Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #571
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
Apparently not, no.

The more you say fuck and in ever-larger font makes me think you know what you're talking about though; good sell.
You're an idiot, leave.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #572
vajohna
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Then please make your point in a way that makes sense because that's exactly what I read from you.

So it IS ok to criticize Mormons for supporting prop 8? Please help me understand your wisdom.
I never said it wasn't okay to criticize the LDS church for its actions with regard to Proposition 8. What I'm saying is tarring and feathering an entire religion for taking a stance on something you don't agree with is lame. Plenty of Mormons are making the world a hell of a lot better place than the dicks that worked to get Proposition 8 passed, and almost certainly a better place than the majority of the people who frequent internet forums. As much as any religious institution would like to, they don't speak for every follower.

If you think Monte is an idiot for believing what his religious leaders believe, that's fine. I doubt the guy has really given it much thought, to be honest. I personally don't have a clue how anyone could justify denying the right of two people to legally marry under the law. It's totally crazy.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #573
vajohna
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
You're an idiot, leave.
Learn to form a sentence.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #574
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
I never said it wasn't okay to criticize the LDS church for its actions with regard to Proposition 8. What I'm saying is tarring and feathering an entire religion for taking a stance on something you don't agree with is lame. Plenty of Mormons are making the world a hell of a lot better place than the dicks that worked to get Proposition 8 passed, and almost certainly a better place than the majority of the people who frequent internet forums. As much as any religious institution would like to, they don't speak for every follower.

If you think Monte is an idiot for believing what his religious leaders believe, that's fine. I doubt the guy has really given it much thought, to be honest. I personally don't have a clue how anyone could justify denying the right of two people to legally marry under the law. It's totally crazy.
Monte actively campaigned for Prop 8...because his church told him to (and because he's too much of a bigot to disagree)

Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #575
bs1933
Demi-God

I am always really surprised to find people here caring about gay rights. I would never have guessed.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #576
vajohna
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Monte actively campaigned for Prop 8...because his church told him to (and because he's too much of a bigot to disagree)
I think that sucks and I hope he feels shame when his children find out what he did. I don't believe any god would agree with inhibiting the path to happiness of another of his or her children. I still sincerely doubt that he gave it much thought, which is the sad part.

I stand by what I said though - tarring and feathering the whole religion, given the real good that's done around the world by them, is wrong.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #577
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1933 View Post
I am always really surprised to find people here caring about gay rights. I would never have guessed.
Maybe it's because we have gay people who post here?

Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #578
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
I think that sucks and I hope he feels shame when his children find out what he did. I don't believe any god would agree with inhibiting the path to happiness of another of his or her children. I still sincerely doubt that he gave it much thought, which is the sad part.

I stand by what I said though - tarring and feathering the whole religion, given the real good that's done around the world by them, is wrong.

Fair enough. I hate Mormonism and most organized religion but that's another horse not worth beating.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #579
bs1933
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Maybe it's because we have gay people who post here?
Well lots of people will jump all over others for the smallest thing... It can get pretty hostile. It just seems like a subject matter that would make for an easy target.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #580
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
this thread is about hating monte, not Mormonism. so relax.
as long as we all agree he's an idiot, which you've also said he was

Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #581
TuralyonW3
Immortal

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...10213576_n.jpg

Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #582
bs1933
Demi-God

I don't think anyone is saying there is anything wrong with being gay in this thread.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #583
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Learn to form a sentence.
Learn to read a sentence.

But if this makes you feel better:

Please leave, you idiot.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #584
D.
Consume my pants.

awesome.

another thread that devolves into an argument about mormonism, religion, and gay rights. cool. we need more of these.