Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #61
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

the thing that makes the same setlist idea different this time than from the august tour is that he came right out and said that it would be so.

for the august tour, nobody had any idea at all that he wasn't going to switch songs until like 2 days before the actual show and then on one of those days he allegidly lied and said they would be changing them. People had already purchased multiple night tickets, interested to hear special shows from a band who had given them the impression of wanting to mix it up as they went. I tip my hat to him for at least saying right off the bat just what you get for each show.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #62
Virex Kills
Apocalyptic Poster

I would take 2 entirely different setlists over a vaguely changing setlist any time.

Assuming that shows are 23 songs: if you hit up 2 shows, you're essentially guaranteed to hear 46 different songs, whereas with every other SP tour (as far as I know), going to 2 shows would maybe span 26-29 songs.

Essentially, this is like one big show split over 2 nights. Only the Metro Dec 2000 show comes close to this.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #63
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

This could potentially be very cool. The idea behind the format of the tour sounds like a good one, even if the band's somewhat haphazard logistics (you know, the problems where you're all going, "why the fuck can't they still ever get this right?") do seem like they occasionally leave something to be desired.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:18 AM   #64
toadkat9
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
listen guys, forget this setlist stuff. it's not important compared to MY problem.

the 2 day passes aren't being made available to all 2 day engagements (like boston, my show of choice) and what the fuck? why would you make a statement about the passes and then not let them happen for all shows or, if it's the venues fault for not allowing them, WHY PLAY AT THOSE VENUES?
You guys act as if Billy Corgan himself is booking these shows. Have you forgot that these decisions are made by management / outside agencies trying to work collectively. As God like as everybody likes to think Billy is... he doesn't control 100% of what happens with the Smashing Pumpkins.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:45 AM   #65
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

oh dear

Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #66
Reggaeluv2000
Banned

I wonder if there will be a dvd release eventually for the anniversary shows...
If this was mentioned, my bad...
I didn't feel like sifting through 3 pages...

Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #67
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggaeluv2000 View Post
I wonder if there will be a dvd release eventually for the anniversary shows...
If this was mentioned, my bad...
I didn't feel like sifting through 3 pages...
steady on, lets just wait to see if the residencies dvd comes out on time first

Old 09-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #68
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadkat9 View Post
You guys act as if Billy Corgan himself is booking these shows. Have you forgot that these decisions are made by management / outside agencies trying to work collectively. As God like as everybody likes to think Billy is... he doesn't control 100% of what happens with the Smashing Pumpkins.
i'm pretty sure he hires those people to do the things he wants them to do in his stead. i'm also pretty sure he gets a final pick of the venues they're playing since, ya know, he has to play at them. he may not have 100% control all the time but in the end the final decision comes down to him.

anyway, i've come to the realization that the 2 day bundle is a way of making the expensive shows more accessable for the 2 day format. two shows at nyc before the bundle would have been almost 180 while now they are 93. two shows at boston without the (non-existant) bundle is 110, putting them relatively in the same price range. The only other 2 day show i saw with a pass was canada and i believe it makes them 110 as well.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #69
ChaosEffect
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
Netphorian Mafia UNITE

I heard that Billy Corgan is GAY
He was pretty faggy wasn't he?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #70
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

I think I ate about 5-10 bucks in service charges for the T.O. show because when the tickets went on presale at 10 AM, I refreshed the double-package page for five minutes but got nothing, so I just got each show individually (both seats in same general spot anyway, hell a bit further back might even sound better). Afterwards, I checked the double package and they still weren't on sale. Later on around 4 PM they were available, but not right at 10 AM. I don't know why that happened.

Eh, it was vaguely worth it so I could go back to bed for, like, 40 minutes.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #71
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

bump