Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2021, 05:58 PM   #61
sneakyflutes
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by selection7 View Post
Interesting. I could have sworn I knew it was to be all four members even before that Detroit show. I was at the next show in Cincinnati. Maybe it was fairly well assumed by fans who kept up on the forums, but not necessarily officially confirmed? Can't say for sure after all these years.

My big memory of surprises for that mini-tour was not knowing which classics they were going to dust off.
People had been speculating that Jimmy was coming back but it wasn't confirmed until the first show. If I remember correctly, Kenny Arnoff mentioned to a fan back in '99 when asked if he was going to be on the new album that he wouldn't be returning, but alluded to Jimmy coming back.

Even though posting from your phone obviously wasn't a thing back in 1999, I am almost 100% positive someone with a cell phone called a Netphorian about an hour before the first Arising show letting them know that Jimmy's signature drumset was on stage so anyone here that night knew before the show even started.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #62
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I also remember there was some article right around the time (maybe MTV or Rolling Stone) where Josh from Queens of the Stone Age (who opened on that tour) mentioned that Jimmy had been rehearsing with the band and Billy, D'arcy, and James were all incredibly excited about it.

Old 06-18-2021, 06:57 PM   #63
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

It was already announced by MTV four days before the start of the Arising Tour:

http://www.mtv.com/news/513327/origi...hing-pumpkins/