Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #31
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

If you weren't picking on me and I am being defensive for no reason then I apologize to u, duo.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #32
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

And if you're not then WHY WERENT YOU CAMPAIGNING IN YOUR DUMB LITTLE STATE, duo??!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #33
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Let's not lose sight of who is really to blame here.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #34
LaBelle
Socialphobic

We're living in the darkest timeline

Old 11-09-2016, 07:45 AM   #35
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I used my lunch break to vote a straight democratic ticket and also bring another hillary voter that didn't have a car/walked to wrong polling location and would otherwise not vote and also no on crasinos and yes on the other one, and for the 3 uncontested board of education folks. So no "wasted vote" here. The pic I posted is from the district I work in but not the one I vote in. Idk who did those write ins if you're asking. So I didn't campaign for her but it's not like my state dropped the ball or something.
Oh okay.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #36
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I had (past tense) one friend who spent all night tonight on FB bragging about voting against Clinton for "payback" for beating sanders in the primary.
i voted third party because i initially voted for bernie in the primaries. the manipulation on the part of the dnc to get hillary nominated was obvious so why would i vote for that person?

you don't get to use me as a scapegoat; it's the dnc's fault that trump won. but the only good news is this will last 4 years (please please please, i hope); a clinton presidency would have lasted 8.

i'm looking forward, actually, to what happens next because this is a huge wakeup call that can't be ignored under yet another political bandaid.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 11-09-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #37
yo soy el mejor

i bet facebook is so crazy right now

Old 11-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #38
Disco King
Minion of Satan

On the one hand, I hope this is a wake-up call to the Democrats that they actually need to be a party of the left again instead of just the right-wing corporatist party that isn't as crazy as the other right-wing corporatist party.

On the other hand, I'd be a lot more comfortable with the Dems losing an election and learning from it if it weren't such a critical time. The Republicans can fuck a lot of shit up right now, especially with Supreme Court justice appointments. Yay, another half-century until the U.S. has a chance to not be fucked up.

Since a lot of Republicans were anti-Trump, I'm hoping Congress puts a check on him, but I doubt that they will. Republicans were distancing themselves from Trump because they thought Trump was unelectable and would hurt the rest of the party by association. Since he's been elected, they don't need to do that anymore, and I think Republicans that were criticizing him will suddenly become his best buds. Maybe some won't, because some of these people have principles, or just a lot of personal animosity toward him, but I suspect a majority will be unabashed Trumperies.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #39
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Old 11-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #40
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i voted third party because i initially voted for bernie in the primaries. the manipulation on the part of the dnc to get hillary nominated was obvious so why would i vote for that person?

you don't get to use me as a scapegoat; it's the dnc's fault that trump won. but the only good news is this will last 4 years (please please please, i hope); a clinton presidency would have lasted 8.

i'm looking forward, actually, to what happens next because this is a huge wakeup call that can't be ignored under yet another political bandaid.
this happened in 2000 and there was no magical left wing wake up call. thinking that you're somehow punishing the DNC is like burning down your own neighborhood to teach them a lesson.

It has never worked that way. And it never will.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #41
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Hitler was on the ballot and a small number of people decided it's more important to teach the party running against him a lesson.

Good luck with that.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #42
yo soy el mejor

oh, well. not much i can do about that then, huh.

i didn't vote the way i did to stick it to anyone or teach a lesson so quit insisting i must have. voting is personal.

don't worry, scottie. even though trump is president, you'll be okay.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 11-09-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:57 AM   #43
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

What to expect in the next 4 years:

6-8 seat conservative majority on the Supreme Court for another generation
Repeal of same sex marriage by new Supreme Court
Abortion and some other forms of birth control will be outlawed by the Court
ACA repealed. 15 million people will lose health care.
End of Social Security, possibly Medicare as well
Dakota Access Pipeline will be completed. There is now no one in Washington who can stop it.
Repeal of Clean Air Act
Probably see abolition of one or more Cabinet Level agencies (like EPA)

etc etc etc.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #44
Elphenor
Braindead

But the country is at its most liberal ever the dnc said so

Old 11-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #45
Disco King
Minion of Satan

What's the deal with "pantsuits"? Don't all suits have pants? Having multiple pieces is precisely what makes something a suit. A suit jacket worn à la carte is not a suit, it's a weird thing people who don't know what proper blazers or sports coats do when they think they're being "classy" and "dressing something up."

A pantsuit is a suit, is it not?

Old 11-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #46
Disco King
Minion of Satan

These are the questions this election has left me with. These are all I have now.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #47
iB0lly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Hitler was on the ballot and a small number of people decided it's more important to teach the party running against him a lesson.

Good luck with that.
It is seriously time for you to get cancer and die. Like, I'm not even joking a little bit or just trying to get attention. I really think the best thing that could happen is for you to go through a really prolonged illness until you become worm food you piece of shit walking condom break of a mistake.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #48
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Trump is President because Hillary isa boring establishment figure who's past her sell by date and seems to like telling random porkies to get attention.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #49
myosis
Minion of Satan

scotty doesn't understand that those people who voted third-party would not vote for Clinton either way. it's like their vote is an automatic anti-Trump and therefore should have gone to his democrat opponent.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #50
myosis
Minion of Satan

but they still chose to exercise their democratic right, unlike 50% of the population.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #51
myosis
Minion of Satan

but scotty thinks their vote doesn't belong to them, rather they belong to him and to his choice of candidate.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #52
yo soy el mejor

right?! it's offensive.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #53
iB0lly
Banned

Scottys wife (and I use the term wife loosely) probably tells him how smart he is to make him feel better, but the truth is that he and his ilk are stupid as shit. Not only are they responsible for Trunp becoming president, but they have been holding back the progressive cause with their idiotic way of thinking through things for decades. These Clinton sheep are a disgrace to everything that they claim to be for, and the sooner that they can die off or better yet, be included with Trump's deportation plan, the faster we can get to a truly progressive and thoughtful country.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #54
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Can anyone tell me what is actually wrong with Trump becoming president? You may not like the man but he might actually do a good job. You're stuck with him now so you better hope he does. God bless y'all.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #55
iB0lly
Banned

Petition to ban scotty, not from netphoria, but from the US. Let the Clinton sheep try their shit strategy in Greece or some shit.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #56
iB0lly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
Can anyone tell me what is actually wrong with Trump becoming president? You may not like the man but he might actually do a good job. You're stuck with him now so you better hope he does. God bless y'all.
And exactly how is taking away health insurance for 20 mil and starting up coal power plants going to lay the seeds for doing a good job?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #57
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iB0lly View Post
And exactly how is taking away health insurance for 20 mil and starting up coal power plants going to lay the seeds for doing a good job?
Well in his victory speech he said he wanted to be a president for all americans, so let's wait and see.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #58
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Rights being taken away from those that need it the most.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #59
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
Well in his victory speech he said he wanted to be a president for all americans, so let's wait and see.
You're allowed to think he'll be a good president, I guess, but couldn't your reason be something other than "he said so"?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #60
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
What's the deal with "pantsuits"? Don't all suits have pants? Having multiple pieces is precisely what makes something a suit. A suit jacket worn à la carte is not a suit, it's a weird thing people who don't know what proper blazers or sports coats do when they think they're being "classy" and "dressing something up."

A pantsuit is a suit, is it not?
a pantsuit is just what some people call a suit when a lady wears it...almost like when people call a bun a man-bun when it's on a man's head.