Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #571
paranoid
Minion of Satan
 
paranoid's Avatar
 
Location: up a tree
Posts: 7,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
Apparently not, no.

The more you say fuck and in ever-larger font makes me think you know what you're talking about though; good sell.
You're an idiot, leave.

 
paranoid is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #572
vajohna
Ownz
 
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Then please make your point in a way that makes sense because that's exactly what I read from you.

So it IS ok to criticize Mormons for supporting prop 8? Please help me understand your wisdom.
I never said it wasn't okay to criticize the LDS church for its actions with regard to Proposition 8. What I'm saying is tarring and feathering an entire religion for taking a stance on something you don't agree with is lame. Plenty of Mormons are making the world a hell of a lot better place than the dicks that worked to get Proposition 8 passed, and almost certainly a better place than the majority of the people who frequent internet forums. As much as any religious institution would like to, they don't speak for every follower.

If you think Monte is an idiot for believing what his religious leaders believe, that's fine. I doubt the guy has really given it much thought, to be honest. I personally don't have a clue how anyone could justify denying the right of two people to legally marry under the law. It's totally crazy.

 
vajohna is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #573
vajohna
Ownz
 
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
You're an idiot, leave.
Learn to form a sentence.

 
vajohna is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #574
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
I never said it wasn't okay to criticize the LDS church for its actions with regard to Proposition 8. What I'm saying is tarring and feathering an entire religion for taking a stance on something you don't agree with is lame. Plenty of Mormons are making the world a hell of a lot better place than the dicks that worked to get Proposition 8 passed, and almost certainly a better place than the majority of the people who frequent internet forums. As much as any religious institution would like to, they don't speak for every follower.

If you think Monte is an idiot for believing what his religious leaders believe, that's fine. I doubt the guy has really given it much thought, to be honest. I personally don't have a clue how anyone could justify denying the right of two people to legally marry under the law. It's totally crazy.
Monte actively campaigned for Prop 8...because his church told him to (and because he's too much of a bigot to disagree)

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #575
bs1933
Demi-God
 
bs1933's Avatar
 
Location: The Nasty
Posts: 397
Default

I am always really surprised to find people here caring about gay rights. I would never have guessed.

 
bs1933 is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #576
vajohna
Ownz
 
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Monte actively campaigned for Prop 8...because his church told him to (and because he's too much of a bigot to disagree)
I think that sucks and I hope he feels shame when his children find out what he did. I don't believe any god would agree with inhibiting the path to happiness of another of his or her children. I still sincerely doubt that he gave it much thought, which is the sad part.

I stand by what I said though - tarring and feathering the whole religion, given the real good that's done around the world by them, is wrong.

 
vajohna is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #577
Starla
*****
 
Starla's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1933 View Post
I am always really surprised to find people here caring about gay rights. I would never have guessed.
Maybe it's because we have gay people who post here?

 
Starla is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #578
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
I think that sucks and I hope he feels shame when his children find out what he did. I don't believe any god would agree with inhibiting the path to happiness of another of his or her children. I still sincerely doubt that he gave it much thought, which is the sad part.

I stand by what I said though - tarring and feathering the whole religion, given the real good that's done around the world by them, is wrong.

Fair enough. I hate Mormonism and most organized religion but that's another horse not worth beating.

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #579
bs1933
Demi-God
 
bs1933's Avatar
 
Location: The Nasty
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Maybe it's because we have gay people who post here?
Well lots of people will jump all over others for the smallest thing... It can get pretty hostile. It just seems like a subject matter that would make for an easy target.

 
bs1933 is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #580
T&T
Socialphobic
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 11,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
I stand by what I said though - tarring and feathering the whole religion, given the real good that's done around the world by them, is wrong.
this thread is about hating monte, not Mormonism. so relax.
as long as we all agree he's an idiot, which you've also said he was

 
T&T is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #581
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,630
Default

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...10213576_n.jpg

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #582
bs1933
Demi-God
 
bs1933's Avatar
 
Location: The Nasty
Posts: 397
Default

I don't think anyone is saying there is anything wrong with being gay in this thread.

 
bs1933 is offline
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #583
paranoid
Minion of Satan
 
paranoid's Avatar
 
Location: up a tree
Posts: 7,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
Learn to form a sentence.
Learn to read a sentence.

But if this makes you feel better:

Please leave, you idiot.

 
paranoid is offline
Old 12-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #584
D.
Consume my pants.
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Missouri
Posts: 36,099
Default

awesome.

another thread that devolves into an argument about mormonism, religion, and gay rights. cool. we need more of these.

 
D. is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machina II on ebay MyOneAndOnly Pumpkins Archive 411 06-25-2012 10:40 PM
suprise Q and a! haywood Pumpkins Archive 17 04-11-2012 01:46 PM
Monthly dean_r_koontz appreciation / positive comments thread Warsaw General Chat Archive 10 12-06-2007 07:32 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2022