anyway, back then i didn't have anxiety problems, now whenever i feel im not 100% in my normal state i panic. Last time i got close to tipsy i didnt like it. So not drunkeness for me.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:31 AM   #27
Elphenor
Braindead

Imagine being afraid of everything.

But then there's this funky tasting liquid that takes that away...

Old 05-31-2014, 12:47 AM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

unfortunately to someone not drunk you're acting like a dick

Old 05-31-2014, 02:44 AM   #29
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I got shitfaced on alcohol and anything else I could get my hands on whenever I could, from age 14 onwards. I've puked more times than I can remember, about half of the times I drank as a teen, I ended up spewing later on.

My limit is three standard drinks. Any more than that and I'm going to feel horrible - but I don't start feeling horrible while I'm drinking the 4th drink noooo that would be too easy. No, usually after the second I'm in the zone and ready to get seriously trashed so I knock back two more and I'm halfway through my fifth when I start to feel ill - then I try to drink through it until I throw up. The alcohol poisoning lasts about 12 hours.

Also, if I drank anything and then smoked weed, I would puke. I had to smoke weed then drink. That way I would not be so manic about drinking and was good to go if anything else was going to be introduced later in the night.

My poor body.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #30
hnibos
Braindead

yeah that about sums up my life.