Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #121
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

hey, don't make it so long next time, okay?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #122
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

i logged in for the first time in years to say that corganist is still a horrendous sophist and his disbarment can't be come too soon

Old 05-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #123
myosis
Minion of Satan

i'm logging out for the first time in years.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #124
Springbridge
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
1. I don't even go to the O-Board. I'm not active there, I don't care about it, I don't know what goes on there and I couldn't care less about it. My previous experiences on the past O-Boards for the Pumpkins has been biased censoring of points of view. It's pathetic. Even if I were to post it there, would it even stay up for much longer than an hour? Clearly you're involved there, though. If you care so much, you post it. And you must care. A lot. Otherwise you wouldn't consider someone who posts here rather than there a "coward."

2. Why exactly are you so bothered by what I wrote? Is it because there are a lot of people who agree with it? Why does that offend you so much?

3. I know you've never met me, but others here have, and trust me man, I'm the farthest thing from World of Warcraft, pimples and my parent's basement. Not that that even matters. But really? You need to chill.

4. You seem to have missed the point. I didn't actually write it to Billy Corgan. It was more or less a structural way to write a long post about what was bothering me lately about him, the band, etc. If he ends up reading it somehow, fine. I do think he needs to know most of what I wrote. If he doesn't, that's also fine. The point was to generate discussion.
I'm not bothered by what you posted so much, i was more bothered by everyone's reaction to it.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #125
raygun187
Pledge

Haven't posted in a very long time, for many of the reasons listed in the original post. I especially liked the Visa commercial part. That was the last straw for me. I'll always remember the day that commercial came on as the day the the Pumpkins became dead to me. So sad.

And Billy, I'll miss you man. It was fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll check out your stuff someday when you regain your credibility (good luck with that).

Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #126
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbridge View Post
Everyone says "Oh my god, Billy like needs to read this." As if Reyangel is the voice of God. This just 1 out of a million bitter and insignificant opinions from an old fan. I highly doubt The Smashing Pumpkins need to be lectured by one bitter, pimply face guy wearing a World of Warcraft t-shirt and living in his parents basement.
I agree. Also Reyngel is really fat so lets not forget that one.

The op was a lot of mindless ranting. Billy needs a slap to the face but this isn't it and it's stupid the op and everyone else is acting like it is.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #127
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

reyngel:

go find another band to like

Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #128
memories_unwind
František`s mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbridge View Post
I'm not bothered by what you posted so much, i was more bothered by everyone's reaction to it.
Somehow he must have been quite convincing, don`t you think? You don`t think so and try to destroy the sand castles of all the other children who agree, that`s lame. But you don`t succeed, we are the true fans and we have a right to be disappointed. You can`t destroy us! We will change Billy! Vote for passion, vote for heart and soul, vote for Reyngel!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #129
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

I suppose this would be my message to Billy:

Be proud of what you have managed to accomplish with your talents and your perseverance. You came from very little and, almost completely of your own doing, reached fantastic heights. No one can ever take that accomplishment away from you or the worth of what you've done. Einstein will always be most remembered for the contribution he made early in life but yet in all those years afterward his reputation or immortality of contribution was not marred because he failed to achieve that apex again in his career. He strove to make another groundbreaking contribution but yet when that second breakthrough did not come he was secure enough in the worth of his pursuit that this did not deter him from forging on regardless of acclaim. Enjoy acclaim but do not let it become your driving motive. Also be grateful for what you have; your success was one in a million. Don't expect mansions and multiple homes as though they are a necessary standard of living. If the wells run dry someone did not take into consideration drought, which is inevitable. Nothing that happened in your past made you a broken individual; your identity to others is a choice, not a forgone conclusion to live up to. Just don't expect to get back what you have not given forth.

Last edited by stumpycat : 05-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #130
Springbridge
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by memories_unwind View Post
Somehow he must have been quite convincing, don`t you think? You don`t think so and try to destroy the sand castles of all the other children who agree, that`s lame. But you don`t succeed, we are the true fans and we have a right to be disappointed. You can`t destroy us! We will change Billy! Vote for passion, vote for heart and soul, vote for Reyngel!!!
My foreign friend, I'm preventing YOU from breaking down the sand castle.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #131
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
I suppose this would be my message to Billy:

Be proud of what you have managed to accomplish with your talents and your perseverance. You came from very little and, almost completely of your own doing, reached fantastic heights. No one can ever take that accomplishment away from you or the worth of what you've done. Einstein will always be most remembered for the contribution he made early in life but yet in all those years afterward his reputation or immortality of contribution was not marred because he failed to achieve that apex again in his career. He strove to make another groundbreaking contribution but yet when that second breakthrough did not come he was secure enough in the worth of his pursuit that this did not deter him from forging on regardless of acclaim. Enjoy acclaim but do not let it become your driving motive. Also be grateful for what you have; your success was one in a million. Don't expect mansions and multiple homes as though they are a necessary standard of living. If the wells run dry someone did not take into consideration drought, which is inevitable. Nothing that happened in your past made you a broken individual; your identity to others is a choice, not a forgone conclusion to live up to. Just don't expect to get back what you have not given forth.
that is really awful.
shame on you.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #132
slunken
Virgo

i disagree

Old 05-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #133
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
that is really awful.
shame on you.
I am curious; what do you find so awful about it? Or are you just being facetious?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #134
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
I am curious; what do you find so awful about it? Or are you just being facetious?
you based your whole message and advice on assumptions. i think the chance is very small that these assumptions are correct, making your advice completely irrelevant. what remains is a pathetic pat on the back to someone who doesn't need one. how one can fail to see this is beyond me.

people seem to have this image of billy corgan, that he's a fading rock star, almost out of money, and right now still trying to reach the same level of success they had back in '96.
i mean, that's all good and well if you're trying to put him down, and some of it is true (he doesn't have the same level of success as in '96), but that's about it. how one can use this image to form a decent opinion on the man is nuts. i don't care about what opinion people want to have, but how about using facts?

the mansion and multiple homes comment is particularly lol-worthy. LOL! hahahahahahaha.

i guess you meant well with your comment, trying to be the constructive but critical fan, but if anyone ever tried to help me with some advice the way you did, i'd buy a gun and destroy his kneecaps.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #135
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
i guess you meant well with your comment, trying to be the constructive but critical fan, but if anyone ever tried to help me with some advice the way you did, i'd buy a gun and destroy his kneecaps.
A well rounded and conclusive conclusion.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #136
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
you based your whole message and advice on assumptions. i think the chance is very small that these assumptions are correct, making your advice completely irrelevant. what remains is a pathetic pat on the back to someone who doesn't need one. how one can fail to see this is beyond me.

people seem to have this image of billy corgan, that he's a fading rock star, almost out of money, and right now still trying to reach the same level of success they had back in '96.
i mean, that's all good and well if you're trying to put him down, and some of it is true (he doesn't have the same level of success as in '96), but that's about it. how one can use this image to form a decent opinion on the man is nuts. i don't care about what opinion people want to have, but how about using facts?

the mansion and multiple homes comment is particularly lol-worthy. LOL! hahahahahahaha.

I'm not sure how what I said isn't fairly accurate considering his behavior in recent years. It's just everywhere. And of course he doesn't really need "a pat on the back" (uggh...no...to much of this attention from non-critical fans only seems to feed into the problem) but I think it would be worth considering past success, appreciating it greatly for what it was as a correct moment in time, but also just letting go (without shitting on it first) and setting more realistic expectations. To me this would mean NOT trying to so vehemently to distance himself from past work (hopefully realizing full well this is the reason fandom was ever there in the first place), if he still wants to hang on to the Pumpkins name. Just embrace it and be happy, you know? I was trying to be sincere and positive about the positive things that he has done, but not hold back on the fact that I think Billy often misses the boat on so many levels these days, either. Ever since the band has reformed he's been trying to find his feet but apparently never too happy about the ground he's on despite all the "sweetness and light" rhetoric given. He seems to have consistently acted pissy in the face of unrealistic expectations of both artistic appreciation and commercial success and if the official website is any indication, can only seem to stomach adoration--not any real, substantive criticism of his work. All the behavior over the past few years just makes me want to say "grow up and chill out, please." (Or I could just say, STFU and quit bitching and moaning about record sales or that your music isn't adequately appreciated you spoiled shit!!! Which I think has more or less been said before by others.)

Last edited by stumpycat : 05-19-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:48 AM   #137
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
I'm not sure how what I said isn't fairly accurate considering his behavior in recent years. It's just everywhere.
i think this is where you're wrong.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #138
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Newp. YOU'RE WRONG. AND STUPID@!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #139
IEatMyFeces
Pledge

It's simple you dunces.

Corgan has ALWAYS been a tool. It wasn't a big deal years ago because at least he was putting out good music. But now that all his shit is shit, the toolness in him is showing tremendously.

He will continue to make millions because of idiots who fall for his marketing plots.

It's obvious he's lost his motivation. Releasing one song a year? He doesn't have a full time job and that's the best he can do? He's not a musician. He's no better than Paris Hilton or Tila Tequila.

I don't know about anyone else but I find it extremely hard listening to ANYthing he's written now.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #140
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEatMyFeces View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I find it extremely hard listening to ANYthing he's written now.
You must not come around here often.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #141
IEatMyFeces
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
You must not come around here often.
it's been a while. figure'd everyone would still be popping boners for him still. i've always seen people bashing him here but when they meet him in person after shows, they're all over his dick.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #142
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
Billy Corgan. Billy mother-fucking Corgan. Mr. Smashing Pumpkins.
i thought about this today and laffed

Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #143
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEatMyFeces View Post
It's simple you dunces.

Corgan has ALWAYS been a tool. It wasn't a big deal years ago because at least he was putting out good music. But now that all his shit is shit, the toolness in him is showing tremendously.

He will continue to make millions because of idiots who fall for his marketing plots.

It's obvious he's lost his motivation. Releasing one song a year? He doesn't have a full time job and that's the best he can do? He's not a musician. He's no better than Paris Hilton or Tila Tequila.

I find it hard to listen to anything but what he's written recently. With a few exceptions, I love the new stuff, including Zeitgeist, the Z b sides and extras, Peace and Love, etc. Great stuff. Fuck off.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #144
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77 View Post
I find it hard to listen to anything but what he's written recently. With a few exceptions, I love the new stuff, including Zeitgeist, the Z b sides and extras, Peace and Love, etc. Great stuff. Fuck off.
What is it that makes you enjoy Zeitgeist? This is an honest question. You're entitled to like whatever you want, I'm just curious to know what you see that I don't.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #145
brutechinasky
Demi-God

i'm logging in for the first time in my life to say the OP is absolutely right.

oh, and that zeitgeist is utter crap

Old 07-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #146
slunken
Virgo

CHINASKI!!! NAIL YOUR ASS TO THE WALL@!!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #147
brutechinasky
Demi-God

Am I fired?
If yes, I quit.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #148
Joe
Apocalyptic Poster

shitegeist is not total shit doomsday, trantula, 7, all decent songs, bleeding is not too bad either...thats about it

Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #149
Shallowed
Braindead

Man I don't know if I've ranted about that one time I was listening to ZG while mowing the lawns already, but this one time when I was listening to ZG while mowing the lawns it was up to Bleeding the Orchid and I was like "Fuck I hate those horrible, horrible vocals" but the rest of the song, everything behind the vocals was pretty fucking powerful and by the end of it I was like "Man, I actually got a kick out of listening to that"

Old 07-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #150
brutechinasky
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo jojo View Post
shitegeist is not total shit doomsday, trantula, 7, all decent songs, bleeding is not too bad either...thats about it
handful of decent songs + bad production aimed to valorize awful vocals

the man has found jesus and (tila) tequila

let it go

ps. and i don't even know why i registered as chinasky when the correct name is chinaski

it's cause i'm a turd, i suppose