Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #91
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

however, i'm normally into the bass/drums/guitar business to overlook the vox more or less

it's not like they got a Zeitgeist mix

Old 01-20-2019, 08:59 PM   #92
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'm warming up to GVF a little bit to be honest.

They're pissing off a lot of hipsters and elitist music fans which I always enjoy seeing.
if eliciting several lethargic passing comments of "oh it's some rich kids aping led zeppelin" is equivalent to pissing off hipsters/elitists, sure

Old 01-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #93
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

at least when Muse & Coldplay ripped off Radiohead they had the decency to add a layer of their own respective offensiveness/inoffensiveness to it to actually be recognizable in their inevitable millions of radio spins

Old 01-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #94
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that was pretty mean of that pitchfork dude. i don't like this band either but to go out of your way and put them down like that... damn.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #95
FoolofaTook

led zeppelin fucking pwns.

fuck the haters.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #96
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

I'm sure Goat Land's Meat are more than seasoned enough toward criticisms such as that

Old 01-20-2019, 09:02 PM   #97
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Greeting Poor Swedes are probably doing lines of sugar in a tour bus right now throwing little darts at a little paper pitchfork as we speak!

Old 01-20-2019, 09:02 PM   #98
FoolofaTook

yeah they handled it well in that article fuzzy posted. but i'm not worried about them. i'm worried about the dude from pitchfork. wtf is wrong with him?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #99
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

it's been a while since i've seen a truly venomous article from Pitchfork like that - partly cos i never read Pitchfork - but maybe they just needed to "scratch that itch" if you know what i mean

Old 01-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #100
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Gay Banana Suites could have had one of their daddies' men tie the boy up for all we know

Old 01-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #101
FoolofaTook

i have no idea what that, like, even means man.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #102
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

what, the thing about Pitchfork, or the one about the daddies' men?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #103
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
yeah they handled it well in that article fuzzy posted. but i'm not worried about them. i'm worried about the dude from pitchfork. wtf is wrong with him?
Yeah, I mean GVF aren't really my thing at all, I wouldn't put them on my Ipod or anything. But watching some of their live footage, they can actually play and have good chemistry with each other. It's definitely something lacking in todays music scene. So the fact that they're blowing up in such a big way can only be seen as a good thing or at least "better than the other new shit dominating the airwaves"... And hell, they'll act as a gateway for a lot of youngsters to the old classic rock that they might've otherwise not gotten into.

If anything the success of these guys might light a fire under the ass of these dinosaur bands like Smashing Pumpkins who are simply coasting along on the strength and goodwill of their old music.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #104
FoolofaTook

yeah i dont like their music. but so what? they are doing well for themselves and people enjoy their music. good for them. more power to them.

this other dipshit gets paid to put people down. fuck that.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #105
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yeah, I mean GVF aren't really my thing at all, I wouldn't put them on my Ipod or anything. But watching some of their live footage, they can actually play and have good chemistry with each other. It's definitely something lacking in todays music scene. So the fact that they're blowing up in such a big way can only be seen as a good thing or at least "better than the other new shit dominating the airwaves"... And hell, they'll act as a gateway for a lot of youngsters to the old classic rock that they might've otherwise not gotten into.

If anything the success of these guys might light a fire under the ass of these dinosaur bands like Smashing Pumpkins who are simply coasting along on the strength and goodwill of their old music.
You still have an iPod in 2019?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:06 PM   #106
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
I'm warming up to GVF a little bit to be honest.

They're pissing off a lot of hipsters and elitist music fans which I always enjoy seeing. And they actually try to rock as hard as they can unlike a lot of these new wankers who are getting TONS of hype and attention by being faux-ironic or something (Father John Misty comes to mind)
lol

Axl Rose.jpg

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #107
fuzzyroes
Banned

Axl Rose is the real deal. That's why he continues to be a legend while all of these hipster bands that are all the rage one day are quickly forgotten the next.

Remember when everyone was ranting and raving ecstatically about Animal Collective? You never hear about em anymore. Or how about 2 years ago when you and RBG were super excited about how "great" Lorde is... Funny, I don't hear you 2 going off about her anymore lol... Why is that Elph?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #108
redbreegull

what the fuck are you even talking about. axl rose is a huge fucking joke

Old 01-20-2019, 11:24 PM   #109
redbreegull

Quote:
Or how about 2 years ago when you and RBG were super excited about how "great" Lorde is...
1) what the fuck are you even talking about

2) it was at least 4-5 years ago when lorde was popular

Old 01-20-2019, 11:27 PM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

You and Elph were raging so hard about how great she is... Why is that different now? How come you were so excited about the artist one day and merely a few years later you never say a peep about her? What changed?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:30 PM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

And that's precisely my point. These flavor of the weeks come along all the time with these elitist music fans going ape shit with excitement over them, but then a few years later they're onto the next fad while Axl and his fan-base remain bigger than ever.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:34 PM   #112
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

for the life of me i can't think of a bigger "flavor of the week" than fucking Axl Rose

Old 01-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #113
redbreegull

Quote:
You and Elph were raging so hard about how great she is... Why is that different now? How come you were so excited about the artist one day and merely a few years later you never say a peep about her? What changed?
I have never even heard more than a handful of Lorde songs. You just make shit up.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #114
fuzzyroes
Banned

He put out 1 amazing album and a couple pretty good albums and he's selling out sports stadiums 30 years after the fact. Goes to show how appreciated his talent is.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:39 PM   #115
redbreegull

Axl Rose is a fucking chump loser who was in a clownish band a long time ago that has a big following because they fucking suck and appeal to the lowest common denominator bone heads like yourself.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #116
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I have never even heard more than a handful of Lorde songs. You just make shit up.
You and elph were fawning over her and we were arguing about her for a few nights. Don't think I've forgotten about this.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #117
redbreegull

Quote:
You and elph were fawning over her and we were arguing about her for a few nights. Don't think I've forgotten about this.
o rly

Old 01-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #118
redbreegull

Lorde is better than Axl Rose though, for sure. That's not exactly hard. Axl Rose fucking sucks and Guns and Roses is one of the most ridiculous bullshit bands ever. Right up there with Kiss and ACDC in terms of being absolute joke garbage rock

Old 01-20-2019, 11:44 PM   #119
redbreegull

Guns and Roses is a poor man's Aerosmith, and Aerosmith fucking sucks hugely if that can even begin to accurately pinpoint the level of shittiness in Axl Rose's music

Old 01-20-2019, 11:45 PM   #120
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm pulling it up as we speak.

Or how about Hosier? Hell, I couldn't browse this forum without seeing people lose their shit in excitement over this guy... Where has the talk about him been lately? lol again here today, gone tomorrow. Axl Rose sustains. Love or hate the guy, that's another story, but he's stood the test of time in an industry with INCREDIBLY fickle fans.