Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2021, 01:19 PM   #3631
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah absolutely, and I can see the argument it's nothing to do with Bill, he doesn't need to say anything.

But at the same time when you see the people and causes he chooses to go off at, his silence on these matters speaks volumes.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #3632
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah I'd rather not make this about Billy at all. That seems incredibly tacky.

Plus it's been like an hour since the news broke, for all we know he's off doing stuff and hasn't even seen any of this yet.

Billy's an ass, sure, he's said tons of stupid shit, but he's never struck me as physically violent or alt-right malicious, just ignorant and loud-mouthed. I'm not gonna sit here and tell myself he's gonna stand by his BFF or whatever to support whatever grudge.

Let's just not.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #3633
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

Plus it's been like an hour since the news broke, for all we know he's off doing stuff and hasn't even seen any of this yet.

Billy's an ass, sure, he's said tons of stupid shit, but he's never struck me as physically violent or alt-right malicious, just ignorant and loud-mouthed. I'm not gonna sit here and tell myself he's gonna stand by his BFF or whatever to support whatever grudge.

Let's just not.
Guys who have nothing to hide don't make every human they have contact with sign NDA's.

Old 02-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #3634
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This is not about Billy, but this forum is about him and this is the second(?) person in his professional periphery to get accused of this type of shit, iirc.

He has chosen to trash talk and punch down, plus his right-wing conspiracy nut talk on Alex Jones. It’s just notable I think. We don’t know the guy, we only have what he chooses to put out there to go on. Maybe not now but in time he might comment on anything he saw or speak out in solidarity with the victims. Just an instagram post or something y’know? Celebrities do that sort of thing.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:17 PM   #3635
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Notable, yeah, I agree with that. I just try to be careful judging people by the company they keep.

Was Twiggy the other one you're referring to?

As far as NDAs go, I'd attribute that to his obsessive control-freak nature and the fact that we all know he treats his band as a brand.

The guy believes in chemtrails and healing crystals, and I think it's thinking more along the lines of that than any of the really nasty stuff typically attributed to right-wing nuts. So that's where I think the Alex Jones appearances come from; what he has in common there.

I'll say it openly: I really, really don't want to believe he'd cover up for Manson, or express solidarity with him, or anything like that. Not the guy who wrote so many songs confronting the scars physical abuse leaves.

I'd be incredibly disgusted if so.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:51 PM   #3636
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Before you throw Manson under the bus, may i remind you Ryan Adams has been “cleared by FBI” following an investigation?

Old 02-01-2021, 06:55 PM   #3637
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Friends with Billy Inc?

Old 02-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #3638
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Following an investigation by me, Ryan Adams was determined to be “a massive douche”.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #3639
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Remember when Ryan Adams re-recorded Taylor Swift’s entire album in a transparent and desperate attempt to creep on her? Obv not as next-level as Kanye crafting a nude sex doll of her and rapping “no guys, I genuinely think we might have sex”.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #3640
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

As a Smashing Pumpkins fan, I demand Billy Corgan denounce Kanye’s production of the Taylor Swift real doll.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #3641
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, here's Linda claiming she's known about this stuff for a long time

Thoughts & prayers of course

If anyone wants to make another thread in addition to the one in general feel free

I'll be off throwing up now

Old 02-01-2021, 10:14 PM   #3642
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Is it the concert within an album thing that makes you think of In The Flesh? I was just thinking about The Wall in relation to Machina. Definitely some similarities
Nope, not at all. It just seems like an interesting arrangement for the song. Not sure when/why I thought of it though.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:57 PM   #3643
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

If anyone wants to make another thread in addition to the one in general feel free

Isn’t that a thing though, like you’re supposed to call the abuse out if you know it’s happening....like the Joe Paterno situation? Wouldn’t Strawburry be a coconspirator or something if she knew it was happening?

Old 02-01-2021, 11:12 PM   #3644
run2pee
Minion of Satan

At the very least she could say hey big willie don’t do business with Manson he’s abusing little girls

Old 02-02-2021, 12:14 AM   #3645
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Rowberry

I'm just sitting here crying reading my dear friend @smashleywaters statement + Evan Rachel Wood and so many other describing the abuse they suffered through.
Sadly I relate to so much of it. My heart is with them tonight. that was incredibly brave. I've known a lot of this for many years. I knew some of it even as it was occurring. I prayed for my friend.
Listen to survivors.
Believe survivors.
Cast light into the darkness

oh, so this is about you then.. got it.

Old 02-02-2021, 12:54 AM   #3646
run2pee
Minion of Satan

So like, do we think linda S had to pass her very important social media message thru big willie? Is sp camp itself gonna say anything?

If nothing else you’d think rape survivors might run out and buy Cyr if brave willie were big enuff to say “hey, gosh, fuck marilyn Manson, that’s not too cool”

Old 02-02-2021, 01:56 AM   #3647
wHATcOLOR

“i knew about all of this for years! some of it while it was happening. and fam, believe me, i prayed

Old 02-02-2021, 01:58 AM   #3648
wHATcOLOR

she’s lucky olivia benson doesn’t haul her in to the clink for aiding and abetting

Old 02-02-2021, 01:59 AM   #3649
wHATcOLOR

fin tutuola ain’t got no time for your whack ass art and cavalier attitude towards abetting felonies

Old 02-02-2021, 04:54 AM   #3650
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
“i knew about all of this for years! some of it while it was happening. and fam, believe me, i prayed
This.

Amazed she would risk saying this given her association with MM support act.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #3651
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
Following an investigation by me, Ryan Adams was determined to be “a massive douche”.
He's the guy that left this message on a journalist's voice-mail after a negative review. He's got some issues.

An abuser is a different story unless you're Mandy Moore: “He would always tell me, 'You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument. lmao

Last edited by TheAlter : 02-02-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:15 AM   #3652
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Wow, what a virtue signalling, hypocrite sycophant. On a positive note, WPC is probably not having it so maybe bye Raspberry.

Last edited by TheAlter : 02-02-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #3653
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

He won't comment on it, same as lack of comment on Black Lives Matter protests, storming of the capitol, anything remotely political... I think he avoids commenting on anything controversial these days as he worries about what he would think of as cancel culture. There will instead be Instagram stories of a wrestler, a 50s pin up and then someone playing guitar in Pink Floyd

Also quite interesting to see Katie Cole posted messages of support

Last edited by New Art Rioter : 02-02-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:58 AM   #3654
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
He's the guy that left this message on a journalist's voice-mail after a negative review. He's got some issues.

An abuser is a different story unless you're Mandy Moore: “He would always tell me, 'You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument. lmao
I saw him play a dull-ass seated gig and it was no photos and one woman, about 30 minutes in had her phone out to take a photo, and he stopped the set to call her out and was a piece of shit to her. I get it’s annoying to have fans taking photos all the time or not paying attention to the music, but it didn’t flash, the lights were up, nobody gave a fuck and she’d paid to be there.

He took it way too far and made everybody feel uncomfortable.

Would he have said those things if that woman had been Kanye’s Taylor Swift sex doll? Absolutely not.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #3655
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Test.

Old 02-02-2021, 12:05 PM   #3656
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I saw him play a dull-ass seated gig and it was no photos and one woman, about 30 minutes in had her phone out to take a photo, and he stopped the set to call her out and was a piece of shit to her. I get it’s annoying to have fans taking photos all the time or not paying attention to the music, but it didn’t flash, the lights were up, nobody gave a fuck and she’d paid to be there.

He took it way too far and made everybody feel uncomfortable.

Would he have said those things if that woman had been Kanye’s Taylor Swift sex doll? Absolutely not.
Oh c'mon cut our kid some slack. He's got Meniere's Disease on top that. That's why he'll play shows with dim lights and won't allow photographs.

Kayne is the moron walking up to the stage questioning her award isn't he? Most embarassing moment in pop music history. smh

Old 02-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #3657
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Oh c'mon cut our kid some slack. He's got Meniere's Disease on top that. That's why he'll play shows with dim lights and won't allow photographs.

Kayne is the moron walking up to the stage questioning her award isn't he? Most embarassing moment in pop music history. smh
When gig tickets cost approx 1-2 day’s pay on average salary. And the person is a fan of your work enough to go see you perform, talking to them like they are scum of the earth, something you tread in, because they discreetly took a photo... no slack given.

At least he did an encore unlike the sulky bald lord.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #3658
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
At least he did an encore unlike the sulky bald lord.
Lol amen to that.

Doing tours with Meniere's must suck tho. It could kick in at any given time.

Last edited by TheAlter : 02-02-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #3659
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33

Also, everyone. Marilyn Manson is Iha's brother-in-law. Their wives are sisters. Wonder how awkward that is right now.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:26 PM   #3660
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Bread View Post
Also, everyone. Marilyn Manson is Iha's brother-in-law. Their wives are sisters. Wonder how awkward that is right now.
I just googled her. Twin sister, no less!

Anyway after the endorsement from Rose McGowan it's safe to assume it's just the same circus over and over.