Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #211
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
geez surely you can find a less pricey sushi place though
The sake bombs drive it up. I can't walk out of a Japanese restaurant without a sapporo or three with some sake. and by then I'm buzzed enough to order like 5 more pieces of sashimi.

raw fish... srs business

Old 11-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #212
Order 66
Socialphobic

I got a zojirushi rice cooker and it makes perfect sushi rice. Otherwise it's really hard (imo) to do it from scratch without lots of practice. I'm just interested in homemade sashimi but those rice cookers go a long way

Old 11-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #213
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

zojirushi make the best stuff. I have a massive thermos made by them, it holds probably 2L of hot water and has a special pump lid to make it easy to serve hot water. The water stays hot for like 24 hours, it's amazing. It even has a swivel base so that if you're sitting on opposite sides of the table, you can just swivel it around. So much thought has gone into its design. Wish I had a good rice cooker. My old flatmate had taken a school trip to Japan and bought her rice cooker there, I think the brand was Domo. It made amazing rice, but I still couldn't get it to taste quite right.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #214
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
The sake bombs drive it up. I can't walk out of a Japanese restaurant without a sapporo or three with some sake. and by then I'm buzzed enough to order like 5 more pieces of sashimi.

raw fish... srs business
word, I understand and respect your choices.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #215
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Making sushi rice is about as challenging as preparing toast. Not sure where all the difficulties are being encountered, here.

Wash the absolute fuck out of it before cooking for maximum stickiness and don't go overboard with the rice vinegar or else that flavor will override all others.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #216
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Yeah but you don't want to go too light on the seasoning, either. That's what I find tricky. I hate it when it's too sweet or too salty, and if you use too much vinegar it affects the stickiness, but I hate it when it's under seasoned as well, and just like bland gluggy stodge wrapped around the filling. I'm sure there's a recommended ratio, but I hadn't stumbled across it back when I used to make it.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #217
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I usually buy japanese rice and cook it in a way that it gets sticky, just because I prefer that to super dry rice.
Just not used to this seasoning, but I guess the first time won't be the best, which is fine. I'll get it right eventually.

This weekend I make my own goddamn sushi!

Old 11-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #218
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Having one of those rolling mats will make life easier, for the record.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #219
SOUL PWR
Banned

Hi guys I'm new and have a mad men avatar.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:11 PM   #220
vixnix
Socialphobic

place bets now

Old 11-25-2015, 11:33 PM   #221
D.
Consume my pants.

great. we lose sj, trots, and euls and now we get a flood of stupid fucking trolls.

so stoked for this wave of low-information assholes.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:37 PM   #222
SOUL PWR
Banned

oh man i hate trolls.

buncha low-information assholes.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:51 PM   #223
D.
Consume my pants.

i got some evan williams egg nog and i am slowly giving no fucks toniiiiight

my inner motherfucker will probably come out tonight if i'm on netphoria in a couple of hours

Old 11-26-2015, 12:21 AM   #224
buzzard
Minion of Satan

There was a point at which those little troll toys became popular enough that it spawned a line of action figures. I had a few.

http://i.imgur.com/7u5toUz.jpg?1

I don't remember them looking quite so terrible and cheap, though I doubt a higher build quality could have saved them from the fire I built.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:23 AM   #225
redbreegull

I just found out that tonight is known as Blackout Wednesday cause you're supposed to drink til you drop. Sounds like my kind of thing but I was previously unaware. Got no beers, but I do have a cabinet full of liquor.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #226
Order 66
Socialphobic

to me it's cirrhosis wednesdays. and by that i mean everyday

Old 11-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #227
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i bought a 9 pack of some of those can bottle things of coors like 2 months ago. i still have 6 or 7 of them. bout to pop one open. #livingontheedge

Old 11-26-2015, 12:54 AM   #228
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
to me it's cirrhosis wednesdays. and by that i mean everyday

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
i mean if she didnt want to be buried, raised, and killed over and over again she shouldnt have worn that miniskirt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:55 AM   #229
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

#1 ultimate boozin playlist

Land Down Under
Spill the Wine
Roundabout
I'm Your Captain
Africa

Old 11-26-2015, 12:59 AM   #230
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

in class today i got a panic attack, but i actually was able to control it. i wasn't particularly anxious and was listening to the professor and suddenly couldn't hear what he was saying, and becoming disoriented a bit, got that rising anxiety feeling (the worst feeling in the world when it's severe enough, this time luckily it wasn't too too bad) and thought looping and i was like fuckkkkk this bad. funny how i forget how bad it is when i haven't had one for a while. seriously the worst shit.

so i sat there for a few minutes trying not to draw attention to myself, got up and left, went to the bathroom, did some breathing. went back into class, about 10 minutes later i was basically back to normal and was able to participate in the pig dissection. no one had an clue i just had a panic attack! wtf this therapy shit works

Old 11-26-2015, 12:59 AM   #231
vixnix
Socialphobic

I have both kids home sick, it's 37 degrees outside, and it's 4pm. I have no mixers, just whiskey, gin and chilled slav blanc. Am also stepping down my dosage of Cymbalta and feeling like shit. Hit the wine: Y/N?

Old 11-26-2015, 01:00 AM   #232
vixnix
Socialphobic

mother's helper

Old 11-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #233
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
in class today i got a panic attack, but i actually was able to control it. i wasn't particularly anxious and was listening to the professor and suddenly couldn't hear what he was saying, and becoming disoriented a bit, got that rising anxiety feeling (the worst feeling in the world when it's severe enough, this time luckily it wasn't too too bad) and thought looping and i was like fuckkkkk

so i sat there for a few minutes trying not to draw attention to myself, got up and left, went to the bathroom, did some breathing. went back into class, about 10 minutes later i was basically back to normal and was able to participate in the pig dissection. no one had an clue i just had a panic attack! wtf this therapy shit works
That's awesome, must feel great to know you can regain control like that.

I know exactly what you mean about anxiety rising being the worst feeling in the world. Glad it turned out OK today!! Have a celebratory Coors lite

Old 11-26-2015, 01:04 AM   #234
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i think combination of stress, recently taking more wellbutrin, and the prednisone taper i'm on for my recent asthma exasterbation. the rest of the day though i had energy it was great, this is how i used to be a lot more. this semester has really been hard for me motivation/energy wise, but i think upping the meds is helping me. not only school, but at home letting cleaning slack, not cooking food, etc. just some depression sneaking in there. hopefully i've now kicked it out

Old 11-26-2015, 01:09 AM   #235
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I have both kids home sick, it's 37 degrees outside, and it's 4pm. I have no mixers, just whiskey, gin and chilled slav blanc. Am also stepping down my dosage of Cymbalta and feeling like shit. Hit the wine: Y/N?
forget the whine and hit the whiskey

Old 11-26-2015, 01:09 AM   #236
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
uhh i mean i kinda want to say no here cuz i dont want to encourage drinking while on psych meds, especially while changing dosages but i'd do it so yolo etc

Quote:
That's awesome, must feel great to know you can regain control like that.

I know exactly what you mean about anxiety rising being the worst feeling in the world. Glad it turned out OK today!! Have a celebratory Coors lite
thanks yes that feeling is terrible. suddenly being so disoriented and anxious and thinking that people can see that you are freaking out and it starts looping in your mind and i even getting a feeling of a visual loop. all of a sudden critical thinking is not only impossible but trying makes the anxiety worse, and god help you if you DO draw attention to yourself, paranoia overdrive

Old 11-26-2015, 01:20 AM   #237
SOUL PWR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
in class today i got a panic attack, but i actually was able to control it. i wasn't particularly anxious and was listening to the professor and suddenly couldn't hear what he was saying, and becoming disoriented a bit, got that rising anxiety feeling (the worst feeling in the world when it's severe enough, this time luckily it wasn't too too bad) and thought looping and i was like fuckkkkk this bad. funny how i forget how bad it is when i haven't had one for a while. seriously the worst shit.

do you get irritable bowel syndrome as a side effect of your high anxiety and panic attacks? just wondering because I know some people always get severe diarrhea whenever they have those problems. and you ran to the bathroom, so...

Old 11-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #238
Punisher
Pledge

10 minutes later and everyone dies

Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 AM   #239
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I used to, but not anymore. I did feel a bit like I might have an episode but I really just went as a way to talk to myself out loud without anyone hearing me

I had undiagnosed and untreated high anxiety without panic attacks from about 8-19 years old, had IBS the entire time, shit my brains out after every meal, not sure how i lived. then at 19ish i started having panic attacks along with the anxiety but i also started taking painkillers recreationally which "cured" my IBS. after i got completely clean of opiates a couple years later i started a probiotic routine along with psych meds that mostly keep me from getting diarrhea. once in a while i get it, like the first presentation in a new class or an important meeting. but not like before, oh god

Old 11-26-2015, 01:31 AM   #240
SOUL PWR
Banned

Good to know it's not just me. I used to shit myself silly. I'm good now though. Now I poop mostly for pleasure.