Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2021, 10:12 AM   #31
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
yeah i always thought d'arcy looked kinda weird and strung out this whole tour
She had lip fillers and no eyebrows.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:11 AM   #32
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Darcy in the middle of a meltdown or not, she played her ass off on this tour. That I am one footage looks to me like she was enjoying herself on stage.
VERY accurate. She sounded great that night.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #33
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I think another piece of what made this era so damn cool was that it was RIGHT as MP3 technology advanced to the same speed as the internet - so the show could be taped on 4/10/99, and by that same week, I had MP3s the show and was losing my SHIT over the new songs.
My first eBay purchase was a 2xCDR of the Trampps show days after it happened. I used my gf's parents account and paid them back. (they were rich and had internet)

Old 02-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #34
slunken
Virgo

after my senior year prom during the "after party" i wore a felt cowboy hat and a black t-shirt with my dress pants because i thought it made me look like billy in the perfect video

Old 02-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #35
slunken
Virgo

that vibe is GOAT

Old 02-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #36
dustrocck
Demi-God

man forgot how much I liked the original arrangement of Pug and Virex.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:29 AM   #37
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
My first eBay purchase was a 2xCDR of the Trampps show days after it happened. I used my gf's parents account and paid them back. (they were rich and had internet)
Happen to have that baby still? I was way into selling CD-Rs of bootlegs on eBay in those days. Made some super badass custom covers and really put some soul into the bootleg craft at the very least.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #38
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrocck View Post
Virex >>> Imploding Voice

Something I've probably said on this board 1345 times, but man - also, I think Virex is a far cooler title too.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:20 AM   #39
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrocck View Post
what makes you think that was the original arrangement of pug? I doubt it, it sounds like a reworked version.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:03 PM   #40
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Happen to have that baby still? I was way into selling CD-Rs of bootlegs on eBay in those days. Made some super badass custom covers and really put some soul into the bootleg craft at the very least.
i do but it didn't have a cover

Old 03-25-2021, 02:39 AM   #41
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

OK, this almost deserved it's own thread - maybe it does - but I think people who are worthy will loop back into this thread to see why it got bumped and will be stoked.

I recently peeked into the SP Reddit - not a bad place overall. Around WPC's birthday, somebody posted a video clip from an Arising show... and even if it was what I initially thought (a different angle of I Am One from Detroit) then it's still huge because it means that there's lots more footage out there as we had all hoped:

Awesome 1999 Arising! clip posted yesterday for BC’s bday from r/SmashingPumpkins

Thennnnn I got to sleuthing on the guy's page who posted it and came across this little teaser on the dude's page:

Is it just me, or is this something that we were wholly unaware of? Because, yeah... if those clips and the prospect of an Arising tour documentary doesn't get your motor going, then... yeah. Turn in your SP card, people.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:40 AM   #42
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Attempted to embed both of those and it looks like ol' Netpho pulled it off, but they aren't the prettiest embeds ever. But... yeah.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:15 AM   #43
Ram27
dumb

that is so fucking cool. also, amazing how random people treat footage that's gold to us like it's just...yeah, i'm at work

i read somewhere that they played the same set every night of the tour, and were filming every night, so they could cut together a best of type thing. of course that's all in the vault lost forever

Old 03-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #44
sweet17
Ownz

This looks amazing. Great find, Raskolnikov! Not sure it will ever see the light of day, but goddamn if I won't do everything in my power to see it when it does!

Old 03-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #45
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

The Arising Tour is how they should've done the "reunion" - head out and do some small club gigs. Rather than the big elaborate Shiny show. Would've been a better way to reintroduce D'Arcy into the music world.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #46
Ram27
dumb

plus it's like poetry. last time those 4 played together was arising. now, 20 years later [let's pretend it took d'arcy a year to get back into touring musician shape], they're back

Old 03-25-2021, 04:40 PM   #47
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
OK, this almost deserved it's own thread - maybe it does - but I think people who are worthy will loop back into this thread to see why it got bumped and will be stoked.

I recently peeked into the SP Reddit - not a bad place overall. Around WPC's birthday, somebody posted a video clip from an Arising show... and even if it was what I initially thought (a different angle of I Am One from Detroit) then it's still huge because it means that there's lots more footage out there as we had all hoped:

Awesome 1999 Arising! clip posted yesterday for BC’s bday from r/SmashingPumpkins

Thennnnn I got to sleuthing on the guy's page who posted it and came across this little teaser on the dude's page:

Is it just me, or is this something that we were wholly unaware of? Because, yeah... if those clips and the prospect of an Arising tour documentary doesn't get your motor going, then... yeah. Turn in your SP card, people.

OMG

Old 03-25-2021, 10:38 PM   #48
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
The Arising Tour is how they should've done the "reunion" - head out and do some small club gigs. Rather than the big elaborate Shiny show. Would've been a better way to reintroduce D'Arcy into the music world.
Amen to this one. Can you imagine how much more positive press it would have gotten? So much more buzzy, too.

Have a secret show to kick it off - at the Roxy, where the last one was - have the show sponsored by a big name adult diaper company so that when the crowd starts spontaneously SHITTING THEIR PANTS when they open up with I Am One again there's no damage to the facility's floor/slip hazards... there ya have it.

Why doesn't WPC hire the 15 remaining Netphorians who truly care about his band's legacy to make these kind of decisions for him?!

Old 03-26-2021, 04:08 AM   #49
ButterflyBullet
Demi-God

Well this won't ever see the light of day because it has clips of D'arcy in it and Billy is a petty bitch.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #50
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Bumping this thread for three reasons:

1.) For more people to see that video in that Peter dude's Instagram page because it gets me more excited for this band than anything else that has happened in heaven knows how long.

2.) To ask - is that Frank Black from the Pixies in there talking about how the band "fucking rock(s)"? Voice doesn't sound like him, but the face does... kind of.

3.) To ask - was anybody here at the Arizona show? Would go to shows there often when I lived closer, but never went to the venue and randomly googled it recently - was this really a show in the round?

Old 06-14-2021, 01:28 AM   #51
trev
charm

best of arising tour / arising doco is what the dvd in the machina reissue should be.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:35 AM   #52
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Bumping this thread for three reasons:

1.) For more people to see that video in that Peter dude's Instagram page because it gets me more excited for this band than anything else that has happened in heaven knows how long.

2.) To ask - is that Frank Black from the Pixies in there talking about how the band "fucking rock(s)"? Voice doesn't sound like him, but the face does... kind of.

3.) To ask - was anybody here at the Arizona show? Would go to shows there often when I lived closer, but never went to the venue and randomly googled it recently - was this really a show in the round?

1) sorry my son is pissing in his bed rn but ill watch it on sunday? hopefully

2) i don't fucken know, i haven't watched it yet u heckin oaf u

3) i don't fucken know how in the fuck would i even know if anyone was there at the Arizona show but what i do know is that she said i am the one, who will dance, on the floor, in the round

Old 06-14-2021, 01:40 AM   #53
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
best of arising tour / arising doco is what the dvd in the machina reissue should be.
and the final metro show dvd should be released with the greatest hits reissue

Old 06-16-2021, 08:25 PM   #54
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
HOLY FUCK!!! This is amazing!!!

Is the guy implying he owns the footage and is editing it for fun?? Because I can't imagine Billy doesn't own this himself. It seems like the perfect inclusion for the Machina Reissue...but Billy's said there's no video component right?

Old 06-17-2021, 12:03 AM   #55
selection7
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedguava View Post
I was at the 4/10 show in Detroit. Did not know Jimmy was back until they started handing out “Welcome back Jimmy” signs (just printed pages really). This will likely be hard to beat concert wise for the rest of my days. When Jimmy came out and they laid down I Am One as the opener, the place literally was going nuts. The adrenaline and rush from that show was something I’ll always remember fondly.
Interesting. I could have sworn I knew it was to be all four members even before that Detroit show. I was at the next show in Cincinnati. Maybe it was fairly well assumed by fans who kept up on the forums, but not necessarily officially confirmed? Can't say for sure after all these years.

My big memory of surprises for that mini-tour was not knowing which classics they were going to dust off.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:13 AM   #56
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

[quote=selection7;4580460I was at the next show in Cincinnati. Maybe it was fairly well assumed by fans who kept up on the forums, but not necessarily officially confirmed? Can't say for sure after all these years.[/QUOTE]

Any memories/stories to share from the show? Always love hearing tales of that period.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:14 AM   #57
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
HOLY FUCK!!! This is amazing!!!

Is the guy implying he owns the footage and is editing it for fun?? Because I can't imagine Billy doesn't own this himself. It seems like the perfect inclusion for the Machina Reissue...but Billy's said there's no video component right?
Yeah, p sure BC said no on video with it. Not sure what he's planning on doing with it, but it sounds like there's a plan to get it out?

Old 06-17-2021, 03:29 PM   #58
Muzz1e
Pledge

Signing in just to express how damn exciting seeing that footage is. The prospect of an Arising documentary is just… magical. Wowee. If you’re on Instagram, drop a comment on that guys post, I mean, couldn’t hurt, right?

Old 06-17-2021, 04:06 PM   #59
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Corgan told in August 2018 to have signed legal papers with Universal about the release of the Machina reissue. No word about a Greatest Hits reissue. Seems to have been abandoned.

He also mentioned later that the company showed no interest in a High Definition remaster of the band's greatest hits video collection.

His favored DVD content for the Machina deLuxe reissue is the concert in Seoul of 2000.
Nothing else might be released on video.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:15 PM   #60
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by selection7 View Post
Interesting. I could have sworn I knew it was to be all four members even before that Detroit show. I was at the next show in Cincinnati. Maybe it was fairly well assumed by fans who kept up on the forums, but not necessarily officially confirmed? Can't say for sure after all these years.

My big memory of surprises for that mini-tour was not knowing which classics they were going to dust off.
Yeah, that's what it was. Forum people knew but it wasn't officially confirmed