Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Billy should team up with a hot-shit

I really think it's Billy's vocals that are holding back his music from the mainstream success that he so desperately craves. The vocals on Monuments are some of his best of the last several releases, but they still sound kinda strained and really lack a lot of range or dynamics... I guess Billy was never a good singer, but he used to have so much personality and emotion in his tone and delivery that he could get away with it... Now it's just kind of a 1-dimensional whine.

Billy should just form a band with some rock and roll guy with a great set of pipes and write all the music and vocal melodies and and tell the lead singer to do the parts... That way Billy could focus more on his guitar approach and lead licks too.

Just imagine some guy with perfect pitch belting out the one and all melodies effortlessly... It would probably fly to the charts in a hurry. A song like Drum and Fife would probably be a big hit if it was sung by a guy with fundamentally sound vocals too.

Corgans voice is really now just a deal breaker for a lot of people.