Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #1741
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

I understand this is a sensitive topic, and there would be no SP without D'arcy. But it did appear in those texts that she was trying to dodge Billy as well. I'm not saying Billy couldn't have done more, but I think there is a real anxiety for both of them in seeing the other after so much time has passed and so much has happened. That's probably the bigger holdup than whether or not her bass playing is good

Old 04-13-2020, 08:05 PM   #1742
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Who cares about that? I need to know more about those cargo pants and that 180 degree zipper.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:23 PM   #1743
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
I understand this is a sensitive topic, and there would be no SP without D'arcy. But it did appear in those texts that she was trying to dodge Billy as well. I'm not saying Billy couldn't have done more, but I think there is a real anxiety for both of them in seeing the other after so much time has passed and so much has happened. That's probably the bigger holdup than whether or not her bass playing is good
Do you really blame her if she's nervous about seeing Billy? I respect your opinion but I really think she was excited to be part of the band again myself. They really should have had James handle it. She was always much closer to James than to anyone else in the band.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:24 PM   #1744
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I think the thing is that we'll never know if Wretzky still has the chops to pull off an intensive national or international tour, because even though she was willing to try to demonstrate that she can, Corgan never gave her the sincere opportunity, as he had already made up his mind.

Would have been a different thing if he got in the same room as her, heard her play, and realized that years out of the game meant she couldn't just jump into a new lifestyle so suddenly. But he didn't even go to that extent. She just stonewalled her and decided that if she were to be involved, it would be in a limited capacity as set-dressing as Jack Bates handled everything else.

So, the question of "was Wretzky ready?" is kind of moot when Corgan didn't even take the most basic steps to find out.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Disco King again

Old 04-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #1745
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
Hmmm let me think about that real good here man:

MmmmmmmHmmm yep:

Old 04-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #1746
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I think the thing is that we'll never know if Wretzky still has the chops to pull off an intensive national or international tour, because even though she was willing to try to demonstrate that she can, Corgan never gave her the sincere opportunity, as he had already made up his mind.

Would have been a different thing if he got in the same room as her, heard her play, and realized that years out of the game meant she couldn't just jump into a new lifestyle so suddenly. But he didn't even go to that extent. She just stonewalled her and decided that if she were to be involved, it would be in a limited capacity as set-dressing as Jack Bates handled everything else.

So, the question of "was Wretzky ready?" is kind of moot when Corgan didn't even take the most basic steps to find out.
that's a good point, & to be quite frank i truly believe Corgan's reason for not having her in the same room is because he had a very brothah4l response to her current state

of course it didn't help that he had the master of all things bass & bates on its team, but still, Corgan quite clearly has a type when recruiting his female Pumpkins

Old 04-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #1747
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

to be completely honest, I did not recognize the person pictured on the last page as D'arcy Wretzky when first scrolling past it. that is not to say i stood up at my computer screaming "CRACKWHORE!!!" like certain other beloved board members, but i definitely did not think it was DW. if D'arcy was still the spitting-image of her 90s self, i would put all the money in the house on Corgan having her back in the band in an instant. even if we as a fanbase would love her back in any form, state, or whatever so long as she could pull it off at least somewhat healthily, Corgan's a shrewd, crude businessman & this for sure was not the furthest thing from his mind when finalizing all these contracts

Old 04-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #1748
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
that's a good point, & to be quite frank i truly believe Corgan's reason for not having her in the same room is because he had a very brothah4l response to her current state

of course it didn't help that he had the master of all things bass & bates on its team, but still, Corgan quite clearly has a type when recruiting his female Pumpkins
So Corgan only wants female bassists who give him a boner?

Old 04-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #1749
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

seems to be the pattern, innit?

Old 04-13-2020, 08:54 PM   #1750
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

How do you explain Jack Bates then? Is The Bald Lord sexually attracted to Master Bates?

Old 04-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #1751
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
to be completely honest, I did not recognize the person pictured on the last page as D'arcy Wretzky when first scrolling past it. that is not to say i stood up at my computer screaming "CRACKWHORE!!!" like certain other beloved board members, but i definitely did not think it was DW. if D'arcy was still the spitting-image of her 90s self, i would put all the money in the house on Corgan having her back in the band in an instant. even if we as a fanbase would love her back in any form, state, or whatever so long as she could pull it off at least somewhat healthily, Corgan's a shrewd, crude businessman & this for sure was not the furthest thing from his mind when finalizing all these contracts
I mean she's wearing giant sunglasses and a goofy hat. No doubt D'Arcy doesn't look like she during her time in SP (although she had already started to get plastic surgery near the end of her tenure in the band), but I can generally recognize how she looks currently. I'm not sure her still looking young and hot would be enough for Billy. He is afraid of her standing up to him and criticizing his music when it's not up to par methinks.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:04 PM   #1752
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Is The Bald Lord sexually attracted to Master Bates?
are you not?

Old 04-13-2020, 09:07 PM   #1753
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

btw, i wasn't specifying female bassists, every female he's ever hired for any of his projects has been a piping hot rock chick that could just as easily moonlight as a model. i'm not criticizing him for doing so he's hardly the first to factor in looks in the music industry, just saying, you can't exactly ignore it as a factor!

Old 04-13-2020, 09:07 PM   #1754
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Shouldn't you be out in the alpine pastures, tending to your goats with your inbred Nazi cousin Brothalial?
Quote:
too much?

Not nearly enough.

Brotha knows all about the used look of crackhead whores, he's the proud father of two. His daughters look used because they are, incest takes a toll.

Now that might be too much.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #1755
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Who cares about that? I need to know more about those cargo pants and that 180 degree zipper.
What zipper? I believe the thing in the zipper area belong to her shirt, drawstrings.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #1756
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
are you not?
I refuse to answer this because Took might see it.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #1757
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Jesus Christ, Pave. Not saying brothaiha isn't a POS, but god damn.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #1758
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
btw, i wasn't specifying female bassists, every female he's ever hired for any of his projects has been a piping hot rock chick that could just as easily moonlight as a model. i'm not criticizing him for doing so he's hardly the first to factor in looks in the music industry, just saying, you can't exactly ignore it as a factor!
Who are you including for this?

D'Arcy
MADM
Paz
Ginger
Sierra Swan
Nicole Fiorentino

Anyone else? When you said any of his projects that got me wondering if you're including Linda Strawberry

Old 04-13-2020, 09:13 PM   #1759
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Lisa Harrington
Katie Cole

I could be forgetting someone, & to be quite honest even if I did include Linda, she's hardly somebody I could justify calling "ugly" on a purely shallow basis

Old 04-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #1760
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Do you really blame her if she's nervous about seeing Billy? I respect your opinion but I really think she was excited to be part of the band again myself. They really should have had James handle it. She was always much closer to James than to anyone else in the band.
Definitely wouldn't blame her at all for being nervous to see Billy. It would be freakin weird.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #1761
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Damn I forgot about KC. Had to look up images (I really don't know a ton about SP2, especially compared to many here).

Jesus Christ, you're right. They're all hot. To think, this all started because he got into an argument with/possibly was hitting on D'Arcy in 1988. Maybe this is all because he's still mad she slept with James instead of him and he is continuously searching for a hot female musician who will simultaneously be in his band and sleep with him. Although didn't he date Sierra Swan?

Old 04-13-2020, 09:32 PM   #1762
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

The D'arcy situation is a funny one around here. For whatever reason, she seems to be above reproach at this point even though: (a) we still have no idea whether or not she can actually play at the level needed to be in the band and (b) parts of her interview with Butt Cannon made her look just as self-righteous, deluded, and mean-spirited as Billy. I am all for giving D'arcy her due, and if her side of the story is true and Billy did not give her an adequate chance after promising certain things, that falls entirely on him. But we also have Billy, James, and Jimmy all saying that the band reached out to D'arcy and were ignored. Additionally, we've seen that she would not even show up to those Grave Next Door recording sessions she was, at one time tied to (and I could not imagine a gig involving less pressure).

Also, if we're going to go into this "she's had a hard life" line of thinking, it's worth noting that Billy had a shitty upbringing (abusive father and stepmother/absent and mentally unstable mother) and we criticize ever conceivable aspect of his appearance. Jimmy famously struggled with addiction, and we still have idiots here who talk about him having hair plugs. Calling D'arcy a "crack whore" was disgusting and unnecessary, but it cannot be denied that she seems to have done irreparable damage to her appearance.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #1763
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
The D'arcy situation is a funny one around here. For whatever reason, she seems to be above reproach at this point even though: (a) we still have no idea whether or not she can actually play at the level needed to be in the band and (b) parts of her interview with Butt Cannon made her look just as self-righteous, deluded, and mean-spirited as Billy. I am all for giving D'arcy her due, and if her side of the story is true and Billy did not give her an adequate chance after promising certain things, that falls entirely on him. But we also have Billy, James, and Jimmy all saying that the band reached out to D'arcy and were ignored. Additionally, we've seen that she would not even show up to those Grave Next Door recording sessions she was, at one time tied to (and I could not imagine a gig involving less pressure).

Also, if we're going to go into this "she's had a hard life" line of thinking, it's worth noting that Billy had a shitty upbringing (abusive father and stepmother/absent and mentally unstable mother) and we criticize ever conceivable aspect of his appearance. Jimmy famously struggled with addiction, and we still have idiots here who talk about him having hair plugs. Calling D'arcy a "crack whore" was disgusting and unnecessary, but it cannot be denied that she seems to have done irreparable damage to her appearance.
I don't think Jimmy or James have really said anything about her. It's between her and Billy. Not sure how D was mean-spirited in that interview, she was clearly very hurt and venting. Billy treated her like shit for a long time.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #1764
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Cancel Netphoria. Corgan's Bluff, you're a loser.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #1765
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

.................FUCKING GOT 'EM!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #1766
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Shouldn't you be out in the alpine pastures, tending to your goats with your inbred Nazi cousin Brothalial?

Still doesn't get it that I'm not even nearly living to his beloved Vorarlberg / Austria...

#bombserbiaagain

Old 04-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #1767
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Angry

You dare insult my fatherland?!? Oh, it's on, bro! IT'S ON!!!

Old 04-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #1768
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

This thread has taken an odd turn. D'Arcy would be disappointed in us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #1769
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
What zipper? I believe the thing in the zipper area belong to her shirt, drawstrings.
I see the drawstring, but the thing going all the way down the middle, past the crotch and into the great beyond looks like a zipper to me.

Which raises the question of its purpose. Is it there for those moments when you need to split your pants in two?

Old 04-13-2020, 10:21 PM   #1770
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Because I have those moments all the time.