Apocalyptic Poster

Default Hillary is going down?

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=4269776

Quote:
Clinton Campaign Manager Calls It Quits
Former First Lady's Chief of Staff to Take Over Running Presidential Race
By JAKE TAPPER

Feb. 10, 2008—

Patti Solis Doyle announced that she is stepping down as the campaign manager for the presidential campaign of Sen. Hilary Clinton, D-N.Y., ABC News has learned that this afternoon.

In a note she sent to her staff, Solis Doyle announced that this week Maggie Williams, Clinton's chief of staff when she was first lady, "will begin to assume the duties of campaign manager." Solis Doyle, 42, said she would remain as a senior adviser to the campaign.

Solis Doyle, who has been with Clinton she was first lady of Arkansas, noted that "this has already been the longest Presidential campaign in the history of our nation, and one that has required enormous sacrifices from all of us and our families."

She wrote that she has been "proud to manage this campaign, and prouder still to call Hillary my friend for more than sixteen years. I know that she will make a great President."

The announcement came one day after Clinton's opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., swept four primary contests -- Nebraska, Washington state, Louisiana and the U.S. Virgin Islands -- and two days before the so-called "Potomac Primary" of Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., where Clinton's campaign says they do not expect her to fare well.

In a statement about Solis Doyle, Clinton said she was "enormously grateful for her friendship and her outstanding work" and said she "has done an extraordinary job in getting us to this point -- within reach of the nomination."

Of course, by now Clinton had expected to have secured the nomination. Clinton needs to win the Ohio and Texas contests next month, and Pennsylvania in April, and many in the campaign have more confidence that Williams will be better at ensuring those victories.

After Clinton lost the Iowa caucuses, Williams was brought in to help manage the campaign. Some campaign insiders say the move took power away from Solis Doyle.

Many on the campaign underline that family considerations also played a role in her decision. The mother of two young children, Solis Doyle is like many in the campaign who had expected the nomination fight to have been wrapped up one way or another by Feb. 5, Super Tuesday, and are exhausted and somewhat demoralized to think this struggle might last weeks or even months longer.

In an interview with ABC News' Kate Snow last Summer, Solis Doyle described the difficulty of balancing her family commitments -- she has a 6-year-old son and a 9-year-old daughter -- and her quite demanding job.

"I wake up my kids," she said. "I get them washed. I get them cleaned. I get them fed, you know? I get them ready for school. And then I begin my campaign day at 7:30 with conference call after conference call after conference call. And then, you know, by 9 o'clock, I'm in the office."

Solis Doyle said she would try to make it home for bath time, after which she would return to work online until 2 a.m. She would get up the next morning at 6 a.m.

A graduate of Northwestern University, Solis Doyle started out as Clinton's scheduler in Arkansas, and also served that role for her in the White House.

In 2000, Solis Doyle earned a leadership role in Camp Clinton after being sent from the White House to New York to help steer Clinton's senate campaign towards victory. The child of Mexican immigrants, Solis Doyle is fiercely loyal to Clinton.

Following is the e-mail she sent the campaign at 3:44 p.m. ET:

Over a year ago Hillary launched her campaign for President.

Her announcement began a historic effort that has inspired millions and brought hundreds of thousands to their feet all across this nation.

I have been proud to manage this campaign, and prouder still to call Hillary my friend for more than sixteen years. I know that she will make a great President.

This has already been the longest Presidential campaign in the history of our nation, and one that has required enormous sacrifices from all of us and our families.

During the last month I have been working closely with my longtime friend, Maggie Williams.

This week Maggie will begin to assume the duties of campaign manager. I will serve as a senior adviser to Hillary and the campaign and travel with Hillary from time to time on the road. Maggie is a remarkable person and I am confident that she will do a fabulous job.

Although I will continue to see you all at headquarters, I would be remiss if I didn't thank each of you for your dedication, excellence, and passion over the last year.

You are the best campaign staff in the history of Presidential politics and I am grateful to each of you for your hard work and friendship.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Did anyone see Hillary's LA rally last weekend? It was Hill and only black people on the stage introducing her.

Such great political minds as Magic Johnson introduced her... Magic Johnson? I can't believe he once had a talk show because he can barely speak a coherent sentence. It was such a terrible example of pandering to a minority... but does bringing in Magic Johnson really bring in black voters?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

She's not going anywhere, because she'll win Texas and Ohio in a landslide and kick Obama's ass with those massive delegate counts.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

good lookin out hil' !!!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Thats better than most of the stuff they came out with.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, Obama just won for the 5th consecutive time, this time in Maine with 59%.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Oh hells yeah, he has like...5 more delegates than her now.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #8
jared
Apocalyptic Poster

you must hate andrew sullivan

great thread title btw

Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
The Melty Man
Ownz

What people don't get is that, and pardon me for sounding racist, Obama isn't an African-American, he's an American of African descent, being half Kenyan. I don't know why there's all this hype about him being black. Maybe they should put his policies under the microscope instead of his race, then he could be exposed for the security risk he is.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #10
Kahlo

thread title gives me nightmares

Old 02-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Cup O Mercury
Ownz

I, Cup of Mercury will vote for Clinton in the Virginia Primary. I want her to win the nomination so that McCain can defeat her.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
Kahlo

you, cup of Mercury suck balls

Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
M.Night
Ownz

hillary cries more then the cast of santa barbara

Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster

I hope Hillary loses, a female president would suck. It would be like having a primary school teacher running the country.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
thread title gives me nightmares
Indeed. The mental pictures it conjures are not good.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #16
Caine Walker
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post

Such great political minds as Magic Johnson introduced her... Magic Johnson? I can't believe he once had a talk show because he can barely speak a coherent sentence.
wasn't it called the Magic Hour?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #17
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccririck View Post
I hope Hillary loses, a female president would suck. It would be like having a primary school teacher running the country.
It works out pretty well on Battlestar

Hillary Clinton, "The Airlock President"

Old 02-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #18
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
wasn't it called the Magic Hour?
.. I believe it was actually

Old 02-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #19
Mo
Immortal

So what could happen?
1) Obama fucks up.
2) People get bored with him being the clear favorite for the nomination.
3) The media gets bored with him being the favorite for the nomination.
4) Aliens kill him.
5) Republicans keep on hitting on Hillary, Democrat voters feel sorry for her.
6) Obama loses the five debates against Hillary, 'cause he's good at speaking in front of a huge crowd but sucks at one on one discussions.

Either way I'm still not convinced that they will actually give Obama the nomination. Would be too good to be true.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #20
DougieZero
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Melty Man View Post
I don't know why there's all this hype about him being black.
Where are you seeing this hype because he is black?... He isn't running as a "black candidate".

Maybe you can't get over the fact he is black and you're projecting a little....

Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #21
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Either way I'm still not convinced that they will actually give Obama the nomination. Would be too good to be true.
This is my fear, that it just seems too good of a thing for it to come to pass.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #22
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Number 3 is his biggest problem, theres no way he cant take the position of front runner now.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #23
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup O Mercury View Post
I, Cup of Mercury will vote for Clinton in the Virginia Primary. I want her to win the nomination so that McCain can defeat her.
You're one of those suicide voters I've been hearing about, right?

I'd say something like, "No, don't do it!" but most people wouldn't miss your posts on the Politics board.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #24
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
So what could happen?
1) Obama fucks up.
2) People get bored with him being the clear favorite for the nomination.
3) The media gets bored with him being the favorite for the nomination.
4) Aliens kill him.
5) Republicans keep on hitting on Hillary, Democrat voters feel sorry for her.
6) Obama loses the five debates against Hillary, 'cause he's good at speaking in front of a huge crowd but sucks at one on one discussions.

since they're neck and neck in delegates i'm confused why you're believing the rhetoric about him being a "clear favorite"

Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee View Post
You're one of those suicide voters I've been hearing about, right?

I'd say something like, "No, don't do it!" but most people wouldn't miss your posts on the Politics board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
you, cup of Mercury suck balls

Cup O Mercury is Tchocky's TROLL, DO NOT REPLY TO IT.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #26
zbeast78
Ownz

Oh, I hope that this thread is true. Why would anyone actually look at the choices on their democratic voting card and select Hillary? I really don't get it. Let's go Obama.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #27
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Solid argument.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
She's not going anywhere, because she'll win Texas and Ohio in a landslide and kick Obama's ass with those massive delegate counts.
PA is the state most likely to be a lock for Hillary.

I think Obama has some serious potential in Ohio.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #29
DougieZero
Demi-God

I support Obama, and I know the media loves him... Drudge is trashing Hillary right now... yet...

All she has to do is win Texas and Ohio (and she can)... and it's almost tied again. This is far from over, even if it looks like Obamamania right now.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #30
Mo
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
since they're neck and neck in delegates i'm confused why you're believing the rhetoric about him being a "clear favorite"
At least for me he is right now - winning state by state, with more and more people going out to vote/hear him. He's getting rockstar treatment in the media, though I don't believe that's a very good thing.