Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #31
smashingschnauz
Pledge

And I'm more worried about Billy's music than breaking down every fucking interview he does line by line. It's the music not the crazy shit he says that matter to me.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #32
Elphenor
Braindead

His music sucks too

Old 12-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #33
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingschnauz View Post
Umm... I didn't put him down by saying Billy's better. Kurt was a great musician as well but a tad overrated in my book.
That last bit was a tangent on my part, in relation to how Billy has just been criticizing others whilst wondering why he doesn't get 5/5 reviews.

Quote:
And I'm more worried about Billy's music than breaking down every fucking interview he does line by line. It's the music not the crazy shit he says that matter to me.
Billy's mentality and sales plays a role in how his music turns out, this is a forum so people are going to discuss anything Billy/SP, including his interviews. You are free to take part or not.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #34
smashingschnauz
Pledge

Why are you here? Seriously if he sucks and his music sucks doesn't your fucking piece of shit ass have better things to do. Guess not, my god what a pussy.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #35
Elphenor
Braindead

I like Smashing Pumpkins, I don't like old guy Billy

edit: But I'm always interested in what the guy who fronted my favorite American band of all time is up to

Old 12-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #36
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Why are you here? Seriously if he sucks and his music sucks doesn't your fucking piece of shit ass have better things to do. Guess not, my god what a pussy.
No dude, i think you have to check yourself. This is netphoria, what do you think netphoria is about?

Old 12-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #37
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

smashingschnauz is a hardcore troo fan.

Billy's got plenty of dues. he stopped getting them when he stopped making interesting music.

Really his main sin was to break up the band. if he'd stayed in the public eye, he'd probably still have top ten records regardless of the quality. Record sales is not all about quality. in fact, it only has somewhat something to do with it. he let himself become yesterday's news. It seemed evident he was never gonna be able to regain the status he had after that. 6 years is a long time. And the casual SP listener is probably only vaguely aware that SP was Corgan so when he went solo, they didn't really car.e

And then also i believe he truly damaged his name by constantly being a shit... On the other hand i cant help but think that when he says he's great musician or artist or nobody thinks its a 3 star record, that some people will actually bother checking the record out if even just to be able to say he's wrong.. but they probably won't be buying it. They'll hit youtube or whatever, check a few tracks, then find out its actually at best a 3 stars record and won't bother.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #38
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Anyone else just loving the return of angry, bitter Billy, whether or not we agree with him? That's why I love this band. He takes everything seriously. It's refreshing.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #39
Elphenor
Braindead

It's only fun when he's making righteous music

Old 12-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #40
smashingschnauz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
No dude, i think you have to check yourself. This is netphoria, what do you think netphoria is about?
I guess I need it to be explained, I just joined. I'm not wanting a rah rah site but the negatives on here is surprising.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #41
Shallowed
Braindead

As long as Billy keeps saying and doing stupid shit, we will be there to point and laugh

Old 12-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #42
Elphenor
Braindead

This is not a Smashing Pumpkins board, this is a board for people who used to like Smashing Pumpkins usually when they were teenagers

Old 12-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #43
Shallowed
Braindead

It's actually a board for casual fans

Old 12-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #44
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I still like SP and I still spend money on the band but my extreme objectiveness tends to piss the hardcore ones off. Bill has some good points but he also says and does a lot of ridiculous things as well. It's all about the checks and balances here.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #45
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I love sp and billy is my fave rock star. I also like MTAE but it doesn't change the fact that he is such an awful piece of garbage sometimes. I think billy deserves his due respect in the media but he sure doesn't give the same respect he wants. I mean the way he treats his fan base alone. He really deserves netphoria.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #46
X.Y.U.S.A.
Oblivious Virgin

If your rock stars aren't a mess, they probably aren't that great anyway...

Old 12-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #47
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
A sheet of LSD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Maybe a copy of Siamese Dream.
For his birthday netphoria should send him a cake with three stars on it.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #48
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Quote:
For his birthday netphoria should send him a cake with three stars on it.
4.5 star idea

Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #49
Elphenor
Braindead

I still think the best thing is someone said they'd get a picture with Corgan while wearing a James Iha shirt.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #50
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

So instead of smashing a cake, you would rather he murdered someone?

Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #51
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

http://www.cakepicturegallery.com/d/...as+letters.PNG

Old 12-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #52
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

The cake should be ZERO with 3 stars under it.

And a "hahaha, billy you suck — love netphoria" card

Old 12-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #53
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Ahhhh, if only it could happen... But alas, it will be lost inside the dream of teen machines...

Old 12-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #54
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

have all the fans where a white-t with a lone pumpkin on the front, 3 stars carved in it, and the text reading "FUCK (Smashing Pumpkins) THE GUARDIAN"

that'll pro some resistances

Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #55
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

i think the reason he doesn't respect the fanbase is because hes unwilling like i said earlier to accept any criticism. So anyone who may criticize something he's done, well they're worthless and don't know shit, fuck em. its either worship me and everything i do or shut up

Old 12-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #56
Shallowed
Braindead

But if you like an album or song of his too much for his liking it means you lost your virginity to it.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #57
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

He doesnt respect the fan base because we like him, he always wants what he cant have.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #58
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
The cake should be ZERO with 3 stars under it.
loooool

Old 12-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #59
LaBelle
Socialphobic

What a self aggrandizing asshole.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #60
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

He's pretty much spot on in the downfall of the music biz.

The fact that most of my friends, whom musical tastes I respect,

a) think Taylor Swift is a good musician and not a appropriating gentrifying piece of watered down trend riding using ghost writers piece of shit
b) like above said asshole but don't own a single album of hers, they stream it or torrent it but don't buy it
c) think Hozier is good music "take me to church" man, I miss the days of alternative rock being just that--an alternative to traditional rock and pop
d) think Dave Grohl is a rad dude and not just a nostalgia dick sucking asshole making rock music more inoffensive every day

proves this.

I was drawn to the Pumpkins because they were a band with a frontman who had an awful singing voice, made double albums that featured songs like Cupid de Locke, had bizarre humor like Vieuphoria, and weren't afraid to be an antagonistic rock band that the rock community hated but also were divisive commercially.

The Pumpkins still do this, and that's why I'm still here. Corgan says he wants to be a pop culture phenomenon again but then he makes this clearly antagonistic "oh you want pop and Siamese Dream? Here's the most basic fucking pop songs, here's a song that shows you I still could make SDv2 if I wanted, and you'll buy it because you're an idiot."

Personally, that's been part of the appeal. The fact that Corgan will willingly pander to the mainstream but at his own demands is why I adore the guy.

So fuck me, but I fucking LOVE the direction of this band right now because Corgan has finally remembered how to be the Pumpkins again. That's why I love the 20th shows, I love his interviews, and I love his generally "go fuck yourself" attitude. In the 90s, that was cool, so it went over well.

But look here, the fact that fucking BUSH has a high charting single and the fact that the Foo Fighters still dominate rock despite Sonic Highways being nostalgic regurgitated trash (album and show) shows that nice, inoffensive musicians are successful today.

Wasn't like that in the 90s and wasn't like that in the 00s. But now that the mainstream is all fucking kumbayah BFFs, Corgan's abrasive attitude gets internet Warriors pissed so they ignore him.

Because no, Oceania and MTAE aren't close to the old material. But in a world in which BUSH STILL FUCKING CHARTS and Eddie Vedder can pump out turds like "hehrrrr teh saaaayrns" while Drum + Fife or One and All get ignored shows that the mainstream decided Corgan is too much of a washed up asshole to be relevant anymore.

So it's sad. While his quality has dropped, he still makes slick radio tunes but the style that got him big in the 90s makes him an outcast in 2014.