|Register||Netphoria's Amazon.com Link||Members List||Mark Forums Read|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|04-05-2008, 08:28 PM||#1|
Minion of Satan
april 22nd anticipation thread
has monte even told us the title of his movie yet
|04-05-2008, 08:33 PM||#2|
Amish Rake Fighter
Location: Over there.
What's happening on April 22nd?
|04-05-2008, 09:01 PM||#6|
I know of somebody else who has that birthday but I can't think of exactly who right now.
|04-05-2008, 09:02 PM||#7|
|04-05-2008, 11:18 PM||#9|
Minion of Satan
Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
<< April 2008 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
April 22 in recent years
April 22 is the 112th day of the year (113th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 253 days remaining until the end of the year.
* 1 Events
* 2 Births
* 3 Deaths
* 4 Holidays and observances
* 5 External links
* 1500 - Portuguese navigator Pedro Álvares Cabral becomes the first European to sight Brazil.
* 1509 - Henry VIII ascends the throne of England after the death of his father.
* 1529 - Treaty of Saragossa divides the eastern hemisphere between Spain and Portugal along a line 297.5 leagues or 17° east of the Moluccas.
* 1836 - Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto forces under Texas General Sam Houston capture Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
* 1863 - American Civil War: Grierson's Raid begins – troops under Union Colonel Benjamin Grierson attack central Mississippi.
* 1864 - The U.S. Congress passes the Coinage Act which mandates that the inscription "In God We Trust" be placed on all coins minted as United States currency.
* 1876 - The Boston Red Stockings defeat the Philadelphia Athletics 6-5 in the first National League Baseball game
* 1889 - At high noon, thousands rush to claim land in the Land Run of 1889. Within hours the cities of Oklahoma City and Guthrie are formed with populations of at least 10,000.
* 1898 - Spanish-American War: The United States Navy begins a blockade of Cuban ports and the USS Nashville captures a Spanish merchant ship.
* 1912 - Pravda, the "voice" of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, begins publications in Saint Petersburg.
* 1915 - The use of poison gas in World War I escalates when chlorine gas is released as a chemical weapon in the Second Battle of Ypres.
* 1930 - The United Kingdom, Japan and the United States sign the London Naval Treaty regulating submarine warfare and limiting shipbuilding.
* 1944 - World War II: Operation Persecution initiated – Allied forces land in the Hollandia (currently known as Jayapura) area of New Guinea.
* 1945 - World War II: After learning that Soviet forces have taken Eberswalde without a fight, Adolf Hitler admits defeat in his underground bunker and states that suicide is his only recourse.
* 1946 - The first installment of the popular Japanese comic strip, Sazae-san, is published in the Fukunichi Shimbun.
* 1946 - A Brazilian woman gives birth to 10 babies, but it is not known if any are dead or alive.
* 1954 - Red Scare: Army-McCarthy Hearings begin.
* 1964 - The 1964-1965 New York World's Fair opens for its first season.
* 1970 - First Earth Day celebrated.
* 1972 - Vietnam War: Increased American bombing in Vietnam prompts antiwar protests in New York City, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
* 1983 - The German magazine, Der Stern claims that Adolf Hitler's diaries were found in a wreckage in East Germany.
* 1992 - 1992 explosion in Guadalajara, Mexico ; 206 people were killed, nearly 500 injured and 15,000 were left homeless
* 1993 - The Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC is dedicated.
* 1993 - The web browser Mosaic version 1.0 is released.
* 1997 - Haouch Khemisti massacre in Algeria; 93 villagers killed.
* 1997 - A 126-day hostage crisis at the residence of the Japanese ambassador in Lima, Peru ends after government commandos storm and capture the building, rescuing 71 hostages. One hostage dies of a heart attack, two soldiers are killed from rebel fire, and all 14 rebels are slain.
* 1998 - Disney's Animal Kingdom opens at Walt Disney World near Orlando, Florida, United States.
* 2000 - In a predawn raid, federal agents seize six-year-old Elián González from his relatives' home in Miami, Florida.
* 2000 - The Big Number Change takes place in the United Kingdom.
* 2004 - Two fuel trains collide in Ryongchon, North Korea, killing up to 150 people.
* 2006 - 243 people were injured in pro-democracy protest in Nepal after Nepali security forces opened fire on protesters against King Gyanendra.
* 2006 - Jalal Talabani sworn in for a second term as President of Iraq.
* 2006 - Four Canadian soldiers are killed 75 kilometers north of Kandahar, Afghanistan by a roadside bomb planted by Taliban militants, the worst single day combat loss for the Canadian army since the Korean War.
* 1451 - Queen Isabella of Castile and Leon (d. 1504)
* 1610 - Pope Alexander VIII (d. 1691)
* 1658 - Giuseppe Torelli, Italian composer (d. 1709)
* 1690 - John Carteret, 2nd Earl Granville, English statesman (d. 1763)
* 1692 - James Stirling, Scottish mathematician (d. 1770)
* 1707 - Henry Fielding, English author (d. 1754)
* 1711 - Eleazar Wheelock, American founder of Dartmouth College (d. 1779)
* 1724 - Immanuel Kant, German philosopher (d. 1804)
* 1744 - James Sullivan, 7th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1808)
* 1766 - Madame de Staël, French author (d. 1817)
* 1812 - Solomon Caesar Malan, British orientalist (d. 1894)
* 1816 - Charles Denis Bourbaki, French general
* 1832 - Julius Sterling Morton, Arbor Day founder (d. 1902
* 1840 - Odilon Redon, French painter (d. 1916)
* 1844 - Lewis Thornton Powell, would-be assassin of Secretary of State William H. Seward (d. 1865)
* 1852 - Guillaume IV, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (d. 1912)
* 1854 - Henri La Fontaine, Belgian lawyer, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1943)
* 1860 - Ada Rehan, American stage actress (d. 1916)
* 1868 - Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria (d. 1924)
* 1870 (N.S.) - Vladimir Lenin, Russian revolutionary (d. 1924)
* 1872 - Princess Margaret of Prussia, queen of Finland (d. 1954)
* 1873 - Ellen Glasgow, American author (d. 1945)
* 1876 - Robert Bárány, American physician, Nobel laureate (d. 1936)
* 1876 - Georg Lurich, Estonian wrestler (d. 1920)
* 1881 - Alexander Kerensky, Russian politician (d. 1970)
* 1884 - Otto Rank, Austrian psychologist (d. 1939)
* 1889 - Richard Glücks, German SS officer and concentration camp administrator (d. 1945, by suicide)
* 1891 - Harold Jeffreys, English astronomer (d. 1989)
* 1891 - Nicola Sacco, American anarchist (d. 1927)
* 1891 - Vittorio Jano, Italian engineer (d. 1965)
* 1899 - Vladimir Nabokov, Russian writer (d. 1977)
* 1904 - Robert Oppenheimer, American physicist (d. 1967)
* 1905 - Robert Choquette, French Canadian novelist, poet and diplomat (d. 1991)
* 1906 - Eddie Albert, American actor (d. 2005)
* 1906 - Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, second in line to the Swedish throne (d. 1946)
* 1907 - Ivan Efremov, Russian paleontologist and author (d. 1972)
* 1909 - Rita Levi-Montalcini, Italian neurologist, Nobel laureate
* 1909 - Indro Montanelli, Italian journalist and historian (d. 2001)
* 1910 - Norman Steenrod, American mathematician (d. 1971)
* 1912 - Kathleen Ferrier, British singer (d. 1953)
* 1914 - Jan de Hartog, Dutch writer (d. 2002)
* 1914 - Michael Wittman, German soldier and tank ace (d. 1944)
* 1916 - Yehudi Menuhin, American-born violinist (d. 1999)
* 1918 - Mickey Vernon, baseball player
* 1919 - Donald J. Cram, American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2001)
* 1922 - Charles Mingus, American musician (d. 1979)
* 1922 - Wolf V. Vishniac, American microbiologist (d. 1973)
* 1923 - Avis Bunnage, English actress (d. 1990)
* 1923 - Bettie Page, American model
* 1923 - Aaron Spelling, American television producer (d. 2006)
* 1925 - George Cole, English actor
* 1926 - Charlotte Rae, American actress
* 1926 - James Stirling, British architect (d. 1992)
* 1927 - Laurel Aitken, Jamaican singer (d. 2005)
* 1935 - Paul Chambers, American jazz bassist (d. 1969)
* 1936 - Glen Campbell, American musician
* 1936 - Pierre Hétu, French Canadian conductor and pianist (d. 1998)
* 1937 - Jack Nicholson, American actor
* 1937 - Jack Nitzsche, American composer (d. 2000)
* 1939 - Jason Miller, American playwright (d. 2001)
* 1939 - Theodor Waigel, German politician and finance minister
* 1943 - Louise Glück, American poet and 12th US Poet Laureate
* 1944 - Steve Fossett, American adventurer (d. 2007)
* 1946 - John Waters, American film writer
* 1946 - Louise Harel, Quebec politician
* 1946 - Nicole Garcia, French actress and director
* 1946 - Steven L. Bennett, USAF Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient (d. 1972)
* 1950 - Peter Frampton, English musician
* 1950 - Zygi Wilf, owner of the Minnesota Vikings
* 1951 - Paul Carrack, English musician
* 1952 - Marilyn Chambers, American actress
* 1952 - François Berléand, French actor
* 1953 - Juhani Komulainen, Finnish composer
* 1955 - Johnnie To, Hong Kong film director and producer
* 1957 - Donald Tusk, Polish Prime Minister
* 1958 - Ken Olandt, American actor
* 1959 - Catherine Mary Stewart, Canadian actress
* 1959 - Ryan Stiles, Canadian-born actor
* 1960 - Gary Rhodes, English chef
* 1960 - Randall L. Stephenson, American business executive
* 1962 - Jeff Minter, English video game programmer
* 1965 - Lauri Hendler, actress
* 1965 - Peter Zezel, Canadian ice hockey player
* 1966 - Mariana Levy, Mexican actress (d. 2005)
* 1966 - Jeffrey Dean Morgan, American actor
* 1967 - Sheryl Lee, American actress
* 1967 - Harvey Williams, American football player
* 1968 - Zarley Zalapski, Canadian ice hockey player
* 1969 - Dion Dublin, English footballer
* 1970 - Andrea Giani, Italian volleyball player
* 1970 - Regine Velasquez, Filipino singer and actress
* 1971 - Daisuke Enomoto, Japanese people space tourist
* 1972 - Owen Finegan, Australian rugby union footballer
* 1973 - Adem Poric, Australian former footballer
* 1973 - Ofer Talker, Israeli footballer
* 1974 - Diego Costa, Brazilian Singer-Songwriter Co-founder of CultureMachine
* 1974 - Shavo Odadjian, Armenian-born bassist (System of a Down)
* 1975 - Greg Moore, Canadian race car driver (d. 1999)
* 1975 - Carlos Sastre, Spanish cyclist
* 1976 - Michał Żewłakow, Polish footballer
* 1976 - Paul Henderson, Australian soccer player
* 1976 - Dan Cloutier, Canadian ice hockey player
* 1977 - Mark van Bommel, Dutch footballer
* 1977 - Aaron Fink, American guitarist (Breaking Benjamin)
* 1978 - Jason Stollsteimer, American singer (The Von Bondies)
* 1978 - Esteban Tuero, Argentinian race car driver
* 1979 - Daniel Johns, Australian musician (Silverchair)
* 1980 - Nicolas Douchez, French footballer
* 1980 - Carlos Hernández, Venezuelan baseball player
* 1980 - Courtney Friel, presenter of World Poker Tour
* 1981 - Ken Dorsey, American football player
* 1981 - Ben Scott, English Cricketer
* 1982 - Kaká, Brazilian footballer
* 1982 - Tim Hamilton, Slovak adult movie actor
* 1983 - Matt Jones, American football player
* 1984 - Michelle Ryan, English actress
* 1984 - Amelle Berrabah, British singer (Sugababes)
* 1986 - Dusan Sakota, Serbian-Greek basketball player
* 1986 - Marshawn Lynch, American Football player
* 296 - Pope Caius
* 455 - Petronius Maximus, Roman Emperor
* 536 - Pope Agapetus I
* 1592 - Bartolomeo Ammanati, Italian architect (b. 1511)
* 1672 - Georg Stiernhielm, Swedish poet (b. 1598)
* 1699 - Hans Erasmus Aßmann, Freiherr von Abschatz, German statesman (b. 1646)
* 1758 - Antoine de Jussieu, French naturalist (b. 1686)
* 1778 - James Hargreaves, English inventor (b. 1720)
* 1806 - Pierre-Charles Villeneuve, French admiral (stabbed) (b. 1763)
* 1833 - Richard Trevithick, English inventor (b. 1771)
* 1839 - Denis Davydov, Russian general and poet (b. 1784)
* 1854 - Nicolás Bravo, Mexican politician and soldier (b. 1786)
* 1877 - James P. Kirkwood, American civil engineer (b. 1807)
* 1892 - Edouard Lalo, French composer (b. 1823)
* 1893 - Chaim Aronson, inventor and academic (b. 1825)
* 1896 - Thomas Meik, British civil engineer (b. 1812)
* 1908 - Henry Campbell-Bannerman, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (b. 1836)
* 1925 - André Caplet, French composer (b. 1878)
* 1929 - Henry Lerolle, French painter (b. 1848)
* 1930 - Jeppe Aakjaer, Danish poet (b. 1866)
* 1933 - Henry Royce, British automobile manufacturer (b. 1863)
* 1945 - Käthe Kollwitz, German artist (b. 1867)
* 1945 - Wilhelm Cauer, German mathematician (b. 1900)
* 1946 - Harlan F. Stone, Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court (b. 1872)
* 1946 - Lionel Atwill, English Actor (b. 1885)
* 1951 - Horace Donisthorpe, British entomologist (b. 1870)
* 1968 - Stephen H. Sholes, American recording executive (b. 1911)
* 1978 - Will Geer, American actor (b. 1902)
* 1980 - Jane Froman, American actor (b. 1907)
* 1980 - Fritz Strassmann, German physicist (b. 1902)
* 1983 - Earl "Fatha" Hines, American jazz pianist (b. 1903)
* 1983 - John Louis Evans, convicted murderer (executed) (b. 1950)
* 1984 - Ansel Adams, American photographer (b. 1902)
* 1985 - Paul H. Emmett, American chemical engineer (b. 1900)
* 1985 - Jacques Ferron, French Canadian physician, author and politician (b. 1921)
* 1986 - Mircea Eliade, Romanian writer (b. 1907)
* 1988 - Irene Rich, American actress (b. 1891)
* 1990 - Albert Salmi, American actor (b. 1928)
* 1994 - Richard Nixon, President of the United States (b. 1913)
* 1995 - Maggie Kuhn, American activist (b. 1905)
* 1996 - Erma Bombeck, American humorist (b. 1927)
* 1996 - Harold "Jug" McSpaden, American professional golfer (b. 1908)
* 1998 - Kitch Christie, South African rugby coach (b. 1940)
* 1999 - Apostolos Nikolaidis, Greek singer (b. 1938)
* 2002 - Linda Lovelace, American adult actress (b. 1949)
* 2003 - Martha Griffiths, U.S. Congresswoman (b. 1912)
* 2003 - Michael Larrabee, American athlete (b. 1933)
* 2003 - Felice Bryant, American songwriter (b. 1925)
* 2004 - Pat Tillman, American football player and U.S. Army Ranger (killed in action) (b. 1976)
* 2004 - Jason L. Dunham, American Medal of Honor recipient (b. 1981)
* 2005 - Philip Morrison, American physicist (b. 1915)
* 2005 - Erika Fuchs, German translator (b. 1906)
* 2005 - Norman Bird, UK character actor (b. 1920)
* 2006 - Alida Valli, Italian actress (b. 1921)
* 2007 - Juanita Millender-McDonald, congresswoman from southern California (b. 1938)
 Holidays and observances
* Earth Day
* Brazil - Discovery Day
* Abel McAedh
* Acepsimas of Hnaita and companions
* April 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
|04-05-2008, 11:21 PM||#10|
Minion of Satan
Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
|04-05-2008, 11:38 PM||#11|
Minion of Satan
I'm more focused on the end of that june month. I have high hopes for "june"
|04-06-2008, 12:59 AM||#13|
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
|04-06-2008, 02:49 AM||#14|
Minion of Satan
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|biggest board loser (with poll)||dean_r_koontz||General Chat Archive||198||05-07-2008 05:20 PM|
|The new Modest Mouse... Wow.||barden||Music Board Archive||3||03-13-2007 05:20 AM|
|So I ordered pizza last night||Dead||General Chat Archive||16||03-10-2007 02:13 AM|
|I wish I could make threads.||Mayfuck||General Chat Archive||33||03-09-2007 03:06 AM|