Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
AlphaCentauri
Demi-God

Default Netphoria is done

from a daily reader and very rarely poster since 2000....

Netphoria, Netphoria. You have basically been the best since you took over amsp quickly in 99. You were ECSTATIC about the Machina Tour, and the immediacy and excitement of the shift from the arising tour to the first metro show with Melissa in 99. And of course the "who the hell was that Linda Strawberry lady at the last show?" Really. in the end, netphoria wouldn't be here today without her

Jimmy sitting on the side of the van calling his new band "zwan" and how it was going to be huge. guaranteed. every one called that one b.s.

The excitement(and then immediate disappointment) over Zwan. The poetry book tour?!? wtf?? Solo album, he's naked on the cover ?? Strawberry's boobs?!? The solo tour, and the strange glowing lights and the pumpkins are reuniting but if you ask him he just gets angry and walks off stage.

interesting note....I really did meet Brian Liesegang outside of the show. and in his drunken rampage said he was going to be involved in the band, and that they were still hoping for the lineup of billy, jimmy, james, brian. I told one person, and, I was pretty low key as not getting myself involved in netphoria drama, the one person I told leaked it on netphoria. Everyone called BS. But I bet if you were in contention and it leaked on the board that billy read every day then, then you just lost your chance

"If we all work together, it will be a great year for everyone". Amazing setlists in retrospect, ESPECIALLY during the residencies, and later into the first US tour. Too bad the band sounded like the records almost note for note, and the bass player and guitarist look like the OLD BASS PLAYER AND GUITARIST?!? "It sounds kinda....corporate to me" - Trent Reznor on Smashing Pumpkins 2007

Oh no, the dress is back again. Sun god rah? Kazoo's?!? Same SETLIST EVERY TIME?!? People throwing things and having on stage scene's??? Keep in mind...Soma, Galapagos, Cupid de Locke, Bodies, Thirty Three, it just goes on and on and on. That tour was to please the old school fans and the drunken assholes ruined the magical.

Jimmy Quits

New band. Basically laughing already. First few songs, meh, but not awful. Last few a little better. Tour. Woah same setlist mostly, it appeals to the drunken assholes but it's played so well and so fresh that the old school fans are seeing that this is a sign that it's only going to get better from here.

Pumpkins are back.

Everything netphoria now is bullshit. Hipstersunited is so easy, I can check it from my cell phone. If I want to read the bs that used to be here, I just goto the o-board. There's no goatse links anyways.

I bid thee adieu

Old 08-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Cool story bro.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

fuck you too

Old 08-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm not reading that but I'm assuming he's saying he's an asshole

Old 08-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
TuralyonW3
Immortal

get fucked

Old 08-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Skradgee
Boardcaster

you forgot: GUITAR PIIIIIICKS?!?!??!?

Old 08-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Go fuck yourself buddy. Stop trying to squeeze golden nuggets out of Billy's asshole and just make an effort to find good music.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee View Post
you forgot: GUITAR PIIIIIICKS?!?!??!?
Never funny. NEVER NEVER NEVER FUNNY. Bought a piece of the gold coast blahblahblah fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

Old 08-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
rub_the_y
Demi-God

All the ROFL smilies in the OP's post should show you what kind of retarded douche they are. I didn't even bother to read what was written apart from the last part where they mentioned HU being accessible from their cell phone - clearly they never belonged here.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Cambodia View Post
Never funny. NEVER NEVER NEVER FUNNY. Bought a piece of the gold coast blahblahblah fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou
Fair enough. I guess you had to be there.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

lol @ guitar picks

Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Netphoria is fucking done

Old 08-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
paranoid
Minion of Satan

the band has been terribly fucking boring lately and so bad it's not even worth bitching about it anymore. people just don't care anymore.. hence why netphoria's fire is not as lit up these days.

"it's played so well and so fresh that the old school fans are seeing that this is a sign that it's only going to get better from here."

This is the same shit that has been said for every new tour since 2007. nothing different has happened. but as soon as billy fires one of the new members for whatever reason this place will heat up again.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Dragging my attention away from the chat forum to read a thread declaring this decrepit, decade-plus old forum dead like so many others have in the past is one thing.

But dragging my attention away from the chat forum to read a thread declaring this decrepit, decade-plus old forum dead because The Billy Corgan Experience is so rad that they're burning the lies of the souls of the haters who inhabit this place and ushering in a new era of golden god status Corgan reigning atop the musical world like he did in his heyday?

nigguh plx

Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

It's dead because it's missing awesome posts like this one...

7. MonteLDS - 11:41 am // Thursday, August 5, 2010

thanks @sunkissed, you saved me a lot of time! I am sadden that there will be no soundhceck, but I more than enough understand why he has chosen not. From past soundchecks i have heard he didn’t sing as much as he has for these soundchecks. It was always more talking with the band and playing the songs then singing. And one might assume he gave more to his singing in the fan soundchecks then in just a band soundcheck.

“he cites the mainstream fans wanting to see the hits as a restriction on what he feels able to play”

this makes a lot of scenes. He seems to say this again and again that those other people (people who aren’t HUGE fans like I) paid for a ticket too, and they may of never heard one of the hits live.

I really hope the best for the band. I would love to have a Billy solo tour, but i couldn’t imagine it to be big tour. Maybe a residency but that’s about it.

without posts like that the forum just doesn't make scenes.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #16
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

When asked about what he was listening to/last record he bought, etc. Billy got really uptight and didn’t want to answer. Saying things like “most people don’t listen to music the way I do, so they wouldn’t understand”. Some guy in the chat said “most great musicians have shit taste in music anyway” and BC got pissed off.

hahaha

Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
It's dead because it's missing awesome posts like this one...

7. MonteLDS - 11:41 am // Thursday, August 5, 2010

thanks @sunkissed, you saved me a lot of time! I am sadden that there will be no soundhceck, but I more than enough understand why he has chosen not. From past soundchecks i have heard he didn’t sing as much as he has for these soundchecks. It was always more talking with the band and playing the songs then singing. And one might assume he gave more to his singing in the fan soundchecks then in just a band soundcheck.

“he cites the mainstream fans wanting to see the hits as a restriction on what he feels able to play”

this makes a lot of scenes. He seems to say this again and again that those other people (people who aren’t HUGE fans like I) paid for a ticket too, and they may of never heard one of the hits live.

I really hope the best for the band. I would love to have a Billy solo tour, but i couldn’t imagine it to be big tour. Maybe a residency but that’s about it.

without posts like that the forum just doesn't make scenes.
This is brilliant. As I was reading through monte's post I made a mental note to use the term 'making scenes' at a later date and then BAM! you beat me there, all within the single post.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #18
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

wasn't somebody saying he's actually really normal IRL? Or was that Davin?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

i bet this guy didn't quit he's still checking this thread out

Old 08-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #20
hnibos
Braindead

i heard warsaw and monte said hi to each other at a show

Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #21
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

I miss Warsaw.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #22
redbull
Immortal

i met warsaw after the davenport show

guy is fucking terrifying

Old 08-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

When Warsaw left this place died.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #24
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
i met warsaw after the davenport show

guy is fucking terrifying
how so?

Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

did he have underwear on his head

Old 08-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #26
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
this makes a lot of scenes.
Is the guy american? Or at least an average english speaker? I mean how the hell can anyone fuck up like that

Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #27
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i demand to know more about warsaw sightings in real life

Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #28
Kahlo

Indeed. The guy is on the O-board being a fucking creep. What is he like in real life?

He tries way too hard to be edgy or freaky to impress the boring kids on that site.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #29
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
When Warsaw left this place died.
This place died when everybody ragequit over like a 2-month long period. Symptoms began developing a year or so after Kristin was banned.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #30
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCentauri View Post

Everything netphoria now is bullshit. Hipstersunited is so easy, I can check it from my cell phone. If I want to read the bs that used to be here, I just goto the o-board. There's no goatse links anyways.

I bid thee adieu
Who the hell needs to check netphoria on their cell phone? Hipsters united is full of mormons and assholes. But thanks for coming back to let us know where you post. Please update us again in ten years.