Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 AM   #271
spidersoma
Ownz

i called my friend james and he's agreeing that it's obvious disarm was totally impromptu.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 AM   #272
T&T
Socialphobic

sounds like it was a great night...

Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 AM   #273
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidersoma
Billy tells us the show was re-scheduled due to Jimmy saying "Fuck these shows, I'm out of here" and having a wonderful vacation in China. Jimmy was just grinning doing his "man pose" [one leg propped up on the front of the drum kit] in his shorts.
LMAO!!! Thanks for the review.

As for the hippie "hitting you with his hair"... you later said you talked to him after Zero. One of the posts above said a huge mosh pit suddenly formed for Zero, so it sounds like that may have been the crowd at its rowdiest. Either way... if things get crazy in Dallas (I only hope), just be ready for it

Old 11-14-2007, 03:45 AM   #274
spidersoma
Ownz

the crowd in my neck of the woods was definitely not moshing. the moshing was confined to a small, isolated area not near me.

I don't mind people dancing and having a good time, but these people were going beyond that. trust me, it's saying a lot when i stated that several people i don't know thanked me. everyone near me was mostly head bobbing, putting a random hand in the air ... these hippies were wearing home made tie dyed clothes which REEKED [completely overpowered the smell of lingering pot in the air] and flailing their bodies and waving their arms in the air together. it was distracting and bothering at least 20 people around them and us. i've put up with a lot of annoying people at shows in my 10+ years of concert-going and never said a word to anyone. these two deserved me making my first attempt to get people to calm down.

Last edited by spidersoma : 11-14-2007 at 03:54 AM.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 AM   #275
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

so TCM is from texas, huh? *writes this down in ancient ledger*

Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #276
spidersoma
Ownz

i forgot to mention that billy actually sang "blah blah blah" in perfect when he forgot lyrics and then he dropped his pick and had to pause to pick it up.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:26 AM   #277
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
hey tcm if you read this, sorry, I wasn't trying to pry into your personal info, I was just trying to make ocnversation! it was cool meeting you.
what, did i seem put off? not at all, it was cool.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 AM   #278
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiordan
They played Tar-an-too-la just for tcm! I wasn't sure if it'd be in the setlist tonight!!!! Congrats tcm!!!

Man that song is great live
it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rad!!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 AM   #279
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

That-a-boy. Billy will soon overcome his hard feelings about your misguided voting in the Zeitgeist elimination challenge.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #280
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

i stand by my voting record, radness notwithstanding.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #281
skipgo
Minion of Satan

aw man, you mean i could've met tcm AND heard taxman live??? why oh why am i going to dallas instead of seeing them last night?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #282
redchandelier
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
so no STRTJ.

No I thought for sure they would play it, but still the show was fucking awesome, I was right at the front . Jimmy (both of them) were great. I loved when Jimmy F. hugged billy and started to hump him, lol, I hope someone got footage of that! Billy was all smiles yesterday even when he fucked up Perfect. i'll look over my pics later on and post which ever badass ones I can find.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 AM   #283
somaziro
Ownz

when billy was screwing around he WAS playing the intro to disarm, playing C9 and Gmaj its just that when jimmy was playing his last solo he was going all crazy and detuned the G string so it was totally off key when he was strumming the two chords, thats why it sounded like ass i was right in front next to him and he def. was playing the intro to disarm.

ya, too me it seemed like the whole crowded erupted into a mosh pit because where i was standing everything around me was totally nuts.

when Billy said the concert was over the first time was when billy and jimmy switched, billy back on guitar and jimmy on bass, they were kinda looking at each other not knowing what to play next and jimmy started this bass line and billy gave him THE DEATH STARE... jimmy had a smirk on his face and kept playing the bass line (i have no idea what it was to) and billy just kept staring him down, kinda in a 'fuck you asshole, but i love you anyway' sort of way.. then billy says 'i don't like that song' and finally starts strumming disarm although his guitar is detuned.

where i was standing i really couldnt hear jeff playing much, i think it was because since i was in the front the side speakers just played past me and i could really only hear stuff from the stage - did anyone else have trouble hearing jeff?

btw ginger does NOT look hot in person, jesus christ... her face is all pock marked and she was wearing horribly heavy makeup to try and cover it up. i mean she was ok, but you could tell she had bad acne scars from when she was younger. now lisa... omg yum...

Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #284
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by somaziro
when Billy said the concert was over the first time was when billy and jimmy switched, billy back on guitar and jimmy on bass, they were kinda looking at each other not knowing what to play next and jimmy started this bass line and billy gave him THE DEATH STARE... jimmy had a smirk on his face and kept playing the bass line (i have no idea what it was to) and billy just kept staring him down, kinda in a 'fuck you asshole, but i love you anyway' sort of way.. then billy says 'i don't like that song' and finally starts strumming disarm although his guitar is detuned.
i thought the bass line was Disarm, that it was the song Billy didn't want to play but Jimmy eventually goaded him into it. i dunno.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #285
redchandelier
Ownz

no i didn't have trouble hearing jeff but then again i was standing in front of the right speakers, and yeah he was playing the intro to disarm, I said it to my friends, I thought it was pretty obvious maybe that other guy (the one who posted that it wasn't disarm, don't remember who, sorry) just didn't catch it..... oh yeah there was a point at the beginning, I can't remember which song, but billy almost slipped and I swear he was looking right at me when I was laughing at him.... BTW BTL was great

Old 11-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #286
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

i was right in the center- lined with billys left shoulder.

jeff sounded fantastic.

before one of the acoustic songs (i think 1979?) billy went to say something and kind of coughed as he had a bunch of bugs flying around his face. everyone laughed- when the crowd got quiet i yelled 'welcome to texas' and got a chuckle out of him. he then asked 'is there anything you want to know from me?' everyone yelled again.. when they stopped i asked 'how was your day' he kind of looked at me, shrugged, went to say something but stepped back and started playing.

if only we could have a sbd of this show... i would probably be on it like the austin show (see the spiteface tease)

great show

the 'couldnt stand the weather' tease was awesome. ive seen a lot of bands play it, but nobody comes back in time during the pauses.. SP did it perfectly

Old 11-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #287
SlingeroGuitaro

Quote:
btw ginger does NOT look hot in person, jesus christ... her face is all pock marked and she was wearing horribly heavy makeup to try and cover it up. i mean she was ok, but you could tell she had bad acne scars from when she was younger. now lisa... omg yum...

agreed 100%. ive never thought ginger was good looking... she was slightly more so in person, but lisa... jesus. i was watching her during superchrist.. she's fucking sexy.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #288
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidersoma
i called my friend james and he's agreeing that it's obvious disarm was totally impromptu.
You think? I didn't think it was because a guitar tech ran out with an appropriately tuned guitar with only "That sounds like that song Disarm" from Jimmy F to go on. That's why I thought that maybe it was planned.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #289
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
agreed 100%. ive never thought ginger was good looking... she was slightly more so in person, but lisa... jesus. i was watching her during superchrist.. she's fucking sexy.
http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

Old 11-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #290
SlingeroGuitaro

i thought disarm was planned. i think billy was just going to play it on Jimmy's guitar, but it was so out of tune he needed the other guitar. he tried tuning it a little bit, but it was still way off, so he got his other strat. if you've ever tried tuning something on stage by ear, it's nearly impossible

Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #291
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i thought disarm was planned. i think billy was just going to play it on Jimmy's guitar, but it was so out of tune he needed the other guitar. he tried tuning it a little bit, but it was still way off, so he got his other strat. if you've ever tried tuning something on stage by ear, it's nearly impossible
Yeah, that's what I thought - and you're totally right about tuning on stage, it's impossible

Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #292
SlingeroGuitaro

i want to give props to the sound guys. the sound was absolutely pristine. concerts normally turn into a bunch of white noise, but this was incredible.

my ears are still ringing a little bit, however...i forgot my earplugs

Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #293
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
aren't there videos of billy from the gish era tuning onstage? and it just seems to take forever?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #294
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo
aren't there videos of billy from the gish era tuning onstage? and it just seems to take forever?
Probably. It's just really hard to hear the notes perfectly with all the screaming and whatnot. But they have rack tuners and stuff, so it's not impossible. I remember at 5/13/00 James's guitar was out of tune (Mayonaise has a special tuning) and he spent about 5 minutes tuning it onstage!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #295
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i have a difficult enough time tuning by ear in my quiet bedroom, haha

Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #296
SlingeroGuitaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldango
Probably. It's just really hard to hear the notes perfectly with all the screaming and whatnot. But they have rack tuners and stuff, so it's not impossible. I remember at 5/13/00 James's guitar was out of tune (Mayonaise has a special tuning) and he spent about 5 minutes tuning it onstage!

i remember that. billy told the story about getting hit with the shoe during the tuning malfunction.

rack tuners are the only way to go

Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 AM   #297
busty sinclaire
Pledge

I would eat a live baby to see the frogs.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #298
somaziro
Ownz

Quote:
i was right in the center- lined with billys left shoulder.

jeff sounded fantastic.

before one of the acoustic songs (i think 1979?) billy went to say something and kind of coughed as he had a bunch of bugs flying around his face. everyone laughed- when the crowd got quiet i yelled 'welcome to texas' and got a chuckle out of him. he then asked 'is there anything you want to know from me?' everyone yelled again.. when they stopped i asked 'how was your day' he kind of looked at me, shrugged, went to say something but stepped back and started playing.

if only we could have a sbd of this show... i would probably be on it like the austin show (see the spiteface tease)

great show

the 'couldnt stand the weather' tease was awesome. ive seen a lot of bands play it, but nobody comes back in time during the pauses.. SP did it perfectly
ya musta been where i was standing, thats what i figured, couldnt hear jeff to well, but most of the solo's were billy's anyway.

really really wish they woulda played home and let me give the world - but thats ok, i am sure that when they tour they will come back to ATX given how good the crowd was

Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #299
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
ya musta been where i was standing, thats what i figured, couldnt hear jeff to well, but most of the solo's were billy's anyway.

really really wish they woulda played home and let me give the world - but thats ok, i am sure that when they tour they will come back to ATX given how good the crowd was
oh yeah stop yelling out names of songs

some of us like to be surprised

Old 11-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #300
somaziro
Ownz

ya i thought about that after the concert, kinda a douche thing to do i guess, i was just having so much fun wasn't really thinking about that.

dunno if any of yall heard me, but right when HMM was just starting and the keyboard part just got started the crowd got super super quiet and I yelled out "Billy YOU ARE A HEAVY METAL MACHINE!!!!!"

after the show I realized I was "that guy" that you hate on all the boots, the one that won't shut up and sings along with all the songs and yells shit when it gets quiet haha... I always hated those douche bags on the bootlegs I have, but I guess when you are actually in the moment, you just don't think about those things, especially if you are very excited~!