Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Another delightful story by Linda Strawberry

about my piano show last night....
Body: (taken from her blog on the test site buzzden.com)

salt lake city..

last night was completely ridiculous. i had so much fun. i have a not so fun hangover.

oh my head....my brains are scrambled eggs and toast.. so disorganized.... hi.. ...

i love you...

oh, wait...this blog is about my show.. i forgot.....ok.. be patient with me....

ok.. i had no idea what i was going to play. i didnt have any time to prepare... so about ten minutes of sound check and some scribbled notes was all the time i had to put it together..

its always better like that.. flying on a wing and a prayer..and a vodka shot.. and adrenaline..

i was wearing my shortest skirt..my sparkliest shoes..my hair was disaster..i was slightly drunk. it was perfect.

i played after a guy named spencer who sounded and looked like my friend neal in royal bliss the band that played after me.. i was nothing like either of them.. so i was the strawberry jam in their sandwich..

the place i played was called the cabana club and i had only been there once before around 2002 maybe? back when me and billy and some hot girls were running around SLC. i have a vague memory of playing a song.. those were fun days.. billy in salt lake city...haha. oh AND marianne faithfull and francois ravard.. royal bliss.. me.. bjorn.. bon.. and jimmy... and my arch nemesis matt sweeney with his damn cocaine moustache.... that was before we totally hated each others guts and i thought he was kind of rad because he gave me a rolling stones mixtape... . how did i get onto this subject..

oh ya.. the show..

anyway.. so im at the cabana. a piano bar in downtown slc...so spencer played.. and when he was done said "ok we will have a short break and then royal bliss" so i announced myself as strawberry aka a short break. and i think actually that would be a cool band name A SHORT BREAK. maybe.. well.. i will try to remember my set....

where was i... oh ya...the first song i played was Beautiful.. not to be confused with Fuck you im beautiful... no. this one was written back when i was 16 and virginal and unfettered and full of rainbows and shiny things..haha i did it at the request of neal middleton from royal bilss..ive known them since i 17 and we are all shiny and new...now we are all full of dirt and battered and bashed around the ears a bit from life.. and now im a bitter old rockwhore....well that might be exagerrating a little..maybe haaha. i wrote it to my best friend because i had stolen her boyfriend...(wait..maybe i wasnt so innocent.) ahhahah.anyway... (beautiful//beautiful//she's beautiful to me//filled my sky with rainbows and dried up all the rain//i never thought id cause her so much pain//we all have our reasons//we all have our lies//the little things that led us to our compromise//i did not see the little flower that i was trampling down//..." )...... aw..so sweet....

then...... i played some nonsense..

and then i played..... um.. oh ya.. "the saddest song" aka "the saddest song ive ever written".. so sad.... (i cant go on//i cant go on//you tell me that its all in my head//that its just a passing phase//but people say all kinds of things that they dont mean//i dont know what im supposed to believe//so tell me ill be alright//i can tell you im not alright//and these things are so hard to hear//when im just trying not to fall off the edge//im overcome//im overwhelmed//you say its not as bad as it seems//but people say all kinds of things that they do not mean//i dont know what im supposed to believe//so tell me that ill be alright//and ill tell you im not alright//and these things are so hard to hear//when im just trying not to fall off the edge..) ..aww.. so sad...

and then i played more piano nonsense....

into...the torture song.. i had only played it on the guitar up til then but i faked it.. it just went so well with the saddest song.. sorrow and torture.. (emo...yes i know).. here a snippet of lyric..(ill see you sometime//ill see you somewhere//doing something//with someone else//i forgive you//and ill forget you//and i will learn to love again//i guess im lucky to feel so tortured//'cause i know what its like to really love//some people never get to feel this...)

then to lighten up the mood a bit my fingers suddenly started to play Mr. Wolf.. i wasnt planning on playing this ..but my hand wanted to so i said what the hell... (Mr. wolf lay down your sheep skin//and take a good look in the mirror//i think its time for a change here//'cause ive known you for years and years and years//and still you complain and complain and complain//that no one's gonna love you like She did//so why recover?//and i hold all my breath//'cause well i think i might love you...//you took in all the anger of a painfull moment//and became the man that you'd always hated//and the hole in your soul//grows deeper and deeper//and i hold all my breath//cause well i think i might love you//but not what you've become//not how you've made me feel//the wild streak of anger rips you apart//so mr. wolf lay down your sheep skin//and take a good look in the mirror")

then.. i played I am Clara... a new-ish song actually written for piano..(the scar is rising//all i want is distance//the shadows are biting//all i want is distance//nothing can quiet the reasons//nothing can cover the marks//i know that im gonna get over this//i know that im gonna pull through//but now im just shadowing//dragging the blues//its a heavy heavy heavy mood...)

hmm.. notice a theme? haha.

then i did a piano version of Dig! ...the same one i did in australia exactly a year ago... aww... memories...but i just played the bass line and did my best to make the table of men to my right all squirm.. sex... sex.. and more sex... (my mouth is hung//lips beestung from tears//i could die//but i backbend to push you in//further than you've ever been...)

at this point my cold began to wake up.. and i got a horrible itch in my throat.. so i played..

Last Caress by the Misfits.. (ive got something to say//i killed your baby today//and it doesnt matter much to me//as long as its dead//ive got something to say//i raped your mother today//and it doesnt matter much to me//as long as she's spread//sweet lovely death//im waiting for your breath//one sweet death//one last caress//)..... i might not be totally accurate but that is from memory... its so heartwarming right?

at this point my throat was like FUCK YOU I HATE YOU! DIE! and i tried to recover...so i started into more piano nonsense and into eleanor rigby (beatles) ...but right when i said "father mackenzie" it was OVER.... and i was thrown into a fit of coughing that was violent and all consuming.. and so that was the conclusion of my set....

10 minutes later... and a million coughs later... i came out of the bathroom (after giving some crying girl in there a pep talk because she was sad some boy didnt call her... it was a little something like *cough cough..you are too pretty to sit around helpless waiting for some *cough cough cough jerk to Not call...forget him..dont call him.. *cough Cough!!) and when i came out free drinks came from all sides!! it was amazing..

i love you salt lake city people!!

well.. then i commenced misbehaving and causing a whole lot of trouble... i would tell you of my wild adventure...but its top secret.. and well.. you dont have the right security clearance... lets just say i had a lot of fun.....

HAPPINESS!!

...and all was peaceful in the land..

...and we all lived happily ever after...

THE END

Old 08-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
TumoraXsault
Apocalyptic Poster

if we hate her so much, why bother to waste the time to post anything about her? Do we really care all much? Im sure I dont...

Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
CYCLE_23
Demi-God

I stoped about an 1/8th of the way down. God damn she is annoying but I would still pee in her butt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." - Salvador Dali

Old 08-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
CYCLE_23
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumoraXsault
if we hate her so much, why bother to waste the time to post anything about her? Do we really care all much? Im sure I dont...

If you dont care, why post saying how much you dont care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_23
I stoped about an 1/8th of the way down. God damn she is annoying but I would still pee in her butt.

cheers to that

Old 08-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
CYCLE_23
Demi-God

Oh fuck I read more she covered the Fits oh man I bet it came out like shit!

Old 08-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

i'd lick her ass, but thats just me.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:54 PM   #8
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

How is this pumpkins related?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

because she kisses billy's ass you tard.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I think this board should be about pumpkins stuff only and the less attention we give the better.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #11
CYCLE_23
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I think this board should be about pumpkins stuff only and the less attention we give the better.

Well who gives a shit what you think?

*Waits for more neg. rep.*

Old 08-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #12
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

hey esty, it's not much fun to neg. rep people when they don't mind receiving it and they enjoy having a red banner under their avater. hit me baby

Old 08-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #13
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Why do you think i'm going to neg rep you? Besides, you always hated it, don't change your tune now.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #14
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_23
*Waits for more neg. rep.*
Nag, you're annoying enough that other people will do it for me.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Why do you think i'm going to neg rep you? Besides, you always hated it, don't change your tune now.

it's easier this way. i have excepted my negative destiny..

Douglas:

Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Dubhghlas, which meant "dark river" or "blood river" from Gaelic dubh "dark" and glais "water, river". Douglas was originally a river name, the site of a particularly bloody battle, which then became a Scottish surname. The surname belonged to a powerful line of Scottish earls.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 AM   #16
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Nag, you're annoying enough that other people will do it for me.

Douglas:

Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Dubhghlas, which meant "dark river" or "blood river" from Gaelic dubh "dark" and glais "water, river". Douglas was originally a river name, the site of a particularly bloody battle, which then became a Scottish surname. The surname belonged to a powerful line of Scottish earls.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #17
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Hmmm, then I guess I will since you don't care. Enjoy.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #18
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

nice fix, wasn't it? glad i could be there for it.

Douglas:

Old 08-12-2006, 01:56 AM   #19
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Strawberry
...back when i was 16 and virginal...
Hah.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:41 AM   #20
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas78
hey esty, it's not much fun to neg. rep people when they don't mind receiving it and they enjoy having a red banner under their avater. hit me baby

Quote:
what's with all the neg rep? thanks alot.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:46 AM   #21
The Melty Man
Ownz

Quote:
i have a not so fun hangover.
never try playing the flute when you're drunk. unless you're a woman and i've met you in a bar and you're not linda strawberry.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:40 AM   #22
Mo
Immortal

tl;dr

Old 08-12-2006, 04:52 AM   #23
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

I'm through with Linda's filthy lies, if what I did to her at age 12 didn't make her non-virginal I don't know what would.

Of course, the pneumatic drill !

Old 08-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #24
slanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy

HE FOUND A CONTRADICTION, FOLKS!

Old 08-12-2006, 05:50 AM   #25
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawbs
back when me and billy and some hot girls were running around SLC. i have a vague memory of playing a song.. those were fun days.. billy in salt lake city...haha. oh AND marianne faithfull and francois ravard.. royal bliss.. me.. bjorn.. bon.. and jimmy... and my arch nemesis matt sweeney with his damn cocaine moustache.... that was before we totally hated each others guts and i thought he was kind of rad because he gave me a rolling stones mixtape... . how did i get onto this subject..
how? it's called name dropping, ya hussy!

Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #26
Speed0fPain
Pledge

matt sweeney with his damn cocaine moustache
HAHHAHAH

Old 08-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #27
Starla

Quote:
its always better like that.. flying on a wing and a prayer..and a vodka shot.. and adrenaline..

i was wearing my shortest skirt..my sparkliest shoes..my hair was disaster..i was slightly drunk. it was perfect.
Oh linda.....you're so hard core!!

Old 08-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #28
Starla

Quote:

I think this board should be less about you.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #29
Phoenix Down
Apocalyptic Poster

and another thread turning into a neg rep discussion just because of esty...
i don't know who's more annoying...esty or linda "i hang out with famous people" strawberry

Old 08-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #30
Starla

Quote:
i was 16 and virginal and unfettered and full of rainbows and shiny things..haha i
clearly this bitch has been huffing paint again