Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #421
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

yeah kinda - i will say the first season is grossly fucking overrated in comparison to the ones immediately following though

Old 08-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #422
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
season 5 of black mirror SUCKS ASS
Are you saying that it got worse after the third season?

Old 08-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #423
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 08-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #424
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 08-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #425
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
Love on the Spectrum on Netflix is the thing I've enjoyed the most during quarantine, by far. probably my favorite thing I've seen in years.

I just love it. love love love. it's heartbreaking and sometimes uplifting and such a wonderful slice of humanity. i just want to cry.
totally going for this next

Old 08-02-2020, 08:48 PM   #426
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i watched all of Hannibal in the past few weeks, I guess it recently went on 'flix because I never saw it before.

I've never liked a show that was so bad as much. The entire show is shit after the first season, especially the dialogue, except for Mads Mikkelsen's portrayal of Hannibal Lector. However, by the last season it's like 80% of his dialogue is quotes from literature which is so fucking annoying I can't stand it. And the ridiculousness of investigators investigating crimes against themselves with people on the team as suspects etc, is just so bad. And how they treat mental illness etc. terrible just terrible

But it was good as a show I could put on and be kinda into but not be worried about missing anything like I usually am, so it served its purpose

not recommended though

Old 08-02-2020, 08:51 PM   #427
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Also caught up on I'll Be Gone in the Dark, about the Golden State Killer. I was into this crime spree before it was popularized/he was caught and I was fucking so stoked when he got caught, I never thought he would. I had read all the crime reports and looked at photos and talked about him on reddit (r/earons holla) and it was just so great that he was caught. He also just recently pleaded guilty to everything. There was a very awesome series of posts on the true crime subreddits where the person made the case that EARONS (east area rapist/original night stalker eventually known as golden state killer) was also this other criminal the visalia ransacker, which he was it turned out, which went through all of those crimes painstakingly as well. This dude got away with so much, well, I guess not in the end. And he was only really well known in the past like 5 or 6 years, really just before he was caught when they pushed for more info from the public. I don't know of any other prolific serial killer that was so unknown, so it was really a strange thing. For example everyone knows about the Zodiac but EAR/ONS was so much more prolific and cruel (and interesting/idiosyncratic, like putting dishes on people's backs and crying after his rapes, eating food from the houses, unloading guns in preparation for later coming back to rape, etc), and he even made phone calls and things, so I don't know why he was so unknown.

The series is interesting, and I like that it's about figuring him out and not his crimes, and about the victims talking about their lives etc, since I already know about the crimes. It feels like it could have been better but overall still pretty good. Last one is on tonight, so probably tomorrow it'll be on the free streaming sites

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-02-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:32 PM   #428
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Updates from the world of television:
- Succession is worth a watch
- the third season of Norsemen is now available

Old 08-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #429
yo soy el mejor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post

Loved this one, though that may be the wrong word for something that made me so angry.
omg i know! all those women in her life were total garbage (except that one blonde lady) and i wanted to dropkick all the investigators. tommy and i put on that show one morning in playa del carmen while we were on our honeymoon. after around 20 minutes (or maybe the whole first episode---i forget), i decided it wasn't something i wanted to watch on our honeymoon so we put it off until recently.

as far as dating shows---i watched the short (6 episode) season of love on the spectrum. pretty impressive how some people learn real rules and protocol of engagement that we take for granted. fuck dating shows as a genre though; they repulse me deeply.

we also watch jeopardy and american horror story and the news every morning B]

Old 08-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #430
yo soy el mejor

the new queer eye was cute, yet formulaic. i shouldn't have watched it backwards because it got worse as time went on.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #431
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
Love on the Spectrum on Netflix is the thing I've enjoyed the most during quarantine, by far. probably my favorite thing I've seen in years.

I just love it. love love love. it's heartbreaking and sometimes uplifting and such a wonderful slice of humanity. i just want to cry.
yeah man. there is something so charming and enviable about how they cannot help but stay true to themselves and allow it for others. but then it's heartbreaking because like that one girl said---sometimes being autistic feels like being in a glass box and people can see you, but they can't hear you. and she'll never get out and no one will ever get in.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #432
Eulogy
huh

I’ve only watched one episode of I’ll be gone in the dark and it didn’t really grab me. I’m sure I’ll get around to it though.

I also stalled out on Perry mason. I really just want to watch garbage that doesn’t take any thought or attention lately : /

Old 08-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #433
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I also stalled out on Perry mason. I really just want to watch garbage that doesn’t take any thought or attention lately : /
yeah perry mason is okayish but I'm following

try Upload, it gets better eventually

Old 08-03-2020, 05:51 PM   #434
yo soy el mejor

wussup widdit?! say that shit about perry mason to my granny's face

Old 08-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #435
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
wussup widdit?! say that shit about perry mason to my granny's face
I guess the original series is better IDK

Not that the HBO remake is bad, but I think a second season would be much better (if they don't screw up the finale)

Old 08-04-2020, 10:25 PM   #436
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Talking

Old 08-04-2020, 10:25 PM   #437
buzzard
Minion of Satan

In the role of a lifetime...Tony Danza's corpse is...Tony Danza.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #438
LaBelle
Socialphobic

more like deathtime

Old 08-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #439
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Rewatching Twin Peaks for the billionth time

Old 08-05-2020, 01:03 AM   #440
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I guess the original series is better IDK

Not that the HBO remake is bad, but I think a second season would be much better (if they don't screw up the finale)
oh snap. did not know there was a remake. why ruin a classic? yikes!

Old 08-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #441
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

finished i'll be gone in the dark. I'd give it a solid B. I really liked parts of the last episode but really disliked his ultra-dramatic cousin who made it all about him. Was surprised they gave him so much time. I won't spoil anything but there were some interesting interviews in the last episode

Old 08-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #442
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I'm happy that the new season of Wynonna Earp has started.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #443
FoolofaTook

Old 09-14-2020, 05:40 AM   #444
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

There was an amazing scene on the last Lovecraft Country episode, the guy that plays Omar in The Wire, a Shangela cameo, and a song from Moses Sumney, it was great.

Unfortunately, the show is meh and the characters are stupid and I have no idea what is going on... But I'm half way in so I guess I'll watch it till the end...

Old 09-14-2020, 06:09 AM   #445
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
the guy that plays Omar in The Wire

Old 09-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #446
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I've been watching the new(ish) Twilight Zone series on CBS. Episodes are hit or miss, but there are some good ones.

we've been watching Raised by Wolves on HBO. The first couple of episodes were good, but after that it feels like another sequel to Prometheus that goes on way too long

Old 09-22-2020, 06:24 AM   #447
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Also caught up on I'll Be Gone in the Dark, about the Golden State Killer. I was into this crime spree before it was popularized/he was caught and I was fucking so stoked when he got caught, I never thought he would. I had read all the crime reports and looked at photos and talked about him on reddit (r/earons holla) and it was just so great that he was caught. He also just recently pleaded guilty to everything. There was a very awesome series of posts on the true crime subreddits where the person made the case that EARONS (east area rapist/original night stalker eventually known as golden state killer) was also this other criminal the visalia ransacker, which he was it turned out, which went through all of those crimes painstakingly as well. This dude got away with so much, well, I guess not in the end. And he was only really well known in the past like 5 or 6 years, really just before he was caught when they pushed for more info from the public. I don't know of any other prolific serial killer that was so unknown, so it was really a strange thing. For example everyone knows about the Zodiac but EAR/ONS was so much more prolific and cruel (and interesting/idiosyncratic, like putting dishes on people's backs and crying after his rapes, eating food from the houses, unloading guns in preparation for later coming back to rape, etc), and he even made phone calls and things, so I don't know why he was so unknown.

The series is interesting, and I like that it's about figuring him out and not his crimes, and about the victims talking about their lives etc, since I already know about the crimes. It feels like it could have been better but overall still pretty good. Last one is on tonight, so probably tomorrow it'll be on the free streaming sites
That was a great show
I cried so many times

Old 08-20-2021, 10:13 AM   #448
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I hate Last Week Tonight now, and have for a little while. I used to listen to this weekly, but for months it's been terrible and I guess I should just stop trying. I used to enjoy it a lot, so it feels like ending a tradition.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #449
Shallowed
Braindead

been getting into Twin Peaks

every time Laura's Theme peaks, it always coincides with an intense emotional peak on screen. fucks me up every time.

i love Lucy

Old 08-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #450
Shallowed
Braindead

also my first proper exposure to David Lynch