Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-02-2023, 12:50 PM   #61
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Dark Steve is fucking hilarious.

The shapeshifter.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:19 PM   #62
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Seems a strange one to release. We've had a decent sounding digital version already and now they are going to put it out on limited addition vinyl whilst others gather dust on the shelf. Would have been better to put out another show from the 2017 or 2019 solo tour which we haven't heard previously if they wanted to put out some WPC stuff

Old 06-02-2023, 04:34 PM   #63
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/neath-t...33027?aff=eand

Check out "'Neath the Darkest Eves' Listening Party With Live Q&A With WPC" on Eventbrite!

Date: Sun, Jun*11 • 16:30*GMT-05:00

Old 06-02-2023, 04:46 PM   #64
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzap View Post
so maybe even some soundboards of the broken clock society show / spirits in the sky shows, if they recorded any.
good point. those spirits shows were good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
why won't they release a 4 hour MCIS show on vinyl?
in good faith gonna assume you're not serious

Old 06-02-2023, 08:04 PM   #65
djzap
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
Seems a strange one to release. We've had a decent sounding digital version already and now they are going to put it out on limited addition vinyl whilst others gather dust on the shelf. Would have been better to put out another show from the 2017 or 2019 solo tour which we haven't heard previously if they wanted to put out some WPC stuff
it's probably just super easy seeing as it's already been mixed and they likely just needed to get it mastered. any other show they have recorded would be in a generally unmixed state, even the 20th anniversary official boots are pretty rough. i see this series as fairly easy and risk-averse for them maybe. while giving something generally new, nothing really groundbreaking that billy alludes to sometimes for 'future reissues' etc but maybe down the line they might start reaching for some of the more coveted stuff. rubano tapes was pretty cool i guess but im just so disinterested in the gish and pre-gish stuff at this point. was that stuff like new new, or just cleaned up stuff that already existed?

Old 06-02-2023, 09:39 PM   #66
Ram27
dumb

don't see why you wouldn't come out big with some coveted stuff to get people excited

Old 06-03-2023, 04:06 AM   #67
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Rubano was new/unleaked. I still don't dig the artwork approach and full shows would have been better but the whole thing was more interesting than a webstream that's been available to listen to for years

Old 06-03-2023, 06:37 AM   #68
eyeboogers
Demi-God

What would have been great, and I guess Warner music are to blame, would have been an "Ogilala" deluxe, which included "'Neath..." as well as outtakes and demos from the album sessions. With liner notes by Rubin and all such fun. This concert on its own - which has the already stripped down album performed in similar stripped down fashion, in the same order, seems more like a nice to have than need to have addition. "Ogilala" and especially its side 2 has really grown on me, so at least it is good to have an occasion for people to (re)discover it.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:51 AM   #69
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeboogers View Post
What would have been great, and I guess Warner music are to blame, would have been an "Ogilala" deluxe
lol yeah ahahahaha

Old 06-03-2023, 12:39 PM   #70
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
Seems a strange one to release. We've had a decent sounding digital version already and now they are going to put it out on limited addition vinyl whilst others gather dust on the shelf.
It is a strange one to release indeed. It's complicated for me because as the last few posts have discussed, Ogilala means a lot to me. I went to all four of the LA shows back in 2017 and those shows were really something. Setlists were insane. So I got to hear Ogilala four times in full, and as such, it's woven into the highs of those shows.

Album really is solid, though. I would rank it as my current favorite BC solo record, with TFE being a close second place. "Archer" alone puts it over the top. Nothing on any of the most recent 3 SP albums that touches it.