Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Default ITT we talk about how we are currently going insane

Should be fun guys!

Ok, here's my insanity. I currently want to leave my job. They've laid off almost the entire company and what's left are a buch of assholes and idiots who I can no longer work with. It is really, really getting to me each day and I've almost quit every day this week. I get sick to my stomach and my heart is racing from my anger....two years ago it was such a great company. So, I live with my parents but usually I am traveling so that usually didn't bother me until recently when I stopped traveling. I need to move out, but I can't afford to live in Jersey. I need to find a job that's outside of Jersey yet I haven't really heard back from that many companies I've applied for. I need to get laid. I need to find a good company. I need to get more friends. I need to move out.

your turn

Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

living paycheck2paycheck drives me insane.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm fucking sick of how I act when I'm drunk.

I need to stop drinking, you know, for rowing season, but I kinda want to just get drunk and not do anything stupid (read: girls) just to prove that I can.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Toby

lets hear some examples, zekix

Old 02-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
bardy
Immortal

do you want me to hook you up with a job, dude?

Old 02-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

I've only managed to get drunk - without making out with someone - once or twice. Basically last night I threw a party and this girl came who likes me and yep we started to get it on. Then I got drunker, totally forgot about her, and started getting it on with this other (ugly) girl. Shitty move on my part, especially cos the first girl liked me.

I'm turning into Adam.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
Toby

there is no harm in getting drunk and making out with random people. if you took that part out of a night out then you're taking an integral part of drinking away.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Toby

stop it, craig.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #9
Toby

something about wearing a bra

Old 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
there is no harm in getting drunk and making out with random people. if you took that part out of a night out then you're taking an integral part of drinking away.
Yeah. It wouldn't have been an issue if I hadn't gone from one girl to the next. Ahhh.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
bardy
Immortal

I am irrationally angry at everythign right now. moreso than usual. I think I need a hug.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
wangcomputers
Apocalyptic Poster

My situation is similar to yours dave.

Really want to get out of my job. I work in a firm that's purportedly the no.1 residential conveyancing firm in the UK. But I think one of the reasons why that is, is because their employees get crap wages for the work they do. I’m not being recognised for my obvious superiority and I'm loathing it more and more each day. But the sooner I leave the less experience I can say I have, which is the only reason I'm staying, and well, and I have a few decent friends there.
I’ve been unjustly reprimanded recently too, which is bullshit. I want to move into a completely different area, but the problem with that is that your previous employment won't really help you try something new.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #13
Lucy Sky Diamonds
Braindead

Location: No Canada like French Canada, it's the best Canada in ze land.

Yesterday I packed up my desk and moved all my work stuff downstairs to my new office. kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Actually I'm not going insane, nevermind.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #14
Toby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekix
gone from one girl to the next.
http://users.bentonrea.com/~sdawsey/...igh%20Five.JPG

Old 02-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Well, let's see: I have next to no money and to make things worse I just found out my boss is leaving which most likely will cost me my job. Since I pay for school by myself, this might be a bit of a problem. I had no luck during late registration to get into one of the two psych courses I need to graduate, I have to beg the professor of the psych course I had to drop last semester to let me into his class which I absolutely hated. I hardly sleep at all, partly because the leg I fell on (and had broken previously) still hurts something awful and also because the subject of my restraining order is about five seconds away from me calling the police on his creepy ass. To cap things off, my seizure medication is not as effective as it used to be and I can't switch the prescription until I see my doctor who has a three week wait for an appointment. I was close to being able to possibly get my license back which, ironically, would make it a hell of a lot easier getting to my doctor's office for an appointment. GAH.

Other than that, everything is peachy.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

This will get me flamed, but whatever.

The only thing that is bothering me right now is a retirement account set up as a UGMA with about $130,000 in a fund I do not fully believe in. However, it's my wife's and I currently have no control over the assets within it. I want to purchase about $20,000 in I Bonds, but can't! Goddamn it's driving me crazy.

Good luck on the job hunt - I just recently went through your situation, quit cold turkey in October and didn't get a job until January. It was the greatest decision I've made since asking Kathryn to marry me. At our age, working in a situation that is harmful is not worth - we have years to build an estate, a family and a career. There is no reason to sacrifice happiness today for a situation that you are no pleased with.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #17
morphinebitch
Apocalyptic Poster

frustrated with the drama and gossip at work (i work at a fuckin car wash, for pete's sake) and dealing with anal rich car people all day. can't leave, though. since i'm buying a car, which means i need the money. it's the best paying job i can get right now.

kyle (boyfriend)'s van keeps breaking down and causing a lot of stress, and he needs a new job but isn't having any luck, and a ton of other things that're stressing me out as well as him.

i also have no idea what i want to do for the rest of my life.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #18
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipbrj
do you want me to hook you up with a job, dude?

I appreciate the pm

and Dan, your post sums up my situation quite well. Another problem that I am finding is that I am kind of in between levels. I am not quite at a project manager level because I haven't had enough office experience but I am beyond entry level.

and sppunk, thanks man

Old 02-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
Toby

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinebitch
i also have no idea what i want to do for the rest of my life.
the car wash sounds pretty nice.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #20
bornentertainer
Apocalyptic Poster

Well I moved from Santa Barbara to the Bay Area in October, and I really want to move back because I miss my boyfriend so much. My application for Cal State Hayward is due on the 10th and I'm really torn on whether I should apply there or apply to Cal State Northridge. I have to make this decision in a couple days.

So yesterday I'm walking around the mall feeling sorry for myself because I'm seeing a ton of couples act all cutesy with each other, and I'm depressed because I don't have that more that a few days a month.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #21
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

I'm currently going insane. I've been feeling like life was going to suck for the rest of my life, then I met an awesome girl and it gave me hope that life could be good, then she left and now I'm losing hope again. That's my story.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #22
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekix
I'm fucking sick of how I act when I'm drunk.

I need to stop drinking, you know, for rowing season, but I kinda want to just get drunk and not do anything stupid (read: girls) just to prove that I can.
do you realize last night was the first night we've ever been drunk together? crazy!

Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #23
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornentertainer
Well I moved from Santa Barbara to the Bay Area in October, and I really want to move back because I miss my boyfriend so much. My application for Cal State Hayward is due on the 10th and I'm really torn on whether I should apply there or apply to Cal State Northridge. I have to make this decision in a couple days.

So yesterday I'm walking around the mall feeling sorry for myself because I'm seeing a ton of couples act all cutesy with each other, and I'm depressed because I don't have that more that a few days a month.
CSUN and Hayward blow equally FYI.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #24
bornentertainer
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
CSUN and Hayward blow equally FYI.

Well I went to UCSB so any Cal State will probably be a downgrade, but I will only be in school for a year, so it's more about northern vs. southern california than the actual merits of the schools.

I've never seen Northridge, but Hayward is supremely ghetto.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #25
Mayfuck
Banned

Yeah I meant both towns are pretty bad. Northridge is in the very suburbanish region of LA.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #26
Toby

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofromeo
do you realize last night was the first night we've ever been drunk together? crazy!
did he kiss you

Old 02-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #27
bornentertainer
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by North
both of those areas totally suck. why is it between those?

I'm currently living in the bay area for the purpose of free rent and stuff so I can save money. That and my family and friends are here.

Southern California because that's where my boyfriend lives. He can't move anywhere else right now.

After school is done, then we can live wherever we want. But there is no way I'm paying out of state tuition to get my teaching credential.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #28
bornentertainer
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by North
oh so you wont be moving if you go to hayward. fair enough. i just wouldnt choose hayward over any schools up here if i was moving to a new area
Yeah, well if I was getting my master's in something, I would apply to Berkeley or maybe SF State or something, but since it's only for my credential, it's not that big a deal.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #29
saferkefka
Demi-God

i start therapy on the 10th. the 10th also happens to be fourth year anniversary of my moms death. i've found a girl that makes me feel like a giddy 13 yearold boy. yeah....

Old 02-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #30
bardy
Immortal

There is this period from when I first meet someone until when they start to see the bad side of me that is really fucking awesome. I wish I could live in that time period.