Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 08:07 PM   #4261
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
they work well until you go inside and need them to lighten up, cause it takes about 7 minutes
Blame Conservatives. They have been advancing bills that prohibit lenses from transitioning until after at least seven minutes.

Old 03-05-2023, 08:54 PM   #4262
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

they're basically two pairs of glasses in one and i like the convenience of my regular glasses turning into sunglasses. iz like magic!

i had some in my early 20s and i really don't care about the stigma of dorkiness that surrounds them.

Old 03-05-2023, 09:58 PM   #4263
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have an epically dorky photo and me and my friend both rocking our transition lenses in the sun, and mine had a purple tint. This was also during my "tie my shirt up with a scrunchie" phase so it's just super cool.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:09 PM   #4264
yo soy el mejor

my least favorite photo from my youth is of me wearing a mexican dress with velcro sneakers and my hair is green (turned that from blue) and i have braces. total yikes but at least i was confident.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:12 PM   #4265
yo soy el mejor

imagine something like this with grey velcro sneakers. OY VEY

Old 03-06-2023, 04:03 PM   #4266
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I also had blue hair that turned green at one time.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:06 PM   #4267
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I remember when my friends and I all had silly curtains hairstyles. Then there was the time I let my friend shave my head but leave a fringe at the front. God.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:52 PM   #4268
yo soy el mejor

curtains? you mean bangs? my lil bro had emo boy hair that he always flipped out of his face by just moving his head. ugh, but i still love him so bad.

i'm sure if i were a dude i would've let somebody shave my head. i did let someone cut off a big chunk of hair in class while the teacher was gone and once my mother picked me up from a friend's house with a fresh cut. she was pissed and took me straight to a barber.

she was constantly up my ass about appearance saying people wouldn't care about me if i looked like i didn't care about myself...i hated it so much and now i'm self-conscious as fuck. she sneaked up on me with a brush one time so i rustled up my hair and then she laughed at me which made me so mad i cried.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:03 PM   #4269
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
I also had blue hair that turned green at one time.
Me too!

Old 03-06-2023, 07:57 PM   #4270
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
curtains? you mean bangs? my lil bro had emo boy hair that he always flipped out of his face by just moving his head. ugh, but i still love him so bad.

i'm sure if i were a dude i would've let somebody shave my head. i did let someone cut off a big chunk of hair in class while the teacher was gone and once my mother picked me up from a friend's house with a fresh cut. she was pissed and took me straight to a barber.

she was constantly up my ass about appearance saying people wouldn't care about me if i looked like i didn't care about myself...i hated it so much and now i'm self-conscious as fuck. she sneaked up on me with a brush one time so i rustled up my hair and then she laughed at me which made me so mad i cried.
We don't really call them bangs over here, but yeah along those lines.

I shave my head regularly these days as I'm developing a bald patch. I always thought I'd be depressed when I started losing my hair, but it doesn't really bother me.

That sounds tough. My parents were never really on at me about anything, but I went a bit off the rails and it was tough for them I suppose.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:00 PM   #4271
yo soy el mejor

blue to green club! woo!

Old 03-06-2023, 10:47 PM   #4272
ilikeplanets
Braindead

The pictures I had of that look were all deleted when MySpace disappeared over night, taking everyone's photos with it

Old 03-08-2023, 09:03 PM   #4273
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
imagine something like this with grey velcro sneakers. OY VEY

hahahaha

Old 03-08-2023, 09:14 PM   #4274
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

hahahaha

Old 03-09-2023, 03:20 PM   #4275
Ram27
dumb

i am currently applying for 'proper' jobs, specifically trying to find remote ones, and it feels like my brain and soul have been stabbed in multiple crucial places. there are a few that seem 'ok' but embedded in the searches are 80000 fucking fake weird fucking dry soulless fucking like abstract cloud logo ass fucking places that do fucking 'business' stuff. and the sites are such such ass holy fucking shit

how does 95% of the country have a job but getting a real one is impossible?

i was gonna say i want to work remotely but if it's anything this grating i'll work in a factory for 13 hours. maybe it'll help my fucking patience

Old 03-09-2023, 03:23 PM   #4276
Ram27
dumb

even the phrase 'applying for jobs' makes me wanna punch myself cause i sound like some fucking terminally vague fucking recruiter fucking sales fucking role lead fucking manager fucking customer agent fucking asshole

at least death awaits in 0-60 years

Old 03-09-2023, 05:18 PM   #4277
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm over halfway through my evening classes, and I've already signed up for more. Next I'm doing a course on substance misuse, a subject I find interesting.

Old 03-12-2023, 01:16 AM   #4278
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Browsing my Facebook groups and there was this long thread about how often people bathe their kids. So, SO many people are saying once or twice per week. Wtf? Mine have both had daily baths every night since they were born, with extremely few exceptions. Who lets their diaper-aged, floor-crawling, food-smearing, dirt-grabbing children go a week without a bath? I am kinda horrified, but apparently I'm in the minority. Gross!!

Old 03-12-2023, 01:44 AM   #4279
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I consider myself open minded and willing to learn, but "keeping your children sufficiently clean" is not an area with any flexibility for me.

My favorite logic-defying reasoning: "Well, I figured there's plenty of people in the world who don't have access to clean water, so it's probably okay that I only give my kid a bath 10 times a year."

Whaaaat???

Old 03-12-2023, 01:08 PM   #4280
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

now that abortion is illegal, there are so many babies it outnumbers the bath supplies necessary to clean the little bastards every day

Old 03-12-2023, 05:25 PM   #4281
yo soy el mejor

i started an adult tap dancing two Saturdays ago. we're working on flaps and other basic stuff and combinations.

this is my teacher

Old 03-12-2023, 05:36 PM   #4282
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Browsing my Facebook groups and there was this long thread about how often people bathe their kids. So, SO many people are saying once or twice per week. Wtf? Mine have both had daily baths every night since they were born, with extremely few exceptions. Who lets their diaper-aged, floor-crawling, food-smearing, dirt-grabbing children go a week without a bath? I am kinda horrified, but apparently I'm in the minority. Gross!!
my mother did this as well. She used to say every night at bath time "cleanliness is next to godliness"

Old 03-12-2023, 05:43 PM   #4283
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Tap dancing always looks fun.

Old 03-12-2023, 06:03 PM   #4284
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
my mother did this as well. She used to say every night at bath time "cleanliness is next to godliness"
I hope I don't make it weird like that!

Old 03-12-2023, 06:10 PM   #4285
yo soy el mejor

this is also him. makes me feel v privileged to have him teach me. at first i thought his effusive way of speaking was a put-on but it seems very true to him

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 03-13-2023 at 03:40 AM.

Old 03-12-2023, 06:12 PM   #4286
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
Tap dancing always looks fun.
Indeed

Old 03-12-2023, 08:53 PM   #4287
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Mine were terrible sleepers when they were preschoolers so we did nightly baths for a lot of reasons including the all encompassing “bedtime routine” that I convinced myself was making a difference to how easily they went to sleep

But also they were typical rip shit n bust boys, so they were caked in dirt and Lord knows what else by the end of the day.

It is a waste of treated drinking water to run baths every day though. My eco-warrior friends were all very anti-daily-baths. And bathed their kids in baby baths until they were 7 or something, so as not to waste water

Old 03-12-2023, 11:04 PM   #4288
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You could always just bathe them in kerosene like Australian care home residents.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:46 PM   #4289
Ram27
dumb

why not teach them to shower?

Old 03-13-2023, 01:12 AM   #4290
ilikeplanets
Braindead

1 year olds or home care residents?

Closed Thread