Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Angry Let me tell all you worthless hacks something (Adore appreciation thread NO HATERZ)

It's not Adore that's aged poorly.

It's YOU, ya fucking losers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a missed opportunity to inform him that we call him things as various as Wild Bill, Bruce Corgan, BiCorg, Bilco, Barry Borgan, Billiam Fatshit Organ, Bilby Corpsman, Birdy Crogan, Bully Cordon, Burly Curlman, and Willy Billy Catshit Oregon

Old 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

lol can't see post

Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #3
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Adore is really good.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
FoolofaTook

poll?

Old 01-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #5
redbreegull

songs on Adore that score 10/10

To Sheila
Daphne Descends
Once Upon A Time
Crestfallen
Behold! The Nightmare
For Martha
Blank Page

Old 01-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #6
redbreegull

songs on Adore that score below 7/10:

Annie Dog
Appels and Oranjes

Old 01-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #7
Elphenor
Braindead

I like Annie Dog and don't like Crestfallen

well Crestfallen is pretty good

there is something clunky about it though does anyone know what I mean, it's meandering

Old 01-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #8
FoolofaTook

Adore would be perfect if all the lame electronic songs got dropped (ava adore, pug) or reworked into acoutic ballads (perfect, nitemare, tear) and if lmgtwty, czarina, and once in a while were added. that shit would of been better than mcis. just imagine:

To Sheila
Czarina
Perfect
LMGTWTY
Daphne Descends
Crestfallen
Tear
Once in a While
Dusty
Nitemare
Shame
For Martha
Blank Page

A dark, subdued, haunting album. Yes!

Old 01-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #9
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I like Annie Dog and don't like Crestfallen

well Crestfallen is pretty good

there is something clunky about it though does anyone know what I mean, it's meandering
you can like whatever you want as long as you aren't here to be a hater. I don't hate Annie Dog, I just think it's the weakest track on the album.

Crestfallen feels light and airy to me, like a dream. I can see how a lot of these songs came from taking MDMA and mushrooms in Courtney Love's hot tub

Old 01-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #10
FoolofaTook

I love Crestfallen!

Old 01-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #11
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Adore would be perfect if all the lame electronic songs got dropped (ava adore, pug) or reworked into acoutic ballads (perfect, nitemare, tear) and if lmgtwty, czarina, and once in a while were added. that shit would of been better than mcis. just imagine:

To Sheila
Czarina
Perfect
LMGTWTY
Daphne Descends
Crestfallen
Tear
Once in a While
Dusty
Nitemare
Shame
For Martha
Blank Page

A dark, subdued, haunting album. Yes!
Adore wouldn't be right without the electronic elements. They are as much a central part of the album as the acoustic or piano aspect. Czarina is nice but I think it's a lesser song than most on Adore, as is Once in Awhile. They just don't have the emotional heaviness that defines the album. LMGTWTY... well I dunno if this is popular or unpopular, but I honestly think the Adore era version sucks.

The only way to improve the album from my perspective would be to cut a few of the weaker songs to make it slightly more concise. It just drags a bit too long by the time you get to the end. But in actuality, it would be very difficult for me to imagine Adore without even Annie Dog.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #12
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Annie Dog is one of the best tracks on Adore, if not the best

Mostly because it doesn’t suffer from shitty and now outdated production

Adore was the first album where I listened and though ehhhh something is not quite right here

When it came out, I was listening to Air’s Moon Safari and PJ Harvey’s Is This Desire? quite a lot, and both of those are quite exquisitely produced, and made Adore sound like contrived and out of date trash, except for Annie Dog

Old 01-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #13
redbreegull

I don't get the production complaints whatsoever. Adore is gorgeous and lush. The production washes over you like a bitter winter wind, whistling down from the trees. The separation is superb, the mix is phenomenal, the instrumentation on most of the songs is impeccable. And on top of all that, it's by far the best produced Billy's voice has ever been. Just stunningly beautiful production.

Adore production > MCIS production, and I say that in 100% seriousness. MCIS was fucked up until the remaster.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #14
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I guess in isolation from other music of that time, it can be heard that way, but as someone who was 18 in 1998, at that time, with things like Mezzanine and OK Computer in the pop charts, Adore sounded like shit to me, I dunno what to tell you :/

Old 01-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #15
vixnix
Socialphobic

There was so much music that was mind blowing from the first listen that it was too much to ask, to have to crane your brain this way or that to appreciate Adore as lush rather than a cheesy poor imitation of early led zep mixed with outtakes from the pet shop boys

Old 01-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #16
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
imitation of early led zep
what the fuck are you smoking

Old 01-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #17
vixnix
Socialphobic

And then buried within it there was respite from all the poor taste, a raw glimpse of the loneliness and hollow victory of fame, the ability to see those around you for who they really are, so sad and used up now that they’re approaching 30 and beyond and no longer have the glow of youth

Zevon-esque bard special, and all left alone from the Marty Highschooler’s first try with Fruityloops

Old 01-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #18
Elphenor
Braindead

something like Pug feels like the music B Corg was always meant to make

I think Adore doesn't sound like other albums of its time

I've listened to Massive Attack, they're not even a comparable kind of music to what's on Adore

Old 01-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #19
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
what the fuck are you smoking
Yeah in the sense of storytelling and theatrics and guitar solos that nobody was really asking for, I dunno, that’s just what springs to mind tmwhen I think of how I heard it then. Specifically early led zep crossed with pet shop boys outtakes = an unholy union

Old 01-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #20
redbreegull

I've said this so many times also, but from a songwriting and guitar perspective, Adore is a very minor departure from any of Bill's previous music. Most of what changed was the aesthetic and the sonic atmosphere. Instead of sitting in the backseat, Robert Smith's essence got to ride shotgun this time.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:53 PM   #21
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

The mono mix of Adore ownz.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #22
redbreegull

Quote:
Yeah in the sense of storytelling and theatrics and guitar solos that nobody was really asking for, I dunno, that’s just what springs to mind tmwhen I think of how I heard it then. Specifically early led zep crossed with pet shop boys outtakes = an unholy union
You heard multiple guitar solos on Adore? Not sure we're listening to the same Adore.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #23
vixnix
Socialphobic

Massive Attack isn’t comparable music, but Mezzanine came out that same year, so in terms of production, I listened to Adore in amongst other albums that sounded a lot better

Old 01-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #24
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
You heard multiple guitar solos on Adore? Not sure we're listening to the same Adore.
I guess the abomination on For Martha tricked my mind into thinking there were a lot, because that one epic turd = 5 or 6 normal bad guitar solos, I dunno

Old 01-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #25
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Massive Attack isn’t comparable music, but Mezzanine came out that same year, so in terms of production, I listened to Adore in amongst other albums that sounded a lot better
I suppose

just think it's weird to compare a trip hop album to a rock album in terms of what sounds better in production

because what you're looking for from the production is ideally different

Old 01-15-2019, 09:59 PM   #26
redbreegull

smdh

Old 01-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #27
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I think we all just have PTSD from Adore. It really was Billy’s first instance of being woefully out of step with the public and his fans. And we all know where that journey led him.......

Old 01-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #28
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
taking MDMA and mushrooms in Courtney Love's hot tub
oh god, there's an image I didn't wanna imagine

Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #29
Elphenor
Braindead

his vocals do sound very good on Adore and they don't sound like he's leaning on the nasal or various tricks

what's up with that

Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #30
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I think we all just have PTSD from Adore. It really was Billy’s first instance of being woefully out of step with the public and his fans. And we all know where that journey led him.......
did you really want Billy to always give you what you want though

who's the artist here?

seems the real problem is after Adore he became super hurt it wasn't as well received by jackass buttrock fans who would be listening to Limp Bizkit by the end of the 90's or whatever else dumb fad

Machina was good but it was the start of being obsessed with capturing the MCIS level of fandom again