Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2019, 10:56 PM   #3331
fuzzyroes
Banned

I can't believe people actually like that album

wickedfaery
That’s too much awesomeness in one picture! You guys rock! And that album... well, that album fuckin’ rocks too!

Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #3332
D.
Consume my pants.

this guy is doubling down on being a piece of shit holyyyy fuck

Old 06-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #3333
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Unhappy

OMG noooo that's the last thing this planet needs: less humans!!!!!

Old 06-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #3334
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

The generations coming after the 60s' sexual revolution have invented promiscuity and will drive our population down to extinction levels

More and more fucking but fewer and fewer unloved, unwanted babies

Old 06-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #3335
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Honestly sounds like a mommy blogger who started out with a normal life until she got pregnant and the hormones flipped a switch in her head to full-on "Having a child is the purpose of existence, you wouldn't understand because you're not a mother" mode

Old 06-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #3336
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post

Lol big willies stiiiiiiiiiiiiiill fucken butthurt about not being “the pretty one” lolololo

Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 PM   #3337
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:

Y'all if you didn't already think Bill was trash for being racist and transphobic, surely you can think he's trash for being anti-choice. Holy fucking shit this is beyond.

... oh I guess that's why his core fanbase these days is mormons but what do i know? :shrug:

Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #3338
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i don't think he's trash for it the reply was just stupid and annoying. seriously, give us back the Bill we actually signed up for!

Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #3339
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

The real issue here is that 'committing' has two 't's. Nineties Billy could spell committing. Sigh, our hero is gone for good.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 PM   #3340
fuzzyroes
Banned

He's promoting wholesome family values. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, folks.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #3341
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i don't even know if he's anti-choice. it sounds more like he's trying to say everyone should have a family instead of fucking around, not necessarily a statement against abortion.

but honestly i'm not sure, and it's a shitty statement regardless. mr. having children at 50+ with a 25 year old shouldn't be telling people they should commit. how many sex partners has he had? i've said it before, having kids with airplane mode is like being a father and grandfather at the same time

Old 06-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #3342
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Not that I care, but Billiam is having children out of wedlock. And he is a divorcee. Just like Trump - a real wholesome Focus on the Family style upstanding Christian. So happy he is preaching morality to us now. Lol

Old 06-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #3343
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
He's promoting wholesome family values. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, folks.
except he didn't become a family man until he was 50 and he spends months and months away from his infant children every year touring. he should be the last one preaching of committing yourself to a family

and how many partners exactly has he had? probably more than most people. he was fucking courtney love while kurt's body was still warm. fuck out of here corgan

Old 06-25-2019, 11:04 PM   #3344
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Can you imagine the guy who wrote XYU writing that LMAO

Old 06-25-2019, 11:07 PM   #3345
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
except he didn't become a family man until he was 50 and he spends months and months away from his infant children every year touring. he should be the last one preaching of committing yourself to a family

and how many partners exactly has he had? probably more than most people. he was fucking courtney love while kurt's body was still warm. fuck out of here corgan
Ehhh, his past is irrelevant. He's trying to use his fame as a platform to promote family values in an era where they're being ignored more and more.

Perhaps it took him until his 50's to have that aha moment and now he's simply trying to share his wisdom. Whatever the case, his response is certainly not something that should be held against him or taken negatively.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 PM   #3346
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

see normal people that have aha moments don't become suddenly paragons of what is good and right like they've now saints and they "know the truth"

they are able to state that they've seen that for them a family life was what they really needed and they hope other people can experience it for themselves. that would be a normal, mature response.

not "i've lived a new way for 5 years and anyone not doing so is responsible for millions of children not being born"

everyone grows and figures out their lives. this happens multiple times during someone's life. figuring that out helps you put into perspective that you're still on a roller coaster even if, for the moment, you feel like you've gotten off the ride.

and your past is not irrelevant until you've proven over time that you've actually changed.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #3347
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Quote:
Ehhh, his past is irrelevant. He's trying to use his fame as a platform to promote family values in an era where they're being ignored more and more.

Perhaps it took him until his 50's to have that AHA MOMENT and now he's simply trying to share his wisdom. Whatever the case, his response is certainly not something that should be held against him or taken negatively.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:22 PM   #3348
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Quote:
see normal people that have AHA MOMENTS don't become suddenly paragons of what is good and right like they've now saints and they "know the truth"

they are able to state that they've seen that for them a family life was what they really needed and they hope other people can experience it for themselves. that would be a normal, mature response.

not "i've lived a new way for 5 years and anyone not doing so is responsible for millions of children not being born"

everyone grows and figures out their lives. this happens multiple times during someone's life. figuring that out helps you put into perspective that you're still on a roller coaster even if, for the moment, you feel like you've gotten off the ride.

and your past is not irrelevant until you've proven over time that you've actually changed.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:15 AM   #3349
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
i don't even know if he's anti-choice. it sounds more like he's trying to say everyone should have a family instead of fucking around, not necessarily a statement against abortion.
Honestly I'm not sure how you can read that without seeing it's clearly anti-choice. "Millions of children never to be born" because people choose promiscuity over raising a family. Thats like classic conservative thinking. I should know, I was raised in it. It's textbook - refer to clumps of cells as babies never born. C'mon, reprise.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:19 AM   #3350
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Gosh big willie never was much for the book learnin, huh!

Least he was cool, once

Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 AM   #3351
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Perhaps it took him until his 50's to have that aha moment and now he's simply trying to share his wisdom. Whatever the case, his response is certainly not something that should be held against him or taken negatively.
Aw fuck off with all that horseshit u just said just now

Lol his past is irrelevant why? Just b/c u so declare?

Dude, he is not fucken wise, ok? He is in fact a very dim man. This is just a Precious Moments Bible moment, here. It’s hilarious is what it is

Old 06-26-2019, 12:38 AM   #3352
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

his past is irrelevant because he was hangin' with some rap-fans and they got excited when he told them his past was irrelevant

Old 06-26-2019, 12:54 AM   #3353
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Old 06-26-2019, 12:59 AM   #3354
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Pretty much what I get from it

Old 06-26-2019, 01:20 AM   #3355
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Honestly sounds like a mommy blogger who started out with a normal life until she got pregnant and the hormones flipped a switch in her head to full-on "Having a child is the purpose of existence, you wouldn't understand because you're not a mother" mode
lol this is so true.

ALSO: Billy is basically a cliche conservative white male who dresses up as his former 90s alternative self for money.

I recently saw one of his VIP videos where he said he thought "alternative was dead" because corporate culture has merged with alternative culture, but what he doesn't understand is...pride, climate change, student debt forgiveness, etc are the alternative culture of this generation.

Last edited by Funbags : 06-26-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:37 AM   #3356
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

O-ha

Old 06-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #3357
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:

Aha ahahah

Ahahahahahhahhahah wtf

Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #3358
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85
mr. having children at 50+ with a 25 year old shouldn't be telling people they should commit. how many sex partners has he had? i've said it before, having kids with airplane mode is like being a father and grandfather at the same time
Yeah being a grandpa and a dad at the same time is a good description

He’s got some kinda hillbilly logic going on

Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #3359
vixnix
Socialphobic

can hear duelling banjos rite now

Old 06-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #3360
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Aw fuck off with all that horseshit u just said just now

Lol his past is irrelevant why? Just b/c u so declare?

Dude, he is not fucken wise, ok? He is in fact a very dim man. This is just a Precious Moments Bible moment, here. It’s hilarious is what it is
I'm not saying he's wise or anything, but he still has a sizeable platform and I personally think it's a good thing that he's promoting family values with it. There's a lot of attacks on the value and importance of family in our culture lately, so I see it as a positive that Billy is speaking out against that.

And really, even if one disagrees with him, we can at least respect that he's entitled to his own opinion.