Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #61
Eulogy
huh

..but once Staal comes back, Letestu's numbers will drop, right? bah i dunno.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #62
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Stars were the last undefeated team of the season. Hah!

Lehtonen is playing like a beast, but even the best goalie can't handle seeing 40 shots a night. Our D sucks fucking ass.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #63
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

Hossa again lighting it up for the Hawks. Good game tonight.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #64
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I've had johnson playing on my team for 3 games now and i've just dropped him... he won't take the #1 away from fleury... how many more games he'll get though is uncertain.

letestu is a great C. If your league counts faceoff wins he's a good add. 7 points in 7 games is amazing plus he's on the power play.... and yeah having too many players on one team can screw you at times.

If you have a farm team for your league definitely pick him up, I have him in a few leagues.
The only guys I have winning faceoffs right now are Spezza and Filppula. Probably won't be enough most weeks. What sucks is that Malkin is listed as a C even though he's not playing it. I don't know why that can't be adjusted.

I'm also kind of worried about my goaltending situation. Right now I have Vokoun, Anderson, and Bobrovsky. Goalies count for five of fifteen categories, which I think is too many. I think I might suggest that goalie wins/losses be taken out. It doesn't make a ton of sense to have that in there, I don't think.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #65
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
how about kopecky... keeping his streak alive.... 8 points 7 games.
for real. Kaner is five straight with points and Sharp has bulk of points these last few games.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #66
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
i too hope malkin gets wing eligibility soon. Yahoo sports seems to pick whoever they want to get dual positions. Bobby ryan doesn't play center at all in the season but he played once in training camp and boom now he has it. Pisses me off they aren't more consistent. I would be looking for another C to give you face off wins for sure. I love getting wingers who get face offs ie. backes, pavelski.

How many teams are in your league? with goalie stats taking 33.33% of the overall stats, I think that's fine for a H2H league. I've been in different leagues where goalies are more valuable, but having 2 solid starters and one great back goalie should be alright for you. BOB has been stellar for the flyers and I believe he is the better option for them instead of boucher & leighton. Both of those goalies were backups on other teams before. Bobrovski is nabokov 2.0 IMO but he is a rookie.
It's a ten-team league. I won pretty comfortably last week. And last night gave me a nice start out of the gate. I might be alright. I just don't see the Panthers/Avs/Flyers winning consistently enough to allow me to win the Goalie wins category. But I guess I can just throw that out and try to win the other four.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #67
Mooney
Socialphobic

the rangers are an entire line of talented forwards and about three solid d away from being a competitive team. i'm going to lose a bet with a leafs fan. gross. sather unloaded gomez and redden. if he could do the same with drury and rozival, they have'd like 16mil to work with.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #68
Mooney
Socialphobic

generally contenders have their starting goaltender set in stone, do they not? what potential team do you see willing to give up assets for voukoun at the deadline?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #69
Mooney
Socialphobic

is he in the last year of his contract? if so, i suppose he could go anywhere for like a third-round pick at the deadline.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #70
Mooney
Socialphobic

Quote:
I'm not sure if he is or not, but he is worth a lot more than a 3rd round pick.
he is if he is dealt this fall, but he is a UFA this spring, and the price for loaners come march isn't all that high.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:52 AM   #71
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

XPost from the picture thread.... Lightning in first place woot woot. Awesome game in Atlanta from the 5th row and then on the boards. Guy Boucher is the man.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/meandguy.jpg

Old 10-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #72
Eulogy
huh

LOLOL

Two SH goals on the same PP? Way to go, OCA.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #73
Mooney
Socialphobic

avery ties it up! wooo!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #74
Eulogy
huh

Fleury still looks bad. real bad.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #75
Eulogy
huh

holy fuck lovejoy just got depantsed by st. louis

Old 10-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #76
Mooney
Socialphobic

fuck, i hate sports.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #77
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
LOLOL

Two SH goals on the same PP? Way to go, OCA.
Yeah it's going to be that kind of year... lots of ups and downs though I can't argue with the win. If nothing else the Bolts are going to keep things exciting. If we're still well in the mix around Christmas I'll be curious to see if Stevie Y pulls the trigger on a trade for a goaltender. He has said repeatedly that he won't rob organizational depth and wants to build the team "The Detroit Way" though if we could package together some picks/prospects to VAN for Schneider I'd be all for it.

Other observations from the game... it's hard not to have a non-sexual man crush on Martin St. Louis. I imagine if I ever have a son I'll watch tapes of Marty with him and point out that Marty plays hockey exactly the way it should be played. Goddamn it's great to have a team to be excited about again.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #78
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
holy fuck lovejoy just got depantsed by st. louis
Marty hasn't lost a step and it's remarkable. He's been flying around all season. Sean Bergenheim has impressed as well. It seems like he's on a breakaway every other game.

Since we're talking about the game... what's up with Malkin? He looked completely disinterested and lost at times.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #79
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post

Since we're talking about the game... what's up with Malkin? He looked completely disinterested and lost at times.
he seems to do this every once in a while. it's doubly frustrating because he was my #1 fantasy pick. i imagine he'll emerge from his doldrums at some point. but he just wasn't involved in anything.

i couldn't really be mad about that loss though. the pens just botched a couple plays and the lightning looked really good at points.

that first goal fleury let in cannot happen though. yeesh.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #80
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:

that first goal fleury let in cannot happen though. yeesh.
I felt the same way about a few of the goals Smitty let in. It's inexcusable to let a puck get between your arm and body on a shot from above the faceoff dots. We're going to win and lose plenty of games 5-4 / 4-5

Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #81
Eulogy
huh

pens look bad again tonight. very streaky so far this year.

and of course brent johnson stops being awesome right after i pick him up for my fantasy team : x

Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #82
Eulogy
huh

5 on 3 for 1:37. nothing.

0-25 on the PP in this stretch. wow.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #83
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

I love this game.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...allasStars.jpg

Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #84
Eulogy
huh

i guess you have to pick your spots when you miss the playoffs every year

booooom

oh well. bad game by the pens. bad call on the penalty shot. bad goaltending on the penalty shot.

and also, fuck Brendan Morrow for starting a fight with a guy with a fractured hand.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #85
Eulogy
huh

WHO ALSO HAPPENS TO BE MY BOYFRIEND.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #86
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

lulz.

Seriously though, what the hell is happening in this game? Stars and Penguins only play each other once a year, they're playing like they're division rivals or some shit.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #87
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Also, last season was the first season in a while they didn't make the playoffs >.>

Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #88
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
Also, last season was the first season in a while they didn't make the playoffs >.>
Uhhhhhhh except for the season before last season

Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #89
Eulogy
huh

but i'm giving up on this game. watching south park instead. i'll hope for better things friday.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #90
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Eer yeah. I forgot Tippett's last season. I like to forget that happened. Morrow busted knee, Richards broken hand, then broken wrist the game he comes back, Ott broken hand, Robidas broken face.... yeah.