Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #3931
Brisk
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
lift off time now destination time never
I believe its "Departure time always and arrival time never" ?

Old 04-30-2021, 01:41 PM   #3932
T&T
Socialphobic

actually it's
Quote:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Old 04-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #3933
cork_soaker
full of longing

if i kne
...w wher...e i wa
............s going, i wo.........uld alre.ady be t
.................................................. ..here

Old 05-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #3934
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Did this shit drop yet?

Old 05-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #3935
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Mentioned on his q & a last night everything music-production related is done and he just had a meeting about the artwork.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:25 PM   #3936
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
Hi, haven't been here in a month or 2. So when's the final show coming out?
I believe Billy's verbatim response to this question is "when you stop asking for it", so thanks for resetting the clock on that. BILLY I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS SHIT, NAME YOUR PRICE. I CAN GET ONE DOZEN GOATS BY FRIDAY AND MY CEREMONIAL BLADE IS SHARPENED FOR THE FULL MOON. ALSO CAN PROVIDE NON FUCKABLE TOKENS SUCH AS DOGECOIN

Old 05-02-2021, 07:31 PM   #3937
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Mentioned on his q & a last night everything music-production related is done and he just had a meeting about the artwork.
hasn't he said some variation of this three times over the last couple of years?

Old 05-03-2021, 03:22 AM   #3938
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what about his memoires? they must be 3000 pages by now.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:23 AM   #3939
Cool As Ice Cream

* spiritual memoires

Old 05-03-2021, 03:42 AM   #3940
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
hasn't he said some variation of this three times over the last couple of years?
Yes.

When it eventually comes out you’ll probably have to sign an NDA to buy it.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #3941
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Just wait, Billy will be selling his entire Siddhartha performance as a NFT.

You know you want it.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #3942
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
what about his memoires? they must be 3000 pages by now.

>>>

2009:

Quote:
Well, according to Corgan's immensely entertaining/weird blog, Everything from Here to There, a book entitled God Is Everywhere is in the works and will be sort of spiritual memoir tracing the Smashing Pumpkin's journey from Chicago indie alternative rocker to the holy one he is today.

The book will be published by St. Martin's Press and Corgan posts on his blog that he is "thrilled to be working with them."

In a post called "Christmas Memories," Corgan talks about how the book is a "spiritual memoir about how this boy named William came to find God, or, vice versa, how God came to find William."
https://exclaim.ca/music/article/bil..._named_william

2011:

Quote:
Billy Corgan is writing a book that he describes as a "spiritual memoir."

Where other musicians may have been satisfied with a straightforward autobiography, the Smashing Pumpkins frontman is approaching his book with typical grandiosity, even down to the title: God Is Everywhere, From Here to There. It will be published in 2012 by St Martin's Press.

Corgan told Rolling Stone he is not even using a ghostwriter. He said: "It's a very interesting take inside my personal life and my band life. I've decided to write this on my own, which is complete insanity. I try to spend an hour a day on the book, which is the time I would usually put towards music writing. So that means I have to find that hour, because I won't give up that music-writing time. It's a journey, for sure."
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...iritual-memoir

2012:

Quote:
Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan is rarely at a loss for words, and he's clearly not shy about sharing his thoughts -- so it comes as no surprise that he's working on a memoir.

But this isn't just any life story Corgan is working on. Insisting that it isn't a "a rock 'n' roll autobiography," he's billing it as "a spiritual memoir," albeit one he promises will inclu*de "plenty of sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll," NME reports.

We may have to wait awhile to read it, though, because Corgan also says he'd like to get the next Smashing Pumpkins record out by December of 2013
http://diffuser.fm/billy-corgan-memo...umpkins-album/

2013:

Quote:
Music hasn't been Corgan's only priority as of late. The frontman opened his Resistance Pro independent wrestling promotion and has starred in a wrestling-themed commercial for Walter E. Smithe Furniture. Additionally, Corgan opened an Illinois tea house in 2012 and is currently working on his spiritual memoir, 'God is Everywhere from Here to There.'
http://loudwire.com/smashing-pumpkin...ing-new-album/

2014:

Quote:
Hello friends, a short status update on my book-in-progress, ‘GOD IS EVERYWHERE FROM HERE TO THERE.’

A few days prior I crossed the 200,000 word threshold, convinced that the midway point of said opus had been reached. But this was not so, as only 5 of 12 intended sections have been covered. Had I forgotten to count? No, it was just that section 5 was so long and intense an experience to spin-out that it *felt like a conclusion of sorts. So all this means is that I’m only a few weeks behind, and intend to make the correct (and anticipated) announcement 4 weeks hence.

General indications are that the book will eventually clock in at a half million words. Too many I say; but sadly, never enough.

W.P.C.
http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com...THERE%E2%80%99

Quote:
Q: You’ve also been working on a spiritual memoir for the last couple of years, “God is Everywhere, from Here to There.” When can we expect it to be published?

Corgan: It should be done roughly by the end of this year. The book is in four sections and I’ve just finished section one after a couple false starts. And that first section clocks in at about 120,000 words. Multiply that times four, that’s what the book is going to be.
Quote:
Q: What have you learned?

Corgan: I was surprised that writing long-form for a book is far different than writing a thousand words for a short story or a little observational thing. Or even a blog post. Because the long form of narrative requires a completely different discipline that I didn’t have. And I didn’t go to college, you know. And I have no formal training.

So being stubborn, I went into the process thinking, “I can do this” and then when I was confronted with the fact that I couldn’t, I had one of two choices. I was going to bring in a ghostwriter or quit, or figure out how to write a long-form book, and so I have actually taught myself how to write long form, which has been probably the hardest thing that I’ve had to do — way harder than learn how to write music.
http://crestfallen.com/2014/04/17/bi...r-and-twitter/

2016:

Quote:
The Smashing Pumpkins frontman's working title is 'God is Everywhere, From Here To There.'

Billy Corgan has been working on a memoir and it's turning into quite the lengthy tome. Running at more than 1,000 pages, the Smashing Pumpkins frontman said he's not done yet.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...han-1000-pages

2018:

Quote:
I keep coming back around to it. I mean...I thought I knew what the ending was gonna be, you know?....and now I have to write a totally different ending. That's part of the problem is...I'm actually thinking about restarting it...'cause in the beginning I was gonna write it out of sequence because I wanted to address the dissociative feeling of...it's a weird combo...of child abuse leading into fame. Every stage of my life is so dissociative, I actually wanted to make the reader feel dissociative part of it. But now I'm actually thinking the best thing to do is just sort of write the 0 to 18 book...like the book 'til the day I met James or something...like lead up to there and stop. And then the next book would be take it up from there and go through like Mellon Collie or something. I think that's probably a little bit more realistic at this point.

Old 05-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #3943
T&T
Socialphobic

he should re-start it. it's probably all full of lies anyways.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #3944
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

I can't make it through his IG posts

Old 05-04-2021, 12:42 AM   #3945
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

You know how some movies state "Based on actual events," but you discover most of the movie is made up BS with just 5% of what actual happened? Well, this will be Billy's memoir book. Based on Billy's distorted reworking of actual events. You can't believe half of what Billy says anyway.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:54 AM   #3946
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
I had one of two choices. I was going to bring in a ghostwriter or quit, or figure out how to write a long-form book
lol
Quote:
and so I have actually taught myself how to write long form
lolololololo!

Old 05-04-2021, 08:35 AM   #3947
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Old 05-04-2021, 11:09 AM   #3948
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
You know how some movies state "Based on actual events," but you discover most of the movie is made up BS with just 5% of what actual happened? Well, this will be Billy's memoir book. Based on Billy's distorted reworking of actual events. You can't believe half of what Billy says anyway.
I'm pretty sure he actually said it'd be like that, and that's why it's a "spiritual" memoir. He said people/names/events/everything might not be accurate but it'd be "emotionally" and "spiritually" true.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #3949
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Bill is all about announcements.

No machina, no chicago, no zwan, no shiny 2, no day for night, no nothing....
I've never thought that the downfall goes on and on....

1000 of album releases every day despite the pandemic...
Bill thinks that sp still play a role in the music scene.
The dont... it is just a combo of old guys who had jumped on the alternative train and had some hits and mtv presence.
But it has been a continuous downfall since 2000

Old 05-04-2021, 03:53 PM   #3950
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i'm for sure only interested in a book written by D'arcy at this point

Old 05-05-2021, 02:54 AM   #3951
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
I had one of two choices. I was going to bring in a ghostwriter or quit, or figure out how to write a long-form book
I am one as two are three

Old 05-05-2021, 04:53 AM   #3952
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Bill is all about announcements.

No machina, no chicago, no zwan, no shiny 2, no day for night, no nothing....
I've never thought that the downfall goes on and on....

1000 of album releases every day despite the pandemic...
Bill thinks that sp still play a role in the music scene.
The dont... it is just a combo of old guys who had jumped on the alternative train and had some hits and mtv presence.
But it has been a continuous downfall since 2000
His penchant for announcements goes all the way back to 1994, when he announced the band were starting work on a double CD concept album, "The Wall for Generation X". Lucky for him he was able to pull it off; in alternative universe it never came to be and was just a regular single album in the end.

Then he announces the "return of SP" in a newspaper ad, without actually making sure first of all that the actual members of SP would do it.

And then it just got worse, as you mention. "The Fool's Journey" indeed.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:10 AM   #3953
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

The point is: you cannot rely on anything this bill is talking about..

Old 05-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #3954
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
His penchant for announcements goes all the way back to 1994, when he announced the band were starting work on a double CD concept album, "The Wall for Generation X". Lucky for him he was able to pull it off; in alternative universe it never came to be and was just a regular single album in the end.

Then he announces the "return of SP" in a newspaper ad, without actually making sure first of all that the actual members of SP would do it.

And then it just got worse, as you mention. "The Fool's Journey" indeed.
A message to Chicago from

Billy Corgan

I want my band back, my hopes, my dreams.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #3955
T&T
Socialphobic

remember when billy said he was sad that the other band members didn't call him after he put out the ad.

like the dummy never actually picked up the phone himself. TWAT.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #3956
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
>>>
2009:
2011:
2012:
2013:
2014:
2016:
2018: ...I'm actually thinking about restarting it...
Oh, right... Yeah, so when James and Jimmy came back - I guess he thought it might not be the brighest SP.inc business move to publish a triste shitting all over his [company] past and/or present ...

Can someone please guess the names of the 12 parts already?
Chapter 8: "Satan on the Catwalk" ?

Old 05-09-2021, 05:46 AM   #3957
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Bill's waiting for every single person who was at one point interested in the Machina reissue to lose all desire to hear it. Once the very last person gives up (after being strung along for a decade, blocked from Bill's insta, and deciding there are much better artists and albums they can listen to) only then will Bill announce the release via Zuzu's at a cost of $300 with a case of tea.

After poor sales he will claim fans stuck in the past don't want archive content and claim the album was unsalvageable and he always hated it actually.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:00 PM   #3958
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Best thing is accusing fans for his loss of producing decent albums.

The magic went wrong, so did everything else with the productions from 2000 until today

Old 05-09-2021, 05:10 PM   #3959
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

"The magic went wrong" is a good title for a number of things

Old 05-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #3960
T&T
Socialphobic

I think they made a DVD of that in 2008