Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #181
Starla

If they're letting you, why not me too?

Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #182
Eulogy
huh

because I generally refrain from posting when I have nothing to add aside from snarky and nonsensical one-liners

Old 05-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #183
Starla

Why don't you pull that fucking corn cob out your ass Eulogy? Might help if you lighten the load a little bit.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #184
Eulogy
huh

Sorry I just picture you in an empty boarded up shack in the woods with a tinfoil hat and a shotgun.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #185
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Sorry I just picture you in an empty boarded up shack in the woods with a tinfoil hat and a shotgun.
Are you blowing some dude you just met outside of it?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #186
Eulogy
huh

Well in a perfect world, yes.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #187
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
At least I have somewhere to hide when the police state happens, and people are being hauled off to the preventative detention centers.

With that in mind:

Is it legal to shoot GOV workers for tresspassing on your property in MT? - Montana - City-Data Forum

Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #188
Joe
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
At least I have somewhere to hide when the police state happens, and people are being hauled off to the preventative detention centers.

With that in mind:

Is it legal to shoot GOV workers for tresspassing on your property in MT? - Montana - City-Data Forum
you prob shouldnt belive everything you hear on talk radio.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #189
Starla

There's not much else to do. Thousands of people up here lost power because of a beaver last night.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #190
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Yours?

Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #191
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Yours?

Beaver blamed for Missoula area power outage - KPAX - Missoula, Montana - News, Weather, Sports -

Old 06-13-2009, 04:40 AM   #192
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Obama Admin: I'll repeal DOMA at some point...just let me defend it in court and undermine any justification for repealing it first.

Justice defends DOMA

President Obama called the Defense of Marriage Act "abhorrent" on the campaign trail and won praise from gay rights advocates for promising to reverse the whole act, not just one section.

But for now, Americablog finds, his Justice Department is defending it as the law of the land — and defending it forcefully, with analogies to incest and child marriage.

The government's motion to dismiss is below; here's John Aravosis:

It's pretty despicable. And before Obama claims he didn't have a choice, he had a choice. Bush, Reagan and Clinton all filed briefs in court opposing current federal law as being unconstitutional (we'll be posting more about that later). Obama could have done the same. But instead he chose to defend DOMA, denigrate our civil rights, go back on his promises, and contradict his own statements that DOMA was "abhorrent."

---

Obama DOJ lies to Politico in defending hate brief against gays

...And putting that little bit of religious right messaging aside, even if they "had" to file the brief against us, why didn't they just file a brief that argued the technicalities about why the case should have been thrown out (e.g., the plaintiffs had no standing)? No, what Obama did was throw the legal kitchen sink at us in a brief that could have been written by Antonin Scalia. They argued that DOMA is constitutional. Worse yet, they argue that it was a reasonable, rational, good law that actually saves the government money. They argued that DOMA wasn't motivated by hate. That DOMA doesn't discriminate against gays one bit because, apparently, gays can get married if they want... well, if they want to marry straight people of the opposite gender. They invoked Loving v. VA, the miscegenation case, and argued how it doesn't apply to gay marriage, undercutting the entire basis of our civil rights movement - saying that our civil rights are not akin, are not as worth, not as real, as the civil rights of blacks and other minorities. They went out of their way to try to diminish the legal impact of our two big Supreme Court victories, Roemer and Lawrence - that will have implications on every future civil rights battle we fight.

No. The Obama administration didn't just lie to Politico, Obama lied to our community, or he lied to the court. But you don't publicly call yourself a "fierce advocate" for gay rights, and then compare married gays to incest. You don't make your first official legal statement on gay rights an outright attack on the underpinnings of our entire civil rights.

Our president had a choice. And he chose to throw us under the bus, and then knife us for good measure.

PS And here's another lie from the Justice spokesman:

The president has said he wants to see a legislative repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act because it prevents LGBT couples from being granted equal rights and benefits.

In fact, Obama argued last night that DOMA does not deny gays any rights or benefits:

Rights

In short, then, the failure in this manner to recognize a certain subset of marriages that are recognized by a certain subset of States cannot be taken as an infringement on plaintiffs' rights, even if same-sex marriage were accepted as a fundamental right under the Constitution.... DOMA, understood for what it actually does, infringes on no one's rights, and in all events it infringes on no right that has been constitutionally protected as fundamental, so as to invite heightened scrutiny.

Benefits

[G]ay and lesbian individuals who unite in matrimony are denied no federal benefits to which they were entitled prior to their marriage; they remain eligible for every benefit they enjoyed beforehand...

DOMA does not discriminate against homosexuals in the provision of federal benefits. To the contrary, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is prohibited in federal employment and in a wide array of federal benefits programs by law, regulation, and Executive order.

You see, this is the problem with what Obama did to our community last night. He can talk all he wants about helping us get our civil rights (well, in fact, notice the Justice spokesman said nothing about Obama actually helping us get DOMA repealed), but the Obama administration's own word will now be used against us, and against him, if he ever deigns to actually fulfill even one promise to our community.

---------------

Hes getting a jump on his 2012 pandering I guess. Oops, Obama doesnt pander, I meant move to the middle.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #193
Eulogy
huh

oh he's been an absolute joke with doma and dadt. which i KNEW HE WOULD BE, FUCK.

hate to say i told you so, assholes. BUT HILLARY'S SUCH A BITCH I DON'T TRUST HER!!@!##@#$!@

Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #194
Debaser
ghost

that doma defense is probably the worst shit by Obama by far. too bad the media doesn't give a shit.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #195
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Talking

I don't see why anyone's surprised at Obama's policies towards homosexuals, what with the way most other Muslims feel about them and all.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #196
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
I don't see why anyone's surprised at Obama's policies towards homosexuals, what with the way most other Muslims feel about them and all.
win.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #197
Nimrod's Son

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly - Yahoo! News

obama = jerk!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #198
Nimrod's Son

http://www.faithmouse.com/giclee_fallout_unicorn.jpg

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #199
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

http://goatmilk.files.wordpress.com/...or-america.jpg

not quite as good.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #200
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

http://mememiner.com/libertyspearstheenemy_websm.jpg

there we go.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #201
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

http://www.mygtv.net/wp-content/uplo...npaulalone.jpg

Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 AM   #202
The Omega Concern
Banned

"It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people. "

American capitalism gone with a whimper - Pravda.Ru

I hope even you cynics can find the irony in Pravda telling America how Marxism goes. Never thought I'd live to see such a day.

Anyway, if you needed any further evidence of Obama's love for the dictator: The latest open declaration of a silent Marxist coup within the U.S. is Obama siding with Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro in calling the coup in Honduras illegal.

He mentions the ousted leader Zelaya as the democratically elected leader, which is true, but irrelevant. The military led him from his house to Costa Rica in his pajamas because he wanted to subvert their constitution to allow Presidents to seek office after one 4 year term.

I would hope our military would do the same if Bush or Obama were to try to pull the same stunt, but that's not how it works here in the states. The President is a mere puppet for the elites to toy with essentially...get the masses yelling at each other through the phony left/right Democrat/Republican paradigm and Presto: Fast-food Fascism right at your doorstep in the form of a forced vaccination (or other).

stay tuned...

Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 AM   #203
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Consider this a post on Obama using an executive order rather than Congress for his indefinite detention spas.

Cue lack of caring.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #204
ryan patrick
Apocalyptic Poster

the dems in general are so ineffectual that the further we get from the bush years the harder it is going to be to convince me that it is worth it to vote for them instead of a further left third party.

at least my congressman (doggett) almost didn't vote for the useless climate change legislation they came up and wants to "make it better" but he just should have stuck to his guns and not voted for it.

Last edited by ryan patrick : 06-30-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #205
mistle
bonnie stars

it's funny how criticism from the left which actually has a reason to be pissed is completely drowned out by hysterical tantrums from the right who should be clapping their hands in glee over obama

Old 06-30-2009, 05:06 AM   #206
The Omega Concern
Banned

mistle,

?

You're the prime example of the elites laughing at those who choose to see only left and right in your politic. What you state makes no sense unless you mean to say Republicans like Obama because they'll gain a bunch of seats in 2010 and the White House again in 2012 because he's the man-child who's way above his pay grade in his current job.

Or...you're so brainwashed by the gay marraige arguement to think it matters to the elites when it's there to keep the masses at each others throats. nice work.

Now, for those that can think their way out of a paper bag:

I ask ARE THERE ANY OBAMATARDS LEFT because I do want to see what kind of person is still buying his bullshit.

I know who isn't: Ahmadinijad and Kim Jong Il. particular the Iranian President with his Obama should repent rhetoric and how 'bout North Korea responding to Obama with capturing and arresting those 2 journalist and then continually lighting off rockets and Nukes and claiming all kinds of shit and...

where's the media: doing infomercials on health care for him and not asking him anything about North Korea during his press conference.

If you can't see through this fascist bullshit your blind.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #207
Nimrod's Son

Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #208
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Cut him some slack,
http://www.moonbattery.com/carla-bru...elle-obama.jpg

In searching for that, I came across
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress...-trade-you.jpg
which got things crossed somewhere along the way

Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #209
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

This forum is way to obsessive and angry. That is all i wanted to say.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #210
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post

In searching for that, I came across
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress...-trade-you.jpg
which got things crossed somewhere along the way
yeah, really. talk about the artist drinking the kool aid!