Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #31
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Not only is he an idiot, he's putting on a fake persona so there is absolutely no point in arguing with him. His character never concedes a thing, regardless of what he actually believes.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #32
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

ok, if it's a joke, i find it funny AND a nice little comment as well.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #33
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_r_koontz
i was tiny in high school, i had 0 chance of defending myself, except with the use of excessive force, like weapons. one of the most annoying aspects of some posters here is they believe all men are created equal in every single aspect. if YOU managed to fight your bullies, then surely EVERYONE else must have had the capabilities to do so. do you see what's wrong with that kind of reasoning esty? i'm just asking this once, because i'm not bothering discussing with idiots.
The thing is, even dead who knew he stood 0 chance of kicking the guys ass, stood up for himself. Its not about winning, but at least saying, "i'm not just going to not do anything and take your shit". There has to be a winner, and a loser. Thats life. Besides, just because you stand up for yourself, doesn't mean it will always turn physical. Sometimes, the other party backs down. I've stood up to plenty of people that just left me alone the second I showed them I wasn't just going to let them boss me around. Also, in school, going to "the teacher" or the kids parents sometimes is even worse than losing a fight. Anyway, each situation should be examined by the parent on an individual basis, but I see nothing wrong with what whatcolors coworker did.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #34
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Dead, you know shit. Your kids will be getting their teeth knocked in on a daily basis.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #35
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

esty, listen carefully:

if i write 0 chance of defending myself, does that imply that i only meant directly physically?

Old 09-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #36
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

i don't see anything wrong with what the co-worker did either, if the kid is strong enough to kick ass, do it. i know i would have.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #37
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
The thing is, even dead who knew he stood 0 chance of kicking the guys ass, stood up for himself. Its not about winning, but at least saying, "i'm not just going to not do anything and take your shit". There has to be a winner, and a loser. Thats life.
Quote:
Dead, you know shit. Your kids will be getting their teeth knocked in on a daily basis.
So you're complimenting me and then insulting me for the same thing. Shut the fuck up.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #38
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
esty, listen carefully:

if i write 0 chance of defending myself, does that imply that i only meant directly physically?
How did I not answer you?

Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #39
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

read again, think, repost.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #40
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

that second step might be hard for you.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #41
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Quote:
i was tiny in high school, i had 0 chance of defending myself, except with the use of excessive force, like weapons.
I answered your question.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #42
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

it's not about answering questions:

A: i write, i had 0 chance of defending myself

is physical defense the only way a person can defend oneself?

Old 09-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #43
FlyinLo_DyinSlo
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead
I would like to start my story with this quote my someone I used to admire when he was known by another name.

Well, the year was 1996, and I was in highschool. There was one bully that must have weighed close to 300lbs (possible exaggeration) of semi-muscle. Everyone stayed out of his way. One day I was in some kind of mood, and this bully Darwin was shoving his way through the crowded hall, bumping everyone easily into their lockers with his massive size. Well, one of the people he shoved was a girl I liked, my future ex who is actually an evil bitch. But I loved her at the time. So being in this ballsy mood, I walked up beind him, grabbed his shoulder, and said "Hey asshole!" He turned around incredulous that anyone would dare speak to him like that. He turned around, walked back and put his massive head down into my face and said "What did you say?" I said "You heard me!" At this point he grabbed me by the neck, and swung me around the hall for a while. I couldn't fight back, or even move, because I was dangling in the air by my neck and about 10x weaker than this guy. He then slammed my head directly into a solid wood door. Blood started pouring out the back of my head and a teacher came out of class and started flipping out, calling the principal etc. I tried to just walk out and go home, but they forced me to stay while they called the police. I was forced to give a statement and they assured me I wouldn't be called to court. So a few weeks later I'm called to court. I had no intention of doing this so my mom's lawyer friend went down their and somehow got me out of testifying, which I had no desire to do. Anyway, he was expelled but his gang of friends all wanted to kill me for it. He told them to leave me alone because he would get in more trouble, but they would still give me the death stare any time I walked by. I heard they might have put a restraining order on him to keep away from me, and I also heard he might have been high at the time. A few years later I was standing on a curb waiting for the light to change, and he rode up on a bike and stopped on that corner. He took one look at me and took off like a bat out of hell. That was cool.

Coming back to the beginning of my story, I suppose the moral is that you CAN stand up to someone that is way bigger than you, but you will probably get your head cracked open (as has been has theorized).

This is my story.
youre a real galahad. that kid probably had home issues and you called him an asshole, calling his last bit of self worth into question. all he could do was beat you up and you probably looked like you deserved it anyway. you ruined his lfe with your over protective mom and her lawyer friends and now when he sees you on the street hes conditioned himself to just turn and run rather than ruin his life even further. he would probably be driving his car to college if not for you

Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #44
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

that is very true. well i think we've reached the core of this subject.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #45
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Besides, just because you stand up for yourself, doesn't mean it will always turn physical.
I answered that too dean.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #46
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

ok, but then it gets pretty unclear what your point actually is. you apparently understood that i stood up for myself in the way i could, ie verbally, but still got my ass kicked. what do you think i should have done?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #47
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Your original statement only implies the physical, and thats how I took it. I was the one who said anything about non physical confrontation, not you. Anyway, I really have no idea how you should have handeled your situation. I did say that regardless, I think one should defend themselves even if the end result is an ass kicking. Get up, and move on. Tomorrows another day, that sorta shit. My point is, you should try and handle your situation as best as you can, always go the non physical route first, and if need be, get it on. Its the way I was raised and I see nothing wrong with it.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:25 PM   #48
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I have to go now, got plans. I'll have to get back to this later if possible.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #49
Orenthal James
Minion of Satan

i got into a lot of fights in middle school. they added one day to every subsequent suspension.

however my final, seven day suspension in middle school was for flicking off a teacher (who really deserved it). all the others were just me defending myself against bullies. it really pissed off my parents. public school is in such a sorry state.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #50
mercurial
$ W▲ G

I've been on the losing end of more fights than i care to remember, until i learned that fighting fair was not the way forward

... i was a fiery little fucker in the early years

Old 09-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #51
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenthal James
public school is in such a sorry state.

care to elaborate?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #52
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

public school is fine. it's private school that you should be worried about

Old 09-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #53
Orenthal James
Minion of Satan

about my suspensions. or the state of public schooling.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #54
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

the state of public schools. (that's why i only quoted that part)

Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #55
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

no, really, guys. they're fine. i love public high school as much as one can

Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #56
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

This girl Johnna Meyers punched me in the mouth when we were young and chipped one of my teeth.

Silver lining, though, I actually had 2 extra teeth growing in on my bottom row so they just removed the chipped one because one needed to be removed anyway.

In other news, Johnna was this big fat black girl who you could hear breathing from 20 feet away. It was funny at the time but I guess it's just depressing now.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #57
Orenthal James
Minion of Satan

maybe it was just the middle and high school i went to. anybody who took a swing got suspended, no questions asked and it was put on your permanent record. that is if a teacher saw it. i was slugged hard enough to be given a black eye for a week by a kid who rode my bus. nothing happened because i couldn't remember his last name. some bullshit about not having bus rosters.

every time i was suspended for a fight, i was defending myself. to this day i can't figure out what the administrators expected me to do.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #58
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

people who run schools are morons

Old 09-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #59
mercurial
$ W▲ G

i threw sand in this annoying kids face way back when in primary

so he started crying and teacher pulled us both aside and he starts bleating about me throwing sand in his eye

and i turned to him real friendly like, patted him comfortingly on the shoulder and said "why you have to lie like that man?"

teacher told him off and made him sit in the corner, and i got to go back outside and play

good times

Old 09-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #60
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinLo_DyinSlo
youre a real galahad. that kid probably had home issues and you called him an asshole, calling his last bit of self worth into question. all he could do was beat you up and you probably looked like you deserved it anyway. you ruined his lfe with your over protective mom and her lawyer friends and now when he sees you on the street hes conditioned himself to just turn and run rather than ruin his life even further. he would probably be driving his car to college if not for you
I like this post, but he was a cocky king of the hill type of asshole, no self worth issues. He always had a posse and was large and in charge. He could have been covering up the pain inside though.