MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

idle threats, now by the fans

Old 06-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #122
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
backtracking much? whether you mentioned it or not she probably knew it was in the works.
I don't know what you mean. i posted that information here and didn't say this to the seller

Old 06-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #123
MonteLDS
*sigh*

My exact message to the seller:
You may of seen this already but Billy said to me today
"if [the] Machina 2 is the Q101 copy than it should not be made available for sale because it was given as promo only and SP owns rights"
https://twitter.com/Billy/status/208324470383976448

It might be wise to take the item down.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #124
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

If he filed a lawsuit she would have been contacted. You said he filed a lawsuit.

And she may have seen the stuff here as well.

Either way you are a dumb minion that scared someone who legally owned Machina II into taking it down because little biwwy was mad

Old 06-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #125
MonteLDS
*sigh*

i said he did? where did i say that he did?

Old 06-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #126
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

billy doesn't own the rights to albums he gave away.... and told people to copy and distribute for free...

Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #127
subzero
Demi-God

great work monte

Old 06-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #128
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Looks like i missed this email the seller sent me

They were given away. It does not say anywhere on it that it is for "promotion" or "not for sale". If Billy Corgan needs me to take the listing down then he should contact me through ebay with a phone number and I would gladly contact him back.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #129
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
ok, you just worded it strangly so I misunderstood. it doesn't matter anyway. fuck billy corgan and fuck you for being his minion

Quote:
Either way you are a dumb minion that scared someone who legally owned Machina II into taking it down because little biwwy was mad

Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #130
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
the seller didn't reply to my message, and the item wasn't canceled until 24+ hours after I sent it.
That does not suggest that she wasn't threatened by your message, but of course you wouldn't realize this logical problem, because you have the critical thinking abilities of an armchair

Old 06-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #131
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Billy would of sued.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #132
subzero
Demi-God

that phony pony line is so terrible

Old 06-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #133
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Looks like i missed this email the seller sent me

They were given away. It does not say anywhere on it that it is for "promotion" or "not for sale". If Billy Corgan needs me to take the listing down then he should contact me through ebay with a phone number and I would gladly contact him back.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #134
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

this could go down as a memorable thread. but it needs a few more pages to get there

Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #135
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Maybe someone should contact the seller, explain Monte, and get them to relist it at $10,000.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #136
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I think she deleted her acct. so to contact her you'll need her personal contact info.

If she's willing to part with it it should go to a collector who really wants it. I'd hate to see billy's mafia scaring her into keeping it hidden away.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #137
subzero
Demi-God

nice of billy to police the second part of the album that killed his band

Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #138
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Monte, you are truly an embarrassment to the Smashing Pumpkins community. A man who once tried to steal music behind a SP fan's while he was not in the room harasses a woman for trying to sell an item that she is legally able to.

I have had many of my comments about you deleted on the o-board, but here we go as I think Billy summed up my feelings about you with a different individual

Quote:
you ugly piece of shit...if this is what you have to do to not kill your unhappy self, well then i'd say it was a wise decision. beyond that, you are fucking lame, dumb, and so so ugly.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #139
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

How the fuck did i miss this?

I would have bid bid bid. The only thing sp related that I want.

Also Monte, you're a sack of shit. Fuck you for stopping people from being able to buy this.

Someone quote me cause the nutless fuck has me on ignore. He's too much of a baby to read what people think of him.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #140
Monet LSD
Ownz

Location: ...Talk about dedication, going all the way to the down under to read a rolling stones.

Quote:
it was the seller choice to cancel it
Quote:
Billy would of sued.
Quote:
You may of seen this already

Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #141
Monet LSD
Ownz

Location: ...Talk about dedication, going all the way to the down under to read a rolling stones.

Quote:
That's what your sentence looks like you meant:

Quote:
lets just say he submitted a lawsuit. that would be a lot trouble to deal with for the seller that they would likely not want to face.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #142
fuzzyroes
Banned

Monte how does it feel to be an awful human being? She had purchased an album that was given to a radio station 12 years ago... She has every right to do with it as she pleases... Whats Billy gonna do, Sue a radio station not in existence anymore for donating an album to charity that he himself gave to them 12 years ago? Yeah thats gonna hold up in a court of law... I don't even think a lawyer would be stupid enough to take something like that on.

Why did you even decide to get involved in her business in the first place?.. Billys loaded and perhaps this person is really in need of money and you just had to have a hand in fucking her over.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #143
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

i think monte was TRYING to say something like, "What if Billy had submitted a lawsuit", but as usual derped out something else that means something completely diferent

Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #144
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
She had purchased an album
This happened?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #145
fuzzyroes
Banned

One has to imagine. Even so I don't know why Corgans so concerned with people profiting off of him. The guys rich as fuck... What does he care?

I heard a story before that he wouldn't even sign a die hards guitar in fear that he would sell it if he ever hit some hard times.

Guys seriously a nutbar.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #146
Shallowed
Braindead

I thought he gave it to her in 2000.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #147
iPumpkin
Ownz

"SP owns the rights"

How can you own the rights to an Album?

If I gave you a car for free could I sue you for the rights if you tried to sell it 12 years from now?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #148
iPumpkin
Ownz

I don't get this at all. Wouldn't Bill be proud this thing fetched $10,000+ on eBay? He was just talking in an interview about the SPRC that if you don't want something you bought from him, sell it on eBay for a couple hundred bucks.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #149
agnew
Oblivious Virgin

1) M2 copies were given away for free (I certainly don't remember any conditions/warnings when I got mine, even if it was understood that I wouldn't -want- to sell it in the first place). There is no "promo only, not for sale" sticker (or any other words, for that matter, other than 'the story of june (so far)') anywhere on the releases. Even if there were, it wouldn't constitute a legal agreement, esp. since the copy has already changed hands since Billy gave it to Q101. This has been demonstrated in court (in a case involving the sale of promo CDs- h/t HU):
https://www.eff.org/press/archives/2011/01/04-0
Quote:
"Once a copyrighted work is freely given, the copyright holder isn't in charge anymore. The copyright owner can't stop you from selling it or lending it to a friend."
2) IMO (and I'm sure this would come up if it actually did go to court) the existence of M2 on ebay should be treated no differently than other items that were clearly never intended for sale. RIAA gold/platinum awards come to mind, as well as a lot of other bizarre stuff that's on spfreaks (I'm willing to bet that the spfreaks team didn't acquire all of that stuff for free because of some idea that money shouldn't change hands). Why the sudden "outrage" (if you can call it that) over M2, where there was none for other "shouldn't be sold" items? Would things be different if the seller was in a financial emergency, like Laura Ann was when she auctioned off her drum set from Jimmy- something that logically should be far more rare and valuable than some vinyl? If so, why should they be?

3) While I can understand Billy being upset that something he gave away for free is being auctioned off (for a large sum of money, which he may, rightly or otherwise, feel entitled to himself), if he actually sued the seller over this- that is, took a regular person (not even the original recipient) to court for selling something that he thought "shouldn't be sold"- it would very rightly be seen as a total dick move, and there would be an ENORMOUS backlash. Pitchfork & all the other sites would have a field day with that story. He'd be about as well-liked as Lars Ulrich in the Napster days. Obviously he can afford the case money-wise (and I'm sure he has a very good lawyer), but reputation-wise it would be REALLY stupid, and I can't imagine him not being aware of that.

4) Regardless of Billy's feelings on the auction, I don't see how it's anyone's place to act as "enforcer" on his behalf. Monte, I know that at least one of your friends (possibly more) was bidding on it, and you may have just denied them the opportunity to buy something they've wanted very badly for quite a long time. And gloating here about pissing people off isn't gonna win you any points with anyone.

5) Finally, I really don't understand Billy's "phony pony" comment. Looked pretty convincing to me, and it seems like it would be an awful lot of trouble to build a complete reproduction of all 5 discs + packaging, 4 kinds of tape, etc. Plus, someone trying to sell a bootleg copy with that level of detail would almost -definitely- be sued for counterfeit/fraud, and likely lose a lot more than what it cost to make the copy (which I can't imagine would be cheap).

Old 06-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #150
Shallowed
Braindead

Eric knows what's up.