Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #301
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
Lol she would NEVER quit for mike. Nicole only cares about her career.
Also, lol if people start hating on her now. Been anticipating the 180 of fans especially those who tried to get close to her to be on the "in" group of SP.
I never gave a shit about her so this ain't a 180. Good riddance to her too

Old 05-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #302
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
She was rubbing me the wrong way anyway.
Go on...

Old 05-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #303
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Of all the people bills had in and out of the band she's one of the most down to earth and approachable.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #304
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Nothing to go on about if im getting rubbed the wrong way

Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #305
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Could you describe the nature of the rubbing

Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #306
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

It isn't specifically about you but trust me it is true. The fans who just followed billy's build up of nicole and mike and regurgitated it are dizzy, unable to figure out exactly what to say now, probably wondering if they should stop following them.

Imagine if Billy flames them, imagine how those people will have to go back on their "love" of those two! Hahaha!

Old 05-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #307
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Nicole has known she has been out of SP but to sell her garbage she kept up the farce. That is a reason to be rubbed the wrong way. Also, how about how she goes on and on about gay rights issues BUT behind the scenes tells people she is going to continue to support monte because free publicity is good! There are emails to prove this which I can't release!

Fakest of fake, which is why when Billy got rid of her he gushed about D'arcy.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #308
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #309
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Who even gives a shit
Quote:
This is funny

Post more of this.
Quote:
Of all the people bills had in and out of the band she's one of the most down to earth and approachable.
Quote:
Could you describe the nature of the rubbing
This guy is pretty funny, he says nicole's band is better than sp. he paid $150 for a skype concert of 6 songs of cold and lovely. Why is he here? She is out of the band. Go create a message board for her.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #310
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Nicole has known she has been out of SP but to sell her garbage she kept up the farce. That is a reason to be rubbed the wrong way. Also, how about how she goes on and on about gay rights issues BUT behind the scenes tells people she is going to continue to support monte because free publicity is good! There are emails to prove this which I can't release!

Fakest of fake, which is why when Billy got rid of her he gushed about D'arcy.
Had a feeling she was shitty like this.

When exactly did BC get rid of her?

Old 05-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #311
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I really don't see what the problem is. She was in SP for a several years. If Billy can use the SP name to sell wrestling and tea then I don't see why Nicole can't use the SP name to sell equipment she used while she with the band.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #312
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

There is no proof of when. But she stopped supporting sp online since fall of 2013. The last tour ended badly, no one knows why he got so upset. But his gushing about d'arcy and even saying something nice about james is similar to the end of zwan.

I felt there was an issue between Billy and Nicole when he asked her to do the bass solo on tour and she refused. He stated he could and then he did on her bass. That came across as him outing her as not being as spectacular as was sold to us. Where are the melodic basslines like oceania on C&L's records? My thoughts are that Billy coached her and she became ungreatful.

This is not to say billy wasn't shitty, most likely he was jealous that she was so popular. Her name yelled more than his. Nicole worked the fan bass.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #313
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
I really don't see what the problem is. She was in SP for a several years. If Billy can use the SP name to sell wrestling and tea then I don't see why Nicole can't use the SP name to sell equipment she used while she with the band.
I don't see an issue with her selling her SP basses as SP basses either.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #314
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

This band is iike a fucking episode of Degrassi. It must kill Billy that Pearl Jam doesn't have this kind of bullshit drama and revolving door of talent and they can still sell out arenas.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #315
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't think Billy knows how to function without drama. If there isn't any, he'll just find a way to create some. He's like the male version of Courtney Love.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #316
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

All in all, with all the shit I am saying. Nicole isn't a total horrible person, she just needs her new band to succeed and put that above a lot of other things. That isn't abnormal or that bad. She does exploit fans but behind the scenes, she has more fans doing free stuff for her than corgan does but she doesn't have the money corgan does. She is a good player and I like oceania.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #317
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

At this point most of the drama is fan speculation

Old 05-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #318
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
At this point most of the drama is fan speculation
Maybe a good portion of it, but Billy sure doesn't do a good job of setting the record straight, especially for someone so concerned with public image.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #319
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Nope, she has told people at the end of the 2013 tour there was a lot of negativity in the band.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #320
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

And you're surprised by that?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #321
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
It's weird, I can't get my ears to listen to his voice objectively or something. So many people keep saying how awful is singing is now, but I only hear some better days/songs and some where he didn't sound good. Which also seems to depend on if he enjoys it or not imo. But I don't hear how his voice is generally worse than in 2007.

Like here, Stand Inside Your Love 1:30-2:00

2013, 5th concert within a week, and he was sick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmbsUJa7X9Y

compared to 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARyTtisFqBA

Maybe I'm deaf, but in this case I think he sounded better in 2013 than in 2007.
I didn't mean "since 2007", I meant since, like, 1999

I guess it was immediately before Adore that he decided to take voice lessons? I imagine because he was frustrated with his lack of control/consistency especially with live vocals which though not always tuneful worked fine for a live situation imo

Adore and Machina both demonstrate some of this new tightness but to a much less exaggerated degree. I can't listen to Zwan vocals either (I didn't like most of those songs anyway) but there were still some glimpses of his voice relaxing. TFE is where it's pretty much cemented into where he is now, but the production on that album (as opposed to Zeitgeist especially) and the style of the songs made it kinda okay. Zeitgeist on, the vocals have basically destroyed my ability to enjoy Billy's music, sadly. Slap some better vocals on Zeitgeist and I'd probably still have it in rotation

Old 05-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #322
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
And you're surprised by that?
Scotty, you just keep flip flopping on things.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #323
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 View Post
This band is iike a fucking episode of Degrassi. It must kill Billy that Pearl Jam doesn't have this kind of bullshit drama and revolving door of talent and they can still sell out arenas.
...and Ed is enjoying his solo tours in between...

Old 05-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #324
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

I'd gladly listen to 8 hours of Eddie on ukulele than 5 minutes of whatever that thing Billy did at Madame ZuZus was.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #325
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
I didn't mean "since 2007", I meant since, like, 1999

I guess it was immediately before Adore that he decided to take voice lessons? I imagine because he was frustrated with his lack of control/consistency especially with live vocals which though not always tuneful worked fine for a live situation imo

Adore and Machina both demonstrate some of this new tightness but to a much less exaggerated degree. I can't listen to Zwan vocals either (I didn't like most of those songs anyway) but there were still some glimpses of his voice relaxing. TFE is where it's pretty much cemented into where he is now, but the production on that album (as opposed to Zeitgeist especially) and the style of the songs made it kinda okay. Zeitgeist on, the vocals have basically destroyed my ability to enjoy Billy's music, sadly. Slap some better vocals on Zeitgeist and I'd probably still have it in rotation
So true.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #326
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 View Post
I'd gladly listen to 8 hours of Eddie on ukulele than 5 minutes of whatever that thing Billy did at Madame ZuZus was.
The instrument he plays in that first YouTube clip (Rise) is a mandolin actually.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #327
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

I was merely referencing ukulele because of the title of his solo album "Ukulele Songs" (which is actually not bad.)

Old 05-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #328
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
I guess it was immediately before Adore that he decided to take voice lessons?
>>>

Quote:
Pulse Magazine
June 1998

"I'm pretty unhappy with my voice right now," he finally admits, grimacing slightly. Corgan's discontent isn't a result of too much screaming, excessive partying or a common head cold; it stems from something far more troubling and permanent. "I'm not technically as proficient as I should be, and that really holds us back," he says. "I started taking voice lessons nine months ago, and my voice teacher told me, 'You sing completely wrong.' Also, my natural voice is very high, and even when I sing from my diaphragm, it's still very narrow and nasal."

Corgan's major frustration isn't that he will have to work hard to improve his voice; it's that he simply will have to accept his vocal limitations. After all, he's not really used to accepting anything. Ever since 1990, when the Smashing Pumpkins first emerged from the Chicago alt-rock underground as a totally unknown entity, the band has thrived on pushing the limits and striving for the impossible. They've became notorious for locking themselves in the studio for months on end, recording dozens of different takes and splicing together the best segments until they're perfect. They've endured exhaustive touring, inner-band turmoil, lineup shake-ups and critical crucifixion. And not only have they lived to tell the tale, they've gained incentive and inspiration from their adversity.
Source:
http://www.starla.org/articles/p98.htm

Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #329
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm so conflicted - Mike has riled me so much over the past few years that Tommy Lee drumming for the Smashing Pumpkins seems like a good thing.

Imagine Tommy Lee joining the band at any other point in it's history. It's just ridiculous. But I'm at a point where he, in some twisted way, seems like a viable choice...

You can't replace Jimmy, but in a sense you can replace some of the individual facets of playing that define SP

I mean. The proof will be in who Billy gets for the next record - if he goes for another niche drumming style - I guess he either can't find one of the great "all rounders" who will accept the gig, or this is how he actually wants to move forward.

But If Tommy Lee is the new SP drummer who is going to go out and play the old shit - boy oh boy we're in trouble ~again~...

Old 05-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #330
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Nope, she has told people at the end of the 2013 tour there was a lot of negativity in the band.
What do you know about what happened? And when did she say this?