Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2022, 04:38 PM   #481
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

I don't even bother anymore at all with TV shows because it's always a lot of easy hype puffing and stylized tension building for an easy couple of seasons, but then when the story actually develops demands resolve it all collapses pathetically in a gigantic wet fart and fucks off like it never happened. Fuck that.

Old 03-27-2022, 01:33 AM   #482
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Yeah, I can't watch most dramas for that reason. I only really like TV as background noise that isn't heavily plot dependent. Stand up, game shows, cooking shows, documentaries, etc

Old 03-28-2022, 09:34 AM   #483
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Yeah, I can't watch most dramas for that reason. I only really like TV as background noise that isn't heavily plot dependent. Stand up, game shows, cooking shows, documentaries, etc
good, nice to see you're still the blandest person ever

Old 04-06-2022, 02:00 PM   #484
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Jerrod Carmichael: Rothaniel

Never heard of this guy until his SNL monologue started getting a ton of attention, but I tried his new special and it rules

Less a routine and more like... something he's working out onstage

Old 04-06-2022, 02:23 PM   #485
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
...said the boring sod who watches Teen Mom and Survivor and binges anything Netflix.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #486
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

are you in love with him or something? what the fuck

Old 04-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #487
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

leave shlimrod's nun ALONE!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2022, 07:46 PM   #488
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I fear that I am ordinary

Old 04-07-2022, 06:37 PM   #489
ovary
Ownz

just like my dick

just kidding my dick is super fucked up

Old 04-07-2022, 08:11 PM   #490
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Does anyone watch Picard? I tried the first episode when they made it free to watch and I thought it was awful; that seems to be the consensus for the rest of the show. I'm wondering if it's the reasonable endpoint of the show, as opposed to a desperation move, that the entire cast of TNG is returning as regulars for the final season.

Definitely a desperation move: Star Trek is getting into NFTs!

Old 07-14-2022, 10:51 AM   #491
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Del

Last edited by ilikeplanets : 07-14-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Old 07-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #492
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Does anyone watch Picard? I tried the first episode when they made it free to watch and I thought it was awful; that seems to be the consensus for the rest of the show.
On the other hand, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds fuckin' whips ass

There's one episode where it seems like the director asked the actors to pretend they were in a regional theater production of some hammy comedy the director wrote themselves because they didn't have the budget to get the rights for an established play

Otherwise they are uniformly great

Old 07-14-2022, 06:19 PM   #493
yo soy el mejor

I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson is p funny. At times it can be straight up off the chain.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:23 PM   #494
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Watching Feel Good. I like it, and it's a good cure for my current desire to have a girlfriend. Mostly. I hope it doesn't take some crazy turn, I'm only a few episodes in.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:24 PM   #495
yo soy el mejor

Old 07-14-2022, 07:50 PM   #496
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

The Bear is good. The soundtrack to the show is great, and it feels so much like Chicago it make me miss the place for the first time in years. It took me about 4 episodes before i no longer felt like i was watching Lip from Shameless. But by the end of the 1st season i really liked all the characters. Also like how the episodes are mostly around half an hour long.

We have been watching a Norwegian series called Heimebane ('Home Ground' in English but I think the translation is off... Here we would say "home turf" or "home field"), which is about a woman who becomes the coach of a men's soccer club in Ulsteinvik, Norway. I like it a lot. We've been saving the last couple of episodes because there are only 2 seasons and the show hasn't been renewed.

I also really liked the last season of Beforeigners, which is shot in Oslo and is about people from the past suddenly appearing in modern Norway, kind of like time refugees. Some of them are from the stone age, some Viking age, some from the 19th century. HBO has cancelled all their Norwegian television productions, so it looks like there won't be another season

Most of the rest of what I watch is Scandinavian crime dramas.. but my partner is so sick of watching dark Danish murder shows that I have to watch them alone now.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:19 PM   #497
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
...said the boring sod who watches Teen Mom and Survivor and binges anything Netflix.
insanely sick burn

Old 07-14-2022, 08:48 PM   #498
ilikeplanets
Braindead

It's funny cuz I was very decidedly trolling him. Scattered throughout this thread is evidence of my various television ventures, and I'm clearly a total genre-hopper. Fuck that egotistical idiot and his stupid tendencies. Come back soon!

Old 07-14-2022, 11:15 PM   #499
slunken
Virgo

i was goofballin' and told my uncle that "stranger things" was propaganda and he legit got mad at me because it's his favorite show but then we ate hot dogs and forgot about it because he knows i was just yanking his chain

Old 07-15-2022, 07:22 AM   #500
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
I don't even bother anymore at all with TV shows because it's always a lot of easy hype puffing and stylized tension building for an easy couple of seasons, but then when the story actually develops demands resolve it all collapses pathetically in a gigantic wet fart and fucks off like it never happened. Fuck that.
So agree with this. I don’t watch more than two seasons of anything anymore. Haven’t finished game of thrones, no interest in another season of stranger things.

The law of diminishing TV returns

But I still value the escapism of the first two seasons

Old 07-15-2022, 07:26 AM   #501
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i was goofballin' and told my uncle that "stranger things" was propaganda and he legit got mad at me because it's his favorite show but then we ate hot dogs and forgot about it because he knows i was just yanking his chain
I’ve never eaten a hot dog with any of my uncles which makes me sad

But one of mine got defensive on FB recently when I responded to the Marcus Aurelius quote he posted about the low value of the opinions of 10,000 ignorant people. I said Marcus Aurelius was probably not a fan of universal suffrage and general elections in that case

He did not seem impressed. I wish we’d had hotdogs

Old 07-15-2022, 10:54 AM   #502
ilikeplanets
Braindead

You know you don't want a hot dog, though

Old 07-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #503
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm guessing there's about a 0% chance you folks in NZ call them hot dogs, anyway. Doesn't sound like a very Oceanic term, it isn't cute and musical enough.

Old 07-15-2022, 11:21 AM   #504
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i went to the stranger things experience in brooklyn this past weekend for work, having essentially no knowledge of the show beyond what my enthusiastic colleague explained in the cab ride there. it did not spark an interest in watching it.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:15 AM   #505
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Watching Feel Good. I like it, and it's a good cure for my current desire to have a girlfriend. Mostly. I hope it doesn't take some crazy turn, I'm only a few episodes in.
It did. And at only 12 episodes, it is way too short. But well developed. Catching up on a couple seasons of Workin' Moms now. Seems like the past few series I've watched have been Canadian

Old 07-16-2022, 04:05 AM   #506
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
I'm guessing there's about a 0% chance you folks in NZ call them hot dogs, anyway. Doesn't sound like a very Oceanic term, it isn't cute and musical enough.
We used to have this weird company that sold “American Hot Dogs” out of these little tent things, at the local railway station and at sports games and stuff like that. I don’t know what actual American hot dogs are like but you can probably imagine the bad reputation this outfit gave to hot dogs generally through its reputation for food poisoning

Old 07-16-2022, 04:07 AM   #507
vixnix
Socialphobic

I went to a hot dog stand on the edge of Central Park when I visited all those years ago, but I was vegetarian then and was just buying a Sprite. I remember thinking it tasted strange and checking the ingredients - it was the first drink I’d ever had that was sweetened by HFCS

Old 07-16-2022, 11:23 AM   #508
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Sprite is the only soda I like. I find it less sickening sweet than colas etc. Have you had other American soda? Mostly terrible. And hotdogs are salty, fatty, and taste pieced together. I don't eat them, but I'm in the minority for that. We used to only buy the beef ones, anyway, to pretend to keep kosher while putting cheese on them.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:38 PM   #509
yo soy el mejor

7up>sprite

Old 07-20-2022, 12:38 AM   #510
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I like 7 Up, too. All lemon lime soda. And maybe Ginger Ale.

I haven't watched Stranger Things, either, but I'm running out of shows on my list and do like horror, so I might try it. AHS is coming out soon, though, so I might keep watching Canadian comedies until then.