Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2021, 02:20 AM   #211
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

$100 for Billy and Jimmy’s autograph.

I mean, it’s cool there’s an archival release finally, but not a show I’m interested in, especially not for that money, and I’d honestly want a digital download to accompany the vinyl. I mean.... just release it on bandcamp for $8 and let people preorder the expensive vinyl that way.

Old 05-30-2021, 02:34 AM   #212
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

I ended really enjoying this. Was honestly impressed with how cool Billy was tonight. No talking about paradigms, savants, or playing heels. He looked like he was really enjoying himself, best I've seen him with fans in a long time, good for him. He was even socializing when the music was playing. Jimmy was good too. As always, it would have been nice if D'Arcy and James were mentioned more, but given that their pictures were all over the stage area made it seem like they were included. Really enjoyed the archive recordings. I don't own a vinyl player so certainly won't be getting the vinyl, but hopefully a digital release will come out at some point. Totally pointless to just release it on vinyl

Old 05-30-2021, 03:08 AM   #213
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
It was perhaps the most dynamic thing the band has done since....fuck I forgot the rest of the quote.
>>>

"Perhaps this is the most dynamic thing we have seen the Pumpkins do since Jimmy would come out and play guitar on 1979 or in the small clip during Mayonnaise in Vieuphoria where we see Billy playing drums and later he would play the timpani in 2008."

Old 05-30-2021, 03:24 AM   #214
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Ł90 with shipping to UK... pretty crazy, that's for the non autographed version

Would actually quite like to support this in the hope it's a long lasting project but that price is totally mental. The last time I ordered a record from Zuzus it never even arrived

Edited to say it looks like it's not even the complete show, appears Godzilla has been cut

Last edited by New Art Rioter : 05-30-2021 at 03:38 AM.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:36 AM   #215
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Announcing the very first SP archival release: SP Live in Japan, 1992.
This limited-edition release includes double LP purple swirl, 180g vinyl. Audio is from a board tape and is not available anywhere else.

This edition will only be available for 24 hours online at Madame Zuzu’s (link in bio). Autographed version by Billy and Jimmy is available.

Setlist from Club Citta, Kawasaki, Japan February 1992)
Drown
Tristessa
Slunk
Window Paine
Bury Me
Snail
Siva
Luna
Blue
I Am One
Silverfuck
https://madamezuzus.com/collections/...-japan-lp-1992

Godzilla is indeed missing...
https://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php...=Tsp1992-02-24

Old 05-30-2021, 04:44 AM   #216
Cool As Ice Cream

the price is ridiculous. $70 for a 2LP. lolololo
how much is that going to be with shipping and after import taxes and whatnot?

and why do they keep selling stuff through zuzu's? i was done with that shit years ago. do they need the ridiculous profits on vinyl and signatures to keep their shop open?

personally, i'd love to get a copy, but there's a lot to dislike.
what to do?

Old 05-30-2021, 04:51 AM   #217
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

I’d pay this price if it was a show and setlist from 94 onwards... depending on the show and set I guess. Gish era isn’t worth this to me.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:59 AM   #218
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Ł90 with shipping to UK... pretty crazy, that's for the non autographed version

Would actually quite like to support this in the hope it's a long lasting project but that price is totally mental. The last time I ordered a record from Zuzus it never even arrived

Edited to say it looks like it's not even the complete show, appears Godzilla has been cut
Yeah I'm torn with this one. A newly released show from the archive but I end up paying nearly Ł100 for an unknown future shipping date and I don't actually have any way to play it / rip it to my PC. If there had been a digital release code alongside then may've bit..

Old 05-30-2021, 05:10 AM   #219
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
I’d pay this price if it was a show and setlist from 94 onwards... depending on the show and set I guess. Gish era isn’t worth this to me.
ur crazy.
'92 live is great.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:10 AM   #220
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
the price is ridiculous. $70 for a 2LP. lolololo
how much is that going to be with shipping and after import taxes and whatnot?

and why do they keep selling stuff through zuzu's? i was done with that shit years ago. do they need the ridiculous profits on vinyl and signatures to keep their shop open?

personally, i'd love to get a copy, but there's a lot to dislike.
what to do?
And what about James' autograph? Is he still in the band?

It's like B0lly wants to subliminally chastise people for still being into OG SP.

Plus, with all that vinyl shortage/delay times i have a number of legitimate questions about the actual quality of vinyl these days.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:14 AM   #221
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

BTW thanks for the livestream report y'all, it was a fun read for sure. Jimmy really sounded like he wanted to GTFO as soon as possible lmao.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:50 AM   #222
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
Yeah I'm torn with this one. A newly released show from the archive but I end up paying nearly Ł100 for an unknown future shipping date and I don't actually have any way to play it / rip it to my PC. If there had been a digital release code alongside then may've bit..
I wonder if the reason they left off Godzilla is to not have to deal with copywrite/royalties? Seeing most Pumpkins shows have some weird cover in at some point it bodes badly for future releases if they all get hacked up. Can't see it being a space issue on a 2LP

Would be really annoying if integrity of recordings is compromised to cheap out on paying royalties

Old 05-30-2021, 06:31 AM   #223
Cool As Ice Cream

didn't they also do that with TAFH reissue dvd?
they left off zero because they tease a led zeppelin song at the beginning. (or was that not the reason?)
https://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php...=Tsp1997-07-04

Old 05-30-2021, 07:29 AM   #224
Brisk
Ownz

Who is taking one for the team and buying it and ripping it then? I'm looking at the americans.

What are the chances Billy will cuck everyone and put it on spotify next month?

Old 05-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #225
Brisk
Ownz

Why no Godzilla? That really ain't worth it now.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #226
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Comments on the bands FB page pretty interesting. I'd say it's currently a 90% negative reaction based on price/shipping costs

Old 05-30-2021, 08:33 AM   #227
Cool As Ice Cream

i tried a couple of steps of ordering and checking out to see how much it would cost, and right before checkout, the price of the LP suddenly went up from $70 to $77. wtf is that all about?

international shipping is $50, by the way. bahahaha.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #228
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i tried a couple of steps of ordering and checking out to see how much it would cost, and right before checkout, the price of the LP suddenly went up from $70 to $77. wtf is that all about?

international shipping is $50, by the way. bahahaha.
These are the insider VIP prices too! Can't wait to see the standard ones

I ran a Discogs store for years, would cost me about Ł10/$14 to mail a double record to the States. No idea how $50 can be justified.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #229
Crepe
Demi-God

This morning he did an Instagram live where he said the standard black version might be cheaper because they might have a worldwide distribution model by then where it would be pressed in multiple locations.

Might.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #230
he/she/it
Ownz

Anyone record and gonna upload the listening party?

Old 05-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #231
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by he/she/it View Post
Anyone record and gonna upload the listening party?
Pumpkins camp is pissed.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #232
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
I wonder if the reason they left off Godzilla is to not have to deal with copywrite/royalties? Seeing most Pumpkins shows have some weird cover in at some point it bodes badly for future releases if they all get hacked up. Can't see it being a space issue on a 2LP

Would be really annoying if integrity of recordings is compromised to cheap out on paying royalties
Almost certainly the band not wanting to pay the mechanical royalties to the "Godzilla" songwriters for a limited edition pressing of a show. To be fair, on many live albums released by major labels, they will insist on the band removing any teases of other songs and/or covers.

As a follow up to all the joking last night, while it was obvious this wasn't Jimmy's element - particularly live streaming the record playing - he did give informative, sincere, and funny answers to the questions, even though Billy cut Jimmy off most of the times Jimmy spoke. He was not being disrespectful at all; just obvious this was likely something Billy talked him into doing for the fans, which was cool.

As someone above said, despite Billy being his normal self in regards to bossiness and rambling, he did seem to be coming from a place of genuine reverence for the album, which was a pleasant change of pace from his typical "I cannot believe I still have to talk about this" stance. Seeing Billy and Jimmy just plain rocking out to the old songs was worth the price of admission in and of itself.

I guess I just figured the chat/Q&A would be much more like that Instagram stream Bill did last year regarding Gish, which was truly informative, interesting, and funny.

One other funny thing. As pointed out, the stream started about 20 minutes late due to technical issues. Before you could see anything, there was a ten-fifteen second period where you could hear audio, but not see anything on the screen. You could hear an incredibly pissed sounding Billy yelling at someone (presumably someone from the streaming company), "WE DID THAT ALREADY." Had a definite, "32 on 25, do it NOW" vibe.

Old 05-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #233
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe View Post
This morning he did an Instagram live where he said the standard black version might be cheaper because they might have a worldwide distribution model by then where it would be pressed in multiple locations.

Might.
yeah, this is the copy i'll be waiting for.

i'd normally buy all colours if they weren't zuzu's only.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #234
Cool As Ice Cream

Talking

Quote:
One other funny thing. As pointed out, the stream started about 20 minutes late due to technical issues. Before you could see anything, there was a ten-fifteen second period where you could hear audio, but not see anything on the screen. You could hear an incredibly pissed sounding Billy yelling at someone (presumably someone from the streaming company), "WE DID THAT ALREADY." Had a definite, "32 on 25, do it NOW" vibe.
lololo

Old 05-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #235
he/she/it
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Pumpkins camp is pissed.
Whoops. Though, Billy has to have expected that some people would record it.

I wish somebody would upload the Gish Deep-Dive follow-up video, too (only the first DD video is uploaded right now). I have the audio of it, but at one point in it Billy holds his Shure SM7 mic (which he used for vocals on SD) up in front of the camera, and I'm curious to check-out which version it is based on the label, if it's made in US or Mexico. I think the US and Mexico productions are the same, but am curious how vintage his is.

Quote:
Before you could see anything, there was a ten-fifteen second period where you could hear audio, but not see anything on the screen. You could hear an incredibly pissed sounding Billy yelling at someone (presumably someone from the streaming company), "WE DID THAT ALREADY." Had a definite, "32 on 25, do it NOW" vibe.
Nice. Freaking-out might be Billy's Zen.

Old 05-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #236
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

He said this morning that sales on the vinyl so far have been outstanding - and a few minutes prior said that he was underwhelmed by how many livestream tickets were sold, so apparently he's honestly pleased with the vinyl sales.

Here's to hoping it comes with a digital download. Seems like more and more vinyl isn't coming with those anymore, or you get garbage 128kbps mp3's.

Old 05-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #237
slunken
Virgo

$15 shipping lol

I somehow got a code for 15% off so basically free shipping. It’s way too expensive but the price won’t drop

Old 05-30-2021, 01:25 PM   #238
slunken
Virgo

$85 2xLP Bill is a madman

Old 05-30-2021, 01:29 PM   #239
slunken
Virgo

so if the swirl is an open pre-order the black will become the more rare if that even happens

Old 05-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #240
slunken
Virgo

theory: it wont or will be more expensive