Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #31
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
I did not get a toxic vibe from this guy, though, considering he's a pastor and I saw him hugging some youths (most of whom were young men)
I, too, would have zero concerns with this situation, having just woken up from a fifty-year nap

Old 10-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #32
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

he's not a protected white priest. a majority of organizations meant to curb violence in latino and black neighborhoods are run by religious leaders because residents here trust their church more than than they do the government after decades of disinvestment and neglect. stop trying to apply your narrow white mainstream insight to shit you don't know about just to poop on it. yeah i know said shit and poop in the same sentence, but i'm not wrong.

aye, t-bird. you just wanna find something to say to me about something

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 10-29-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:56 PM   #33
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

I mean, come on, it's a fairly obvious joke to make about a priest hugging young boys, I wasn't trying to, like, attack you

I'm fairly certain no one I know in real life would feel the need to say your second sentence to me, but I'm glad you have a very solid picture in my head of who I am and my whole deal based on a posting style where I very consciously revealed absolutely nothing about myself until I loosened up slightly within like the past few months and admitted stuff like "I'm skinny"

Old 10-29-2021, 07:50 PM   #34
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Pass the popcorn the spergies are gonna have a wrassle!

Old 10-29-2021, 08:00 PM   #35
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

There is a BBQ restaurant here where the old fat ladies hug you before you order. It’s their gimmick. I’m assuming post pandemic they might have changed though.

Old 10-30-2021, 01:59 AM   #36
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Prepping for the interviews for my current employer I wrote about 40 "stories" or outlines and categorized them under the business principles the company operates under. As I was asked questions I was able to pick from those story outlines to answer the questions. And all of them used the STAR method. Which i suggest using anytime you give an inverview.

It helps that all of their interview questions are themed to align with their corporate principles. But the stories i used are practical for any interview. I spent a LOT of time prepping. I have a friend who is interviewing with us now and I basically handed her pages and pages of my notes for her to use
This is a great idea - I use the STAR method, and I’d prepared some stories - but not many. 10 at a stretch. 40 is insane…I think part of the problem is I just don’t have that many work stories. But you’ve definitely inspired me to prepare more than 10…

All the jobs I’m going for are public sector - this latest one provided a lot of information about the role, what the ministry looks for during recruitment, the different weighting of those factors for different types and seniority of roles - and the job description was very clear about what candidates needed. I think that’s why I was so thrown by the question - I’d spent a few hours looking at organisational processes relevant to the role and was blindsided by a question about my personal life.

The questions they asked me were quite broad, and ones I haven’t had before, like:
Tell me your experience working in regulatory environments. What kind of regulations and regulatory processes have you worked with, what challenges did you face in their application, and how did you overcome those challenges?

And crazy broad ones like:
Tell me about a time you encountered a problem. What methods did you use to uncover the causes of the problem and how did you know you had identified the causes correctly?

I really agree with what dogfighter said about jumping through these hoops for jobs that won’t require you to demonstrate those same skills, at least not immediately. When I asked the person currently doing the job (who was one of the interviewers) if she could describe a typical day of work, and how that had changed since she started last year, the work she described sounded very manageable to me…even if the questions I had to answer to get to the job made me look like I wasn’t capable of doing it…

Bleh

Old 10-30-2021, 02:03 AM   #37
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I feel like, to stand out, your responses have to be on the level of, like, "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager's decision, and how you handled it." "The year was 2003. Early March. At the beginning of February, the space shuttle Columbia had disintegrated upon reentry, killing all ten astronauts aboard, and Fred Rogers had died at the end, leaving America with the feeling that our childhoods had been irretrievably lost... [Twenty minutes later] ...And that's when I found my manager's body in the last stall of the men's fifth floor bathroom. He'd committed seppuku, and the suicide note clutched in his hand demanded that I take over his role at the company, marry his widow, and adopt his kids. He said he'd been wrong, and he was sorry."

Anyway, good luck to everyone out there, interviewing. It fucking sucks, but at least it's a different suck than filling out online applications all day and never getting so much as an automated "Thank you, but we've chosen to go with..." back from 99% of them.
Oh man I laughed so hard at this. So true

I need some of these stories

Thanks for the good luck and yeah you are right. Getting an interview is valuable even when it is awful, and I am grateful for that

I was in the other position a couple of years ago and really began to feel like I would never get a job of any kind

Old 10-30-2021, 08:35 AM   #38
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I mean, come on, it's a fairly obvious joke to make about a priest hugging young boys, I wasn't trying to, like, attack you

I'm fairly certain no one I know in real life would feel the need to say your second sentence to me, but I'm glad you have a very solid picture in my head of who I am and my whole deal based on a posting style where I very consciously revealed absolutely nothing about myself until I loosened up slightly within like the past few months and admitted stuff like "I'm skinny"
don't gaslight me, honey

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 10-30-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:38 AM   #39
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
Pass the popcorn the spergies are gonna have a wrassle!
what's a spergy?

& wow. that whole STAR method things sounds really popular. i used to prep for interviews but that just makes me more nervous, so i just "study" the job description and let it ride

Old 10-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #40
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
what's a spergy?
it's a derogatory term for people with asperger's syndrome. which doesn't technically exist anymore but was a subtype of autism

Old 10-30-2021, 06:04 PM   #41
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

i jest, as someone who has a sibling formally diagnosed with that and who myself constantly misses social cues

Old 10-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #42
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
This is a great idea - I use the STAR method, and I’d prepared some stories - but not many. 10 at a stretch. 40 is insane…I think part of the problem is I just don’t have that many work stories. But you’ve definitely inspired me to prepare more than 10…

Bleh
I needed as many as I could think of. Because i had to do 8 hours of interviews... 6 questions min per hour... And I had to avoid repeating answers, because my company takes detailed notes on everything you say in an interview.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:09 PM   #43
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i jest, as someone who has a sibling formally diagnosed with that and who myself constantly misses social cues
He's got an s-word pass, boys! Let him through!

Old 10-30-2021, 08:10 PM   #44
Disco King
Minion of Satan

An s-word pass is admittedly not as badass as a sword pass.

Old 10-30-2021, 09:27 PM   #45
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Look at that swagger!

Old 10-31-2021, 12:51 PM   #46
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I just got diagnosed so I might be a tad sensitive

Old 10-31-2021, 09:11 PM   #47
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I just got diagnosed so I might be a tad sensitive
Goes without saying that it's cool if you don't wanna talk about it, but isn't Asperger's something you're supposedly born with? From what you've shared about yourself in the past, it would seem like a reasonable conjecture to assume that the issues you're dealing with are as a result of severe trauma.

Either way, I hope that having that particular name attached to whatever you are facing doesn't make you feel badly about yourself, because it shouldn't.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:39 PM   #48
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Lots of people don't get diagnosed until adulthood.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:14 PM   #49
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

Especially women

Old 10-31-2021, 11:37 PM   #50
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 11-01-2021, 01:41 AM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Goes without saying that it's cool if you don't wanna talk about it, but isn't Asperger's something you're supposedly born with? From what you've shared about yourself in the past, it would seem like a reasonable conjecture to assume that the issues you're dealing with are as a result of severe trauma.

Either way, I hope that having that particular name attached to whatever you are facing doesn't make you feel badly about yourself, because it shouldn't.
For sure many of the issues I am dealing with are from trauma. This is just, apparently, another layer on top of it. And yeah, it wouldn't be something I just developed, just something that's been hard to recognize. It's not uncommon, especially in female born people, to get diagnosed late.

My therapist started suspecting this a few months ago and I saw a highly esteemed expert in adult autism diagnoses for about 4 hours of testing and she interviewed my mom and etc. I honestly thought my therapist was crazy when she suggested it, which is why I got someone else to do a real diagnostic battery. I'm going to get an actual formal report in a week or so.

It doesn't change how I feel about the trauma I went through or anything like that. It just helps explain why some things in traditional trauma therapy just don't work for me and that maybe I should be trying other interventions in a few areas, such a social interactions/connection and sensory processing issues

Old 11-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #52
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Thumbs down

Quote:
don't gaslight me, honey
It's really irresponsible, and disrespectful to people who have actually experienced it, to devalue this word by using it as equivalent to "lie in any way." I would not be surprised if you knew this and decided to use it in your usual play-acting as a progressive person anyway, but, hey, fuck off with this.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #53
yo soy el mejor

i definitely have experienced it, honey, and saying things like, "It's really irresponsible, and disrespectful to people who have actually experienced it" is a pretty good impression. DUDE

Old 11-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #54
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Edit: You know what, I'm really creating my own hell by bothering to engage. Sorry for the derail.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #55
smashingjj
fucking eh!

apology accepted, honey

Old 11-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #56
yo soy el mejor

henny

Old 11-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #57
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

pop a benny

Old 11-01-2021, 05:54 PM   #58
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I almost named my puppy Henny... but my GF reminded me that in Sweden it might be a name, but here it translated to booze

Old 11-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #59
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
pop a benny
benny and a wank puts this baby to sleep 98 times out of a hundred

Old 11-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #60
yo soy el mejor

The Chicago Fire Dept. was battling a blaze at the Eastwood Garden Apartment at 6531 S. Lowe Ave. The fifth-floor apartment’s tenant fled, but the cat was still inside, said Fire Dept. spokesman Larry Langford.

“They tried to coax the cat out, and the cat ran deeper into the apartment and got on the window ledge,” Langford said. “…The cat started to get closer to edge and looked like it was trying to make a decision on how to navigate the air.”

The cat then spread its arms as far out as possible, hopped five stories down, and bounced once on the ground before landing perfectly, a daring escape caught on video.
Langford said he’s never seen anything like it before. He later told reporters the cat’s name is Hennessy and neighbors were still looking for the cat Friday.

“That’s one lucky cat,” Langford said. “I didn’t expect it to go that well, but I’m glad it did.”

Langford said the cat was last seen walking around the building trying to find another way in. No injuries were reported from the fire.

“Being a black cat, with the luck they’re supposed to have, everything worked out well,” Langford said. “Unless it was the cat that turned something over on the stove. But we might not ever know.”

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/05...nd-walks-away/

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 11-03-2021 at 02:37 PM.