Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2021, 03:38 PM   #4291
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Did somebody say top dog???

Old 09-19-2021, 03:39 PM   #4292
FoolofaTook

Old 09-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #4293
FoolofaTook

Old 09-19-2021, 03:41 PM   #4294
FoolofaTook

Old 09-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #4295
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

A dog for the people, a dog for the times!

Old 09-19-2021, 10:35 PM   #4296
Shallowed
Braindead

avery is really spoiling us with these insight scoops

first there was the intel on D'arcy being flippin' nuts after chatting with him on a weekly basis for two years

now we're learning that there's an outside vendor working with an indie label??

avery loren is a true top dog

get wrecked, buttcannon

Old 09-20-2021, 05:21 AM   #4297
FoolofaTook

did somebody say top dog again???

Old 09-20-2021, 05:41 AM   #4298
FoolofaTook

Old 09-20-2021, 07:58 AM   #4299
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
avery is really spoiling us with these insight scoops

first there was the intel on D'arcy being flippin' nuts after chatting with him on a weekly basis for two years

now we're learning that there's an outside vendor working with an indie label??

avery loren is a true top dog

get wrecked, buttcannon

Also, that first picture is a Michigan drivers license with her address on it. lol

Old 09-20-2021, 09:18 AM   #4300
FoolofaTook

Old 09-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #4301
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, I don’t think Billy is as rich as many might think. I’m not saying he’s broke, but given how many financial compromises he’s made over the years, it’s not been the moves of a guy with $10M+ in the bank or anything. Sold most of the guitars, amps and drum machines that made the classic albums, sold Today to be used in a Visa commercial, couldn’t keep Zuzu’s financially stable during the pandemic, can never seem to get the archive or vinyl or reissue projects off the ground claiming a bunch of nonsensical hiccups, did that Guitar Hero partnership claiming it was some master career move, etc. I’m sure he lives in a nice house, and his kid is financially set, but the guy has also been tied up in several lawsuits over the years, squabbles about royalty stuff, and claimed he had a difficult time finding financial backing for that last big tour they did.

Paying out of pocket for a lot of these things probably isn’t possible for him any more.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #4302
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post

Also, that first picture is a Michigan drivers license with her address on it. lol
Interesting that her driver’s license says she’s 5’9”. There used to be fights here between people debating whether or not she was 5’7”.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #4303
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Why'd you redact your texts? It was something like i wanna f**k you like an animal, i wanna fill you from the inside, wasn't it?

Old 09-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #4304
FoolofaTook

Unhappy

damn bro what's with all the sex stuff? you know, there's at point at which it stops being funny, and start's being alarming.

have you considered talking about this with your youth pastor?

Old 09-20-2021, 03:25 PM   #4305
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Youth pastor is in jail right now, can you believe it?

Old 09-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #4306
FoolofaTook

Unhappy

For keeping the Sabbath??

Old 09-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #4307
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
Interesting that her driver’s license says she’s 5’9”. There used to be fights here between people debating whether or not she was 5’7”.
Let's keep in mind that they don't measure you at the DMV; you just fill out your info on a form

I'm tempted to think she could have written 6'5'' and the DMV employee, whose soul had long ago been crushed by the uncaring gears of state-level bureaucracy, would type it into the system without blinking, but at the very least she could get away with adding three or four inches and pass a glance-test

Old 09-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #4308
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Exclamation

P.S. Making "friends" with an obviously vulnerable celebrity is pretty fucking creepy

Old 09-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #4309
FoolofaTook

Lightbulb

Not if it's for the ultimate, salvific goal of converting her to the Remnant church of Christ.

Old 09-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #4310
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
P.S. Making "friends" with an obviously vulnerable celebrity is pretty fucking creepy
Plus making a screenshot of the chat, redacting your texts and posting it to THE FIX

Old 09-20-2021, 04:31 PM   #4311
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Also, I don’t think Billy is as rich as many might think. I’m not saying he’s broke, but given how many financial compromises he’s made over the years, it’s not been the moves of a guy with $10M+ in the bank or anything. Sold most of the guitars, amps and drum machines that made the classic albums, sold Today to be used in a Visa commercial, couldn’t keep Zuzu’s financially stable during the pandemic, can never seem to get the archive or vinyl or reissue projects off the ground claiming a bunch of nonsensical hiccups, did that Guitar Hero partnership claiming it was some master career move, etc. I’m sure he lives in a nice house, and his kid is financially set, but the guy has also been tied up in several lawsuits over the years, squabbles about royalty stuff, and claimed he had a difficult time finding financial backing for that last big tour they did.

Paying out of pocket for a lot of these things probably isn’t possible for him any more.
I think billy's never funded any of his music projects out of pocket.
unloading gear that's not being used is cathartic. new gear inspires.
dumping a coffeeshop that's a sinkhole
I don't see any problem with any of these things. He's said as much that he'd want the fans to support the archive projects financially before he gave it a go.
getting financial backing is just basic buisness not to ruin himself. He could easily just sit at home and let royalties come in. it's nice that he keeps trying to find something to sell (even if i'm not buying)

Old 09-20-2021, 04:32 PM   #4312
CherryRay
Pledge

Quote:

Yeah, I think as much as we dislike the new music Billy's probably proud at the fact that after losing as much money and standing he's been able to bring 'The Band' back to the level it's at now. I think he really was financially and creatively at a low point around Teargarden and it's just been his stubborn want to maintain his profile that he's been able to do that.
It's probably just a job and has little interest in music anymore.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:31 PM   #4313
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Dude is super rich. Last couple tours alone must have made him millions. It’s just a job and a lucrative one.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:00 PM   #4314
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy clearly is a guy with a ton of money. He spends it like a millionaire. Pretty much everything he does has to be a net loss, right?

Old 09-20-2021, 06:37 PM   #4315
T&T
Socialphobic

I don't think he spends a penny of his money on his musical endeavours

Old 09-20-2021, 06:56 PM   #4316
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
couldn’t keep Zuzu’s financially stable during the pandemic.
Actually Zuzu's closed down in 2018, way before the pandemic... something to do with tenancy. He actually managed to reopen it in the middle of the pandemic, despite the restrictions, late 2020.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:59 PM   #4317
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Avery is not the only one that managed to connect with Darcy on Facebook. A few other people reported that they spoke for months and that she was so unstable they sometimes doubted it was really her.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #4318
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Avery is not the only one that managed to connect with Darcy on Facebook. A few other people reported that they spoke for months and that she was so unstable they sometimes doubted it was really her.
This is true. I had fans on the secret SP group (Not SM, even more exclusive!) reach out to Billy and Co (LS). They didn't think it was her, but three major things happened that proved it was actually her.

1, she used the same Facebook account to conduct those AltNat interviews in 2018.
2, she shared some super rare 1999 SP era pictures of herself that cannot be traced.
3, after her 2018 meltdown Billy's buddy Mancow released a picture from the same 99 era that shows her in a VERY compromised position.

I am pretty sure this last one has been scrubbed from the internet because its like lawsuit grounds.

She actually reached out to a handful of fans in early 2017 on her now defunct fan page. She was super chatty all through 2017, most likely because she was talking directly with Billy at this time. Late 2017 - early 2018 things obviously changed and she was distant. She would only give single responses or she would direct message some bizarre statement. We talked a sporadically the rest of the year, never touching the SP issue. After Fall 2018 not a peep.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #4319
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
3, after her 2018 meltdown Billy's buddy Mancow released a picture from the same 99 era that shows her in a VERY compromised position.
The Mancow image was recent (2017-2018).

Old 09-20-2021, 09:10 PM   #4320
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
The Mancow image was recent (2017-2018).
Really, the one I am looking at is clearly not recent. I'm more than sure we can't post it here.