great sheets

Old 05-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #34
mercurial
$ W▲ G

thread needs more clint

Old 05-28-2009, 01:57 AM   #35
28if
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: yeah seriously i think we've more than established a consensus on reality, it's not that abstract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
thread needs more clit

Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #36
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
thread needs more clint
traci_dub, recording artist

Old 05-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #37
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
this guy posts on a message board.
This is true.
Sorry I tried, but the releases I buy are so independent they don't have websites for me to pull numbers from.

But srsly now, I said "most cases". Which means there are times where the opposite is true. I even said that comparing the LP and CD for the same album could go either way . I was talking about records vs CDs in general too. You keep picking on something I've already acknowledged before you even posted in this thread.

I don't go into a store and grab both formats of everything I buy and compare them, but from my experience I'd notice the vinyl being cheaper nearly every time. I started to notice that from sites like interpunk that had both prices listed next to eachother. The record was cheaper, I thought that was strange at first too, but whatever, cheaper is better. Maybe now it's not "in some cases" since there's more of demand for them, but things change and aren't all the same everywhere, I can accept that, but it seems like you haven't.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #38
28if
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: yeah seriously i think we've more than established a consensus on reality, it's not that abstract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Woods View Post
This is true.
Sorry I tried, but the releases I buy are so independent they don't have websites for me to pull numbers from.

But srsly now, I said "most cases". Which means there are times where the opposite is true. I even said that comparing the LP and CD for the same album could go either way . I was talking about records vs CDs in general too. You keep picking on something I've already acknowledged before you even posted in this thread.

I don't go into a store and grab both formats of everything I buy and compare them, but from my experience I'd notice the vinyl being cheaper nearly every time. I started to notice that from sites like interpunk that had both prices listed next to eachother. The record was cheaper, I thought that was strange at first too, but whatever, cheaper is better. Maybe now it's not "in some cases" since there's more of demand for them, but things change and aren't all the same everywhere, I can accept that, but it seems like you haven't.
lol

Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #39
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
This is true.

http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm4.jpg

pick an album. any album. in most cases i will not be able to find a vinyl release cheaper than it's cd. i'm trying to help you illustrate your point, but you can't even illustrate your point at all. all you can do is do the typical back tracking and avoiding the issue on a point you're trying to drive home to people who know better than you, who buy vinyl, and have not seen this trend of vinyl being cheaper than cds. its the opposite. despite cd sales being low and lp sales gaining a resurgence in sales, lps still cost more. plain and simple.

again, i want to point out how helpless and retarded you are coming across. what have i not accepted? prove something to me that you're tossing my way. i've worked in record stores. i wade through bins of vinyl every week. never have i heard anyone once utter "boy, i sure can get a whole lot more records compared to what i'd spend on cd's". it seems i can't accept your stupidity and insist you just shut the fuck up and go back to your wonderland of misguided optimism.

take a look at "most case" record outlets like insound, amazon, idealcopy, etc. you show me this trend of "most cases it's cheaper". i'm wading through hundreds and thousands of records that are all more expensive. the rarity is to find the record that is cheaper than the cd. you are dyslexic.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:19 AM   #40
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
btw, it's YOU'RE

and HIGHEST.
Quote:
in most cases i will not be able to find a vinyl release cheaper than it's cd.
it's its. or isn't it?

Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 AM   #41
Joe
Apocalyptic Poster

working at a record store isnt exactly the industry

and your still gay

Old 05-28-2009, 04:16 AM   #42
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

Wow, you're being really hostile and silly about this. I've seen what I've seen, I don't have to prove shit, it was just one comment I made about why I like buying records more. But since I have this amazon giftcard here, I decided to check out their vinyl store anyway, and look what I found.

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Neutral Milk Hotel
LP $13.99
CD $14.49

Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins
LP $11.39
CD $14.49

RABBIT FUR COAT
Jenny Lewis
LP $13.28
CD $13.99

Bad Brains
Bad Brains
LP $12.33
CD $14.99

OUR ENDLESS NUMBERED DAYS
Iron & Wine
LP $11.38
CD $12.99

And this is getting really picky, I wouldn't even buy most of these records. I found some records that cost more too. It just goes to show how ANYONE can just go and find ANYTHING to prove their point. And I've already acknowledged that THE CD AND LP OF THE SAME ALBUM CAN GO EITHER WAY. HIGHER OR LOWER. That's three times already. I never said you were wrong, I was only saying in my personal experience I've come to notice that the records I buy were A) cheaper than their CD counterpart, and B) vinyls IN GENERAL are cheaper than CDs. I guess that has to do with the type of bands releasing only vinyl are different than more expensive mainstream bands, but still.

And don't give me that shit about Amazon selling cheaper than independent stores. I know for a fact that the Elliott Smith, Siamese Dream and Aeroplane Over the Sea are the same price, if not lower because I BOUGHT THEM THERE.

I don't know where you get off telling me you know more than I do. I'm the costumer, I buy these things, I know. So what do you mean I can't illustrate my point? You're not trying to "help" me with anything. You're coming off really whiney and out of touch, like an old fart on his highhorse about buying records in his day. Maybe it's where you're looking and the kinds of records you're buying that are expensive. Why can't you just accept I have bought records for cheaper than CDs? I understand things are more expensive in different stores, on different websites, can't you just understand things are different outside of your own world. Sorry you have to pay more, you want me to pick up some ultra cheapies and ship 'em to you?

Old 05-28-2009, 04:29 AM   #43
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

Cool, I just got an email update from one of my shops, I'm gonna go pick up the new Intelligence LP for 11 instead of 13 on Compact Disc.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:14 AM   #44
mercurial
$ W▲ G

Quote:
I'm the costumer, I buy these things, I know.
this is great

Old 05-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #45
Cool As Ice Cream

yo sylvia wanna cyber

Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #46
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Make me a good offer
boutros bubba - how i wrote the star spangled banner / silly me and the homosexuals - narrominded

7" is 8 euros including shipping

Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #47
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

well i've been on a record shopping spree in melbourne and i've bought 6LPs, 1 LP box set and 1 cd, so...

Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #48
Cool As Ice Cream

SO WHAT?!?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #49
D.
Consume my pants.

Noyen is right, as far as I have seen.

Although I did see the latest Band of Horses album for only $7. I love that album so much and it was so cheap I was tempted to get it and start a record collection.

In the end, I refrained. I probably won't get into vinyl until I have a permanent residence. It was a pain to move when I ony had like, 50 records.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #50
Shallowed
Braindead

My record collection is the same size as Father Dougal's record collection.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #51
Mo
Immortal

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post

Old 05-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #52
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
I had no idea who this was, so I wiki'd it and that show looks pretty funny from the description. I'm going to download some episodes if I can find them. Is it funny?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #53
severin
no more than sympathy

Quote:
This is true.
by god, do i have the perfect t-shirt for you:

Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #54
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I have been buying records for years but in the last year or two have started buying more records than CDs. Mainly because you can get some used records really cheap and a lot of new records come with a CD copy or a download code.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #55
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28if View Post
I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and noticed a new all vinyl section. A friend of mine told me Hot Topic was now selling vinyl? Perhaps vinyl will rise as a hi-fi replacement for the CD format, for true music enthusiasts at least?
Reading this feels like reading a Newsweek article about this new "all your bases are belonging to us now" fad on the internet and what it means for your retirement fund

And that feels like embarrassment

Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #56
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Wow, you're being really hostile and silly about this. I've seen what I've seen, I don't have to prove shit, it was just one comment I made about why I like buying records more. But since I have this amazon giftcard here, I decided to check out their vinyl store anyway, and look what I found.

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Neutral Milk Hotel
LP $13.99
CD $14.49

Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins
LP $11.39
CD $14.49

RABBIT FUR COAT
Jenny Lewis
LP $13.28
CD $13.99

Bad Brains
Bad Brains
LP $12.33
CD $14.99

OUR ENDLESS NUMBERED DAYS
Iron & Wine
LP $11.38
CD $12.99

And this is getting really picky, I wouldn't even buy most of these records. I found some records that cost more too. It just goes to show how ANYONE can just go and find ANYTHING to prove their point. And I've already acknowledged that THE CD AND LP OF THE SAME ALBUM CAN GO EITHER WAY. HIGHER OR LOWER. That's three times already. I never said you were wrong, I was only saying in my personal experience I've come to notice that the records I buy were A) cheaper than their CD counterpart, and B) vinyls IN GENERAL are cheaper than CDs. I guess that has to do with the type of bands releasing only vinyl are different than more expensive mainstream bands, but still.

And don't give me that shit about Amazon selling cheaper than independent stores. I know for a fact that the Elliott Smith, Siamese Dream and Aeroplane Over the Sea are the same price, if not lower because I BOUGHT THEM THERE.

I don't know where you get off telling me you know more than I do. I'm the costumer, I buy these things, I know. So what do you mean I can't illustrate my point? You're not trying to "help" me with anything. You're coming off really whiney and out of touch, like an old fart on his highhorse about buying records in his day. Maybe it's where you're looking and the kinds of records you're buying that are expensive. Why can't you just accept I have bought records for cheaper than CDs? I understand things are more expensive in different stores, on different websites, can't you just understand things are different outside of your own world. Sorry you have to pay more, you want me to pick up some ultra cheapies and ship 'em to you?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...aw/warfgif.gif

YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #57
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo jojo View Post
working at a record store isnt exactly the industry

and your still gay
owning a record label is working in the industry. distributing your own records is working in the industry. producing records is working in the industry. i could go on, but i keep forgetting YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #58
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
it's its. or isn't it?
(1) “it’s” always means “it is” or “it has” and nothing else. (2) Try changing the “its” in your sentence to “his” and if it doesn’t make sense, then go with “it’s.”

fail.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #59
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

can't we all just get along and love our vinyl together?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #60
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
(1) “it’s” always means “it is” or “it has” and nothing else. (2) Try changing the “its” in your sentence to “his” and if it doesn’t make sense, then go with “it’s.”

fail.
You might want to reread your sentence that he quoted. Cheaper than its CD. Not cheaper than it's CD.

PWNED BY A NONNATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER WHAT WHAT